Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
CWebb held his own with Duncan and KG while he was in Sacramento. Basically averaged 23/10/5 in his time there. Should've had a ring too if the refs didn't cheat the Kings out of it in 2002.
I had a bad motorcycle wreck in 2002 and was in the hospital doped up for that entire series.
I remember only getting out of my bed once per day for physical therapy which consisted of me being in a sitting position for an hour so I was put in a wheel chair and wheeled four doors down to my homies hospital bed/room where he wasn't allowed to get up at all, and we watched that series on enough Morophine on Codeiene to kill a horse, and we still knew the series was a sham.

Seems like yesterday.

a few nba talent has played for oakland soldiers in the past (bron, leon powe, kendrick, aaron gordon, billups)

Not sure if Tmac was ever better than Vince
You're mad wilding.
I remember TMacs first year out of Toronto and he and Vince faced off, Vince out a dinger in his face and tried to run his head.....man TMac smacked away his hand and proceeded to lay 15 straight points on Vince.

Whenever a person finds it blasphemous to hear that "kobe bryant was never the best player in the NBA," it's easy to determine that the person started watching NBA in 2009 or 2010. If you were watching NBA from 2005 on, you would read "kobe bryant was never the best player in the NBA" and understand that this is a valid statement, and proceed to keep it moving.

Maybe this will make more sense to you:

In 2025, if a person says "stephen curry was never the best player in the NBA," what the **** would be blasphemous about that? You know who would find it blasphemous? An emotional person who started watching NBA in 2015. Anybody with five operating senses who watched the last three Finals knows that the indisputable best player in the world is still LeBron James, and second is Kevin Durant. So again, the only person who will find the statement "stephen curry was never the best player in the NBA" blasphemous is an emotional person who started watching NBA in 2015. The people who have watched the NBA since 2010 wouldn't blink an eye at reading that statement because they know that LeBron been one and Durant been two since 2011.

Last edited:
I love Lebron but he had no post game and didn't have a reliable jumper from 06-09. He was not better than Kobe then. Only people that said that are people that wanna down play what Kobe did.

Downplay what kobe did?

Can someone make a list of how many talented 7-footers were in the league around 08-10? The Lakers had half of them.

Gasol (finesse with a J)
Bynum (power)
Odom (handles, decent shot, post game, passer)

Who else was there? Dirk, Yao, Garnett. Yao and Garnett had season-ending injuries in 09 and both never recovered. Who is left? Duncan?

Let's say you take Kyrie Irving right now and put him on a team with Joel Embiid, Kevin Durant and Kristaps Porzingis. Give them a great coach too. So now Kyrie Irving is the best player in the world?

Just watched the melo vs zion highlights. Melo has very good basketball instincts. Very sharp decision making skills. Zion got next. Boy got the gift.

kobe was best nba player 06-10 no doubt.

and he was as good as anyone in the game in 13. Made some of the biggest plays that year. Was killing everything.

Last edited:
kobe was best nba player 06-10 no doubt.

I believe that you believe that.

The reality is that Kobe Bryant was never widely recognized as hands down the best player in the game. The closest he got was probably his MVP 07-08.

and he was as good as anyone in the game in 13. Made some of the biggest plays that year. Was killing everything.

Yeah, no doubt he was every bit as good as the guy who was a troll vote away from a unanimous MVP and won the Ring-Finals MVP + 2nd in DPOY voting that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom