Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
nerd.gif
It's almost EXACTLY the same.

Flip most of the young assets, clear cap space, and try to lure some megastar to the team.

The issue with this is that No one comes to trash and if Paul George doesn't come over this season, they're going to be awful next year, and Idk how confident you can be presenting that to Lebron, Russ, etc. next summer.

I tried to defend Dwight Howard for the longest but his own hometown traded him and he hasn't even been there for 12 months. :rofl:

He's done. Stick a fork in him. I'm so hype for the draft tomorrow. I want Boston to grab a rebounding shot blocking big but i'll be cool with Josh Jackson or Jayson Tatum for some perimeter defense and some athleticism. I don't think Jayson Tatum is athletic, though. He can shoot better than Joshua....

D'Angelo's days were numbered after he did that to Nick Young. Swaggy P really outlasted D'Lo as a Laker. Jordan Clarkson is next. Larry Nance is gone and Luol. Book it!

Flip most of the young assets, clear cap space, and try to lure some megastar to the team.

The issue with this is that No one comes to trash and if Paul George doesn't come over this season, they're going to be awful next year, and Idk how confident you can be presenting that to Lebron, Russ, etc. next summer.
What bothers me most about this is when Magic was named President of Basketball Ops he preached patience, and saying that it wasn't going to be a quick turnaround and the organization was going to be build the team the "right" way. The move yesterday looks like the exact opposite, but it's one move so we'll see. 

You don't understand how it works. When you have cap space, people automatically sign with you if you are the Lakers.

Sarcasm aside, it's a little frustrating watching them try to do the exact same thing as they have done the last 4 years. If you look back at the 2015 off-season thread where they drafted Dlo, it's like Deja vu in there. Talks about clearing space for two superstars in boogie and then Westbrook in 2017.

Yeah, Mitch and Jim Buss sure were going to lure free agents by dropping bags of money at Deng and Mozgov :rolleyes

That's a solid trade for the Wizards. Donnell Jones has been consistently solid whenever he's gotten extended bump whether it was in Portland, NO, etc.

He's been cool with UA's people since high school. Almost thought he was gonna go to Maryland cuz of that :lol:

Hyperbole. They aren't flipping most of the assets for anything. A guy that wasn't in the long term plans, getting replaced, and would have been moved upon PG's arrival anyway in D'Lo. And possibly another dude who they likely weren't committing long term dollars to in Randle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom