Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Retire at only 32 years old? Don't you think he's going to try to earn more purses as gatekeeper for guys like Mungaia still?

Trout needs to retire after Charlo no matter what the result is. He's getting passed around more than a collection plate.

The man got bills he gon fight until his late
30s guaranteed....
If that is the case, he should've budgeted his Canelo and Cotto paydays better. He probably didn't get filthy rich but it should've been enough to live comfortably. I do not know how commentating pays him but if he keeps fighting big punchers he won't be able to do it much longer.

Last edited:
He only got 240k for that Cotto fight
after taxes and fees Prbly less than 100K
I think that is the guaranteed purse. He should've made more on the backend. I would advise him to try his hand at coaching and continue commentating if he wants to keep his faculties.

Mungaia is looking like he could be a potential cash cow for a promoter down the line, theres rumors that he's supposedly going to sign with Golden Boy. I could see Trout fighting him in Texas or LA after the Charlo fight for another gatekeeper check

Mungaia is looking like he could be a potential cash cow for a promoter down the line, theres rumors that he's supposedly going to sign with Golden Boy. I could see Trout fighting him in Texas or LA after the Charlo fight for another gatekeeper check
He should get Liam Smith soon for obvious reasons.

Good fights tonight.

Hi-Tech :nthat:
Mungaia :nthat:

Like I said before no one under 140 is seeing Loma.......not unless Bud wants to prove a point. Jorge put up a damn good fight and even managed to drop Loma. Hoping one of these two mops up Mikey next.

I guess Mungaia is already signed with Zanfer Promotions but I imagine GBP got him for options to promote him in the US after this fight. Also looks like Mikey is fighting Easter next

Last edited:
Bud can’t make 140
Son is avoiding top competition at 147 as is

Let that bum face someone ranked and tested. Somrheing yet to be seen, i remember bud getting rocked by an inactive and overweight Gamboa lololololol

What if this guy could've actually held his own againt GGG? We'll never know.

NSAC did him a favor. Kid is still really raw.

He looked good tonight but Ali is a chinny 147. I know it's technically an upset but it should have been expected, kid is big and can bang.

Next Margarito, he's from TJ too :nthat:

Last edited:
I guess Mungaia is already signed with Zanfer Promotions but I imagine GBP got him for options to promote him in the US after this fight. Also looks like Mikey is fighting Easter next

Zanfer is essentially a MX subsidiary of TR (JMM, Salido, Margarito, Zurdo). He's TR if they want him most likely.

He's also trained by Robert Alcazar who was DLH's first trainer, and I'm not sure if there is bad blood there or not.

Last edited:
NSAC did him a favor. Kid is still really raw.

He looked good tonight but Ali is a chinny 147. I know it's technically an upset but it should have been expected, kid is big and can bang.

Next Margarito, he's from TJ too :nthat:
I highly doubt he could beat GGG, but we never know. What if he could put up a decent fight and get a moral victory? Anyway, I'm sure he's not complaining about going home with heavier luggage after last night.

Lomachenko getting knocked down is the best thing that could have happened to him last night. The kids talent is unreal but the faster he moves up in weight and faces top talent, the less he'll seem matrix like. Bigger guys will eat those shots better and and have better timing on their shots. Personally I think he should wait a few more fights before jumping to 140.

A middleweight would've gone down the same way if Linares hit him with the same shot. It was timed perfectly. Lomachenko got back up, believed in his abilities, and fought composed the rest of the fight.

Don't you think if lets say a Mikey Garcia or AB or Tank caught Loma with that same shot Linares did Loma would've been seriously hurt?

Don't you think if lets say a Mikey Garcia or AB or Tank caught Loma with that same shot Linares did Loma would've been seriously hurt?
Garcia, if he was in Linares' shoe should know how to follow up better. At the end of the day, a perfect shot is a perfect shot. Anyone can get caught. Roman Martinez knocked down Mikey Garcia, and Mikey Garcia found a way to win.

Was very impressed with Linares. Made Loma look human at the surface but when you actually look at what he’s done, I t’s incredible. To win a title in a third weight class in 12 fights is pretty ridiculous.

The horrid Salido fight notwithstanding (that fight should have never even took place, he didn’t even seriously attempt to make weight, came into ring a welterweight, repeatedly fouled... and still should have lost), this was the first “blemish” as a pro. Think about that. He knocked out a champ in his first fight at 135 and because he got dropped by a clean, hard straight right (loved his pimp ODLH getting wet over it... do cheerleaders ever wear fishnets or stockings only?), people are doubting him. Crazy, huh?

Back
Top Bottom