Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Welp Manny's legs did look a lot better. The angles, and the speed in and out looked a lot better then it did against Horn.

Was that Verdejo sitting ringside while Teofimo was clowning him? :lol:

Teofimo building his name with the fortnite love 2x.
Is Pacman gonna pass the torch to Loma next?

I took a few shots at sparing as a teenager. An uppercut like that can have you dizzy without completely knocking you out. That **** is scary. I remember taking a clean uppercut(with a facemask), leaned back on the corner, and put my hand over my the back of my head while looking down. It felt like someone hit a giant bell right next to my head. My family thought I felt embarrassed or ashamed so they keep telling me "it's OK..". In reality I was just trying to have the "brain fog/daze stop". Not trying to make excuses or anything, but I think that's what happened Matthysse.

I took a few shots at sparing as a teenager. An uppercut like that can have you dizzy without completely knocking you out. That **** is scary. I remember taking a clean uppercut(with a facemask), leaned back on the corner, and put my hand over my the back of my head while looking down. It felt like someone hit a giant bell right next to my head. My family thought I felt embarrassed or ashamed so they keep telling me "it's OK..". In reality I was just trying to have the "brain fog/daze stop". Not trying to make excuses or anything, but I think that's what happened Matthysse.
This. The punch hurts more than it looks. That's not to say the fight could not have been fixed, that is also possible.

Glad Manny is back . I think his goal is to capture the 3 welterweight titles. I think he can beat Crawford and Thurman but spence will be the challange of the 3. If he pulls this out maybe just maybe there's a chance he gets floyd one more time

Glad Manny is back . I think his goal is to capture the 3 welterweight titles. I think he can beat Crawford and Thurman but spence will be the challange of the 3. If he pulls this out maybe just maybe there's a chance he gets floyd one more time

Your an idiot. You must be Philippino to believe that nonsense. He wouldn’t last 5 rounds today against anybody you named.

I think Pac should stay away from the very top guys (Bud, Spence) at this stage in his career. .If he's seeking one last huge payday, I think Amir Khan could give him that. Depending on Khan's speed, it could be winnable for Pac and a nice exit from the sport. Oh and have it done at Wembley Stadium since he's on a world tour nowadays, which is actually pretty cool.

I think Pac should stay away from the very top guys (Bud, Spence) at this stage in his career. .If he's seeking one last huge payday, I think Amir Khan could give him that. Depending on Khan's speed, it could be winnable for Pac and a nice exit from the sport. Oh and have it done at Wembley Stadium since he's on a world tour nowadays, which is actually pretty cool.

This! Unless Arum wants to try and push Bud as the new face of the sport, he’s gonna try his hardest to milk out every last easy dime he can from manny. Once the money slows down or he increasingly declines he’ll be the sacrificial lamb for Bud.

This! Unless Arum wants to try and push Bud as the new face of the sport, he’s gonna try his hardest to milk out every last easy dime he can from manny. Once the money slows down or he increasingly declines he’ll be the sacrificial lamb for Bud.
From what I understand, Pacquiao is no longer under contract with Top Rank. I am a bit confused because Top Rank aired the fight last night. Maybe someone here is more privy to what is going on.

Uncle Bob has been trying to make Pac vs Crawford for a few years now. Pac pretty much refused, that’s why Pac got “robbed” against Horn. So Bud could move up and take that belt. I would be shocked if that fight ends up happening. & UnicornHunter is caught up in the moment. :lol: It happens. Pac looked good, but he was supposed to because Matthysse beyond washed.

:lol:

679988346_tp.jpg

Last edited:
That was the most fixed fight I've seen in a minute LMAO

QFT

Matthysse was at no point actually hurt. I guess manny looked good but Mattyssse just stood there...he was barely throwing anything and just standing in from of manny leaning into every punch. I am a manny fan and thought he beat Horn and never lost to Bradley but that fight was almost laughable after the second knockdown.

It’s tough in here today lol but imo I don’t think it was much of a fix but more of the orbital bone in Lucas eye, he seemed to be bothered by it and therefore the last 2 knockdowns looked weak but it was due to his eye. Second knockdown when he goes to the corner he touches his eye and the last which was the ko he may have touched him again with that flurry causing him to go down again and calling quits. He doesn’t have the crazy heart and don’t care mentality like margarito

Matthysse clearly showed signs of being shot in his previous fight against Tewa Kiram, he lost every round until the knockout. Ironically, I think that fight was more likely fixed than last night's.

If we look at his fighting history the fight that he was winning against dsg went down the drain when the eye got touched, and when he lost to postol also eye issue and that’s what it looked to me last night

If we look at his fighting history the fight that he was winning against dsg went down the drain when the eye got touched, and when he lost to postol also eye issue and that’s what it looked to me last night
A broken jaw or eye injury is the worst, boxers are never the same after that. It's actually better to get KTFO with one punch or even sustained punishment.

Back
Top Bottom