OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sounds like Nick Starkel and Donovan Wilson are done for the year for A&M...

Guess we'll find out just how ugly life with Kellen Mond will be.

In a potentially paradigm-shifting proposal, the NCAA members may vote to allow all Division-I transfers to be eligible to play immediately. The only potential restrictions are that student-athletes would be asked to meet a minimum GPA, in order to transfer immediately, and that any additional transfer would require the student-athletes to sit out a full year. The proposal, which is being solicited among members for feedback, is gaining increased traction in recent weeks, a source confirms.

Within recent weeks, it has become more clear that the latter option of immediate eligibility for transfers who achieve a minimum GPA is the one gaining traction amongst members. The proposal must be completed by Nov. 1. The members of the Transfer Working Group will continue to seek feedback from fellow coaches, directors, commissioners and student-athletes in the days ahead, but it is becoming more likely that the proposal will be voted upon next April with the possibility of this going into effect as early as the 2018-19 calendar. The uniformity of applying the same rules across all sports would potentially streamline the transfer process.

The lamest was when they did Baker Mayfield dirty and he was damn walk-on. Fine like between rules and common sense.

That said, some of NCAA rules are completely asinine.

They were robbed against tOSU in my humble opinion.

Wonder what Larry Coker is doing these days

And should've played OU the year before they won. Instead FSU went and left their offense at home. Think if FSU won they would've split the title with MIA. Not a fan of that but that should have been miami's spot to begin with.

And should've played OU the year before they won. Instead FSU went and left their offense at home. Think if FSU won they would've split the title with MIA. Not a fan of that but that should have been miami's spot to begin with.

Don't remind me about the Orange Bowl, that hurt as an FSU fan. Plus Snoop Minnis dumb a** didnt help either. The UT NC game hurt to watch, too. We had to watch Marcus Outzen fill in for Weinke ... Regardless, I won't debate whether the Hurricanes should have been there or not, because they certainly deserved to be.

Sucks they dropped one to the Huskies in that 2nd game. Still remember watching Sports Center the night it was played and being like WTF. In any case, it's no consolation for a missed NC opportunity, but the way they beat the brakes off of them in Miami the following season must have been satisfying. Probably the worst drubbing I can recall.

In any case, early/mid '80s to early '00s was an awesome time for whatever college team you rooted for in Florida during those days.

Miami didn't deserve that Orange bowl spot. Washington did. They probably would have won it as well

G5 and non-FBS schools are going to flip out about being raided from the top with this proposal.

They'll probably allow guys to leave when their HC leaves, and maybe allow P5 guys to transfer down to the G5 without sitting out a year, but I doubt the new transfer rules will end up being as liberal as what is being proposed.

Back
Top Bottom