Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching that Ingram highlights posted I realized Clarkson is a way better fit at point guard than Russell

NBA teams just found out they're getting $3 million less in salary cap space. Cap expected to come at $99M, down from $102M projection

No it wouldn't :lol: That's lowkey a diaster waiting to happen. Porzingis plus trash and you don't even have your lotto pick for next year.

Their lotto pick next year is gone either way. How do we know #2 & Ingram plus trash is any better than Porzingis plus trash? At this point Porzingis is much closer to a sure thing.

If lakers never signed moz, would ratsull still be a laker? Or was he gone regardless

And as much as I respect whips opinion on this is there anyone else that has an answer

If lakers never signed moz, would ratsull still be a laker? Or was he gone regardless

And as much as I respect whips opinion on this is there anyone else that has an answer

Hard to say I'm leaning towards yes. Magic really didn't F with dude from jump. He's rubbed a lot of coaches the wrong way. I think if we actually lost this pick regardless he may have stayed. Getting Lonzo is really what pushed him out.

We were talking about this in the Laker thread earlier, it's my belief that he would be.

There is no doubt that he had some issues regarding maturity and what not, but it's hard to believe that he was so bad that they willingly shipped him off for the 27th pick and one year of Brook Lopez. IMO there's no way you can convince me that D'Lo w/o that Moz or deng deal is worth that little. If you really wanted him moved, you could have gotten a much better return, I think. At some point, maybe if Ball flourishes and D'lo's play and attitude continued to plummet he would have been moved, but not right now. He's 21 years old putting up 15/5/5 in his 2nd year.

At the very least that warrants a longer look. Like I told them in the thread earlier, that move was all about prioritizing winning, and winning in a big way, fast. They were / are trying to clear cap space to go after russ and bron next summer. To do that, they had to rid themselves of the Moz and deng deals and saw an opportunity to do so. They weren't taking those deals unless Ingram or D'Lo was attached, and as a result out goes D'Lo.

Last edited:
Hard to say I'm leaning towards yes. Magic really didn't F with dude from jump. He's rubbed a lot of coaches the wrong way. I think if we actually lost this pick regardless he may have stayed. Getting Lonzo is really what pushed him out.
Tough pill to take. I thought ball and ratsull would make an excellent offensive duo

We were talking about this in the Laker thread earlier, it's my belief that he would be.

There is no doubt that he had some issues regarding maturity and what not, but it's hard to believe that he was so bad that they willingly shipped him off for the 27th pick and one year of Brook Lopez. IMO there's no way you can convince me that D'Lo w/o that Moz or deng deal is worth that little. If you really wanted him moved, you could have gotten a much better return, I think. At some point, maybe if Ball flourishes and D'lo's play and attitude continued to plummet he would have been moved, but not right now. He's 21 years old putting up 15/5/5 in his 2nd year.

At the very least that warrants a longer look. Like I told them in the thread earlier, that move was all about prioritizing winning, and winning in a big way, fast. They were / are trying to clear cap space to go after russ and bron next summer. To do that, they had to rid themselves of the Moz and deng deals and saw an opportunity to do so. They weren't taking those deals unless Ingram or D'Lo was attached, and as a result out goes D'Lo.
Sad, just sad that the moz signing meant sacrificing ratsull

"Getting Lonzo"

roll.gif

Tough pill to take. I thought ball and ratsull would make an excellent offensive duo

Possibly, but dude was throwing shade the moment we got the pick so I don't know. Even without Moz and Deng, if the rest stays the same and the pursuit of PG13 is in play, he’s likely still moved anyway. I don't know if his value is that much higher though even without Mosgov, kid had a pretty bad rep according to reports league wide.

Sad, just sad that the moz signing meant sacrificing ratsull
I mean like I said, I don't believe that the Lakers were so put off by him that they were willing to just throw him away for a 27 and 1 year of Brook Lopez.

If they really wanted him gone, they would have sought out a better deal. Magic and co. have spoken in a positive light about possibly Ball and Russell playing together.

All about trying to rid themselves of Deng and Moz's deals, to free cap space and try for Lebron and Russ or somebody like that which is why I said we really don't know if the trade is good or not.

If the Lakers don't end up with Bron, or Russ, or Boogie or somebody then it's a terrible trade. If they do, it's awesome.

Gone regardless. Even if the Lakers didn't land a top three pick, the Lakers would've still dealt Russell. The prospects of "getting Lonzo" has no bearing on what the Lakers would do with Russell because first and foremost, Russell's lousy attitude rubbed the Lakers the wrong way from the start. It was just a matter of time til they found a taker for him in a package that would allow the Lakers to dump Moz or Deng's contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom