Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone in the thread been to drew league games? im trying to go this sunday, are the tickets free? trying to watch russ cp0 and harden play sunday at 6pm, how early should i pull up?

If the rumor that the Clippers are willing to give DeAndre and Beverley in exchange for Kyrie is true, then that is by far the best trade offer the Cavs have received. Even had that Bledsoe + Josh Jackson for Kyrie been true, this one is better. This would be a league-saving trade because unlike last year, there would be some legit hype around the finals. The Warriors would still be the favorites, no doubt, but not to an extent where everyone knows that the finals are over before they start, as was the case last season.

Mixed feels about pacers new jersey design. Love the concept but I feel the number is too big relative to the "Indiana pacers"

If the rumor that the Clippers are willing to give DeAndre and Beverley in exchange for Kyrie is true, then that is by far the best trade offer the Cavs have received. Even had that Bledsoe + Josh Jackson for Kyrie been true, this one is better. This would be a league-saving trade because unlike last year, there would be some legit hype around the finals. The Warriors would still be the favorites, no doubt, but not to an extent where everyone knows that the finals are over before they start, as was the case last season.
Lol wut? There was no hype around last years finals?

Also, how would deandre fit in with this team? They have Tristan Thompson already. What do you do WHEN lebron leaves. You gonna roll out Beverly JR smith Shumpert Love and Jordon?

Much rather have at least one future piece like josh Jackson who can turn superstar maybe

Lol wut? There was no hype around last years finals?

Also, how would deandre fit in with this team? They have Tristan Thompson already. What do you do WHEN lebron leaves. You gonna roll out Beverly JR smith Shumpert Love and Jordon?

Much rather have at least one future piece like josh Jackson who can turn superstar maybe

You seriously comparing Mr. Kardashian to DeAndre? The bum who averaged 5 points and 5 rebounds these last finals? DeAndre is like three times the defensive rebounder that he is. Let's see the Warriors grab all those offensive rebounds with DeAndre on the court instead of Kardashian. DeAndre is better at every aspect of the game other than free throw shooting. And Tristan sucks at that too, he shot under 50% from the line last season.

Not to mention the fact that they're already playing the 6'9 Tristan out of position at center. If he was prime Ben Wallace, it would work, but prime Ben Wallace he ain't.

On top of that they would be getting Beverley, who is like a poor man's point guard version of Draymond Green. They would improve ridiculously on defense. They would lose some firepower on offense, but offense would still be far from a problem.

If they want to try and win a championship, this is a no-brainer. If they want to think about life after LeBron, they can do that, but everyone who is sane knows that they're not sniffing a championship after LeBron leaves. It's not hard to build a mediocre team.

If they can flip kardashian for another playmaker it would be interesting and could tempt Lebby to stay. Dj and love seem like a good match, Lebby could be tempted to stay. Depends if Lebby and his agent green light the Thompson trade

Going west just doesn't seem like the move for Lebby, staying in the lEast where he can have reign makes more sense. If he left to an east team which is most likely?

Yea. I don't see how pat Beverly and deandre Jordan help them beat the warriors...what value do they bring to that series besides beverleys defense? Which prolly won't matter against GSWs historic shooting.... Deandre is nowhere.

It's an enigma... I get the benefit of adding two great defensive players....but against GSW I don't think they help much...

-------------------

Best Shaq song :pimp:

1) you notice how ultimately all the Cavs moves revolve around LeBron because he threatens to leave? Diva

2) if and when he leaves, do people stop cheering for Cavs?

You seriously comparing Mr. Kardashian to DeAndre? The bum who averaged 5 points and 5 rebounds these last finals? DeAndre is like three times the defensive rebounder that he is. Let's see the Warriors grab all those offensive rebounds with DeAndre on the court instead of Kardashian. DeAndre is better at every aspect of the game other than free throw shooting. And Tristan sucks at that too, he shot under 50% from the line last season.

Not to mention the fact that they're already playing the 6'9 Tristan out of position at center. If he was prime Ben Wallace, it would work, but prime Ben Wallace he ain't.

On top of that they would be getting Beverley, who is like a poor man's point guard version of Draymond Green. They would improve ridiculously on defense. They would lose some firepower on offense, but offense would still be far from a problem.

If they want to try and win a championship, this is a no-brainer. If they want to think about life after LeBron, they can do that, but everyone who is sane knows that they're not sniffing a championship after LeBron leaves. It's not hard to build a mediocre team.

I understand what you are saying in regards to rebounding and beverlys defense BUT you are completely forgetting that you are LOSING KYRIE. Don't let NT or espn make you forget how great he was in the last two playoff and final runs. A 1b to lebrons 1a perhaps (in the finals).

In regards to the future, You're still paying Tristan a gazillion dollars. Then you add deandre and love and JR and you're pretty much at the cap with those 4 lol. WIth no young player to look forward to (eg Josh jackson) and no wings. Trust me the cavs are done with this run. If lebron didn't have a no trade clause thy woulda taken the first decent offer for him. Writings all the wall

Last edited:
Yea. I don't see how pat Beverly and deandre Jordan help them beat the warriors...what value do they bring to that series besides beverleys defense? Which prolly won't matter against GSWs historic shooting.... Deandre is nowhere.

It's an enigma... I get the benefit of adding two great defensive players....but against GSW I don't think they help much...

Yeah, what possible value can a guy who is good for 14 rebounds and 2 blocks per game and alley-oop dunks anything you throw near the basket give them?

The Cavs and the Warriors actually shot the exact same percentage from behind the 3 point line these finals (.382). The Cavs were killed more by collapsed defenses that led to a pass to a completely uncontested layup/dunk, as well as not sufficiently contested drives to the basket than the Warriors' 3 pointers. Plus cheaply given offensive rebounds. DeAndre would help plenty in those areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom