OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didn't Leach lock concussed players in closets??? Cant rock with that but the dude is funny... NakoXL, all fan bases of good programs are unbearable after a loss... Seemed like the OL couldn't stay on the field and outside of Jones long run, did the O make any plays??? I feel asleep and missed 90% of the game

USC coaching staff gives me headaches. They don't believe in halftime adjustments whatsoever. As long as Clancy is our D. Coordinator we'll forever be mediocre in the secondary and Tee, don't get me started on our boring offense. Darnold looking real interesting now that theirs a good amount of tape on him and his tendencies

So I only caught the 4th quarter.

What’s the honest breakdown from the game? I see everyone blaming Tee, which seems normal.
First off, I want to say wazzu was lights out on defense. Why? Was it because they finally have a nice defense? Not really. Aside from the huge run jones had, there was nowhere to go. Not having Loba and then Edoga made it rough.

Tee makes so many questionable calls. He doesn't respect the opponents, in my opinion. Watching this game, I took solace in feeling like he just might still be around for another year.

Injuries though, plain and simple. The first 4 games took their toll. I didn't even realize Greene and iosefa ran into each other pregame and were held out for concussion protocol.

Sam cost himself some money. Ain't no chance he's the #1 pick.

I don't even want to get started with Iman (he no longer can be called Biggie). He's really bad Nako. Like barely above average. Stunned if he leaves. The NFL will try to convert him to safety. Just watch.

Ending this on Helton. I've been wondering what his role was as a head coach. What is it?

From what I can tell, Helton is good at breaking down film with the coaches and pointing out the (sometimes obvious) things that need to be worked on: rotate more players, run the ball more, run 3-4 instead of 2-4-5.

The offensive system is his (a hybrid of the sarkiffin offense and the WKU passing game) as is the defense (the 3-4 with a lot of nickel that’s been run since 2013.) He’s also good with the players, family, and boosters.

It sounds like he’s mostly hands off in games though aside from talking to and calming players down after plays and deciding to go for it in 4th or go for 2. Which infuriates me.

I’ve also heard he’s the best recruiting closer on staff.

fsc31z9kj9oi8wu8xzpi.jpg

3e3f086262ca10e7469af7576c84fdaf.png

It's a penalty if you tackle a guy without a helmet?
C'mon man.

I figured it would be an offsetting penalty, did the offensive lineman rip his helmet off? Bad thing is he didn't even need to continue the play, the other lineman had the QB wrapped up.

That Vandy QB ain't afraid to sling it :pimp:

From what I can tell, Helton is good at breaking down film with the coaches and pointing out the (sometimes obvious) things that need to be worked on: rotate more players, run the ball more, run 3-4 instead of 2-4-5.

The offensive system is his (a hybrid of the sarkiffin offense and the WKU passing game) as is the defense (the 3-4 with a lot of nickel that’s been run since 2013.) He’s also good with the players, family, and boosters.

It sounds like he’s mostly hands off in games though aside from talking to and calming players down after plays and deciding to go for it in 4th or go for 2. Which infuriates me.

You'd be asking a lot more of your edge guys in coverage then, especially in the PAC 12. A 4 man front 3-3-5 with a S type at nickel (i.e. Bama) is probably more of an answer.

It ain't 1996 no more.

I figured it would be an offsetting penalty, did the offensive lineman rip his helmet off? Bad thing is he didn't even need to continue the play, the other lineman had the QB wrapped up.

That Vandy QB ain't afraid to sling it :pimp:

I couldn't tell from the angle but it looked like it got ripped off.
I understand player safety but that's weak.
& Shurmur is letting is fly today. After last weeks showing, Vandy is showing some heart out here.

I’m going to put last night’ loss on the shoulders of the entire coaching staff. Clancy’s secondary has never been good during his time at SC. Furthermore, USC knew it was going to have a grueling schedule without a bye and still refused to prepare to rotate players to minimize potential injury and we see what the result has been.

Offensively Tee Martin’s play calling was horrendous. Terrible redzone calls. Running the same read option play for RoJo and Carr that kept getting stuffed over the past several weeks. Only success is when Sam kept it. Are there no wrinkles he can add out of that look to keep a defense off balance. Additionally, a back shoulder fade to a true freshmen tight end who has done nothing in a game to warrant that call was head scratching. The attempted flee flicker after the interception was mind boggling. I understand trying to take a shot after a turnover but why the truck play? How about play action off of some of the run action you constant call? WSU Defense was flying up field and no screen passes to make them pay for their aggression. That’s a simple adjustment . Lastly, the run call on the third and long late in the 4th was just a bad call.

As for Helton, he’s the head coach. USC has been trending this way all season and he failed make the proper adjustments and prepare his team.

Finally, Darnold looks like he’s lost all confidence in his ability to read coverage and see what the defense is doing. Scared to pull the trigger and when he does it’s a bad throw or a pick or a ball that should be. Tee hasn’t done a good job coaching up these receivers either, most which are four and five star guys.

UFs freshman corners getting torched all day.

Tyree Cleveland rolled his ankle too. Offense has actually been decent today.

Onto LSU @suberzat1 We coming for you ninja!

The DBs just gotta turn their heads they're in good position. Linebackers are awful though. Lost all day.

Back
Top Bottom