Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new mecca....lol. Nice try LA.

NY basketball has been trash mainly because all these NY guys leave for prep school somewhere or get caught up in dumb ****.

Jelly fam and Bamba look promising though.

NY looks like its making a small comeback in terms of prospects but there's still a ways to go.

I don't blame these kids leaving the city either.

Thats a thing about Lebron I respect, he has never really tap danced politically like Jordan or Kobe did.

Eh, there has been times where he's been a bit of a tap dancer but in general he's very socially aware. Don't know whether that should be a point to compare him to Mike or Kobe, as all 3 have been generous in their charity work. But that said, I do agree in principle.

It can suck for another 20 years, NY will still be the Mecca.

And what are you saying the last 3 MVPs were from LA? There's been 1 NBA MVP from Cali in the last 30+ years.

If we're taking in account the population of Cali (39 mill) vs the population of NYC (8.5 mill) the chances that there are better players in Cali are ofcourse a lot higher.

Hell if anything the DMV has much better players than both

Got the best pro am in the world today, run the summer, no one's pick up bump college or pros is like UCLA in the summer, and the the 3 MVP candidates from this past season were from LA.

LA>

#NewMecca

NYC basketball hasn't been good for a decade plus. It'll never be good again.
new yorkers overrate everything NY. Big egos for no good reason whatsoever

#notmymecca

Dallas and H Tine basketball >>> NYC basketball
Pop trunk just to get the basketball out
femolf.jpg

And what are you saying the last 3 MVPs were from LA? There's been 1 NBA MVP from Cali in the last 30+ years.

If we're taking in account the population of Cali (39 mill) vs the population of NYC (8.5 mill) the chances that there are better players in Cali are ofcourse a lot higher.

Bro I didn't say anything close to this

Got the best pro am in the world today, run the summer, no one's pick up bump college or pros is like UCLA in the summer, and the the 3 MVP candidates from this past season were from LA.

LA>

#NewMecca

Paul George, Demar, Russ, Kawhi, Harden, BBB, and a host of others along with dominating the summer pro basketball circuit = New Mecca

He said LA, not Cali :lol:

Harden and Westbrook went to high school like 10 miles apart from each other. The Drew league is in Watts. UCLA is obviously in LA. Then when you factor in that NYC has a population of 8.5 mil while LA is only 3.9 mil, your argument goes out the window.

Now, Kawhichael Jordan might be a stretch. He's from the IE. I wouldn't include him in these talks.

Then we got guys like leemelone (he hoops).

I don't eem have adog in this race, doe. I don't mind NYC still being called the mecca. Someone called it that decades ago and it stuck. Like baseball still being called "America's Pastime" when it's clearly not true anymore :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom