Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
5-2 HOPEFULLY going into the break puts us at 47-47..which is huge considering we were 13 gms under. That would require 2of3 in az and 3 of 4 vs col..crosses fingers*.

.500 would absolutely be a morale booster heading into the break, but given how the division has shaped up at this point for you guys I wouldn't be too worried about it. Take it from a fan of a team whose late starts were an annual thing, there's a ton of baseball to go.

Wtf man. .how do u go from "I feel great" and "day to day" and "kemp to return in az" to DL.....smdh..this tm cant catch a break..meanwhile, crawford has been painful to watch.

Kemp was really starting to get his confidence back...back-to-back games with homers following the end of that game with the "almost homer".

Man, it's always something with Kemp. Rihanna messing with his head, hamstring problems, shoulder problems, etc. :smh: I want to see 2011 KeMVP again, he was my favorite player in baseball at the time. At least Puig isn't fooling around for ya'll, he's the most exciting player in the game.

I feel bad for carl. I know he wants to prove he belongs with the surplus of OFers. With matt out, his production from the leadoff spot is critical, esp when the lineup turns over.

Lost in all this has been the steady production of dre.Hitting over .300 since puig inserted. Filling in admirably in cf for matt (uzr THAT). Would I still sit him vs a tough lefty in favor of svs??? Absolutely. Lol

Lost in all this has been the steady production of dre.Hitting over .300 since puig inserted. Filling in admirably in cf for matt (uzr THAT). Would I still sit him vs a tough lefty in favor of svs??? Absolutely. Lol

word. im a dre fan, even if he cant hit lefties and goes into long slumps :lol: . hes really been picking up his hitting lately after the early slump and with all the position madness having to play in CF or LF. just need him to start hitting homers again lol

Yes, the powers been awol. I have a theory (no, not hgh)..hes shortened his swing dramatically and also chokes up..has been ever since the pinky injury. I still remember his inside-out 2 handed swing from 06-07. I always thought dre was a 20-25 hr guy..on pace for like 10.

Ya his first couple of years he def looked like a consistent 20-25 guy but now he's lucky to get double digits

Sometimes you guys have to look beyond the diamond, these moves were made to benefit the team and add depth during a critical 7-game stretch. Kemps move is retroactive from Saturday. He'll be back after the all star break. Fife being put on the DL is to get bullpen help since they won't need Fife to start until after the all star break, he'll miss one start. Be happy that the front office has been pro active unlike a month ago when they had a lot of "day to day" injuries and left the bench thin as hell.

Last edited:
True..but atypical. Gms getting more agressive (and desperate) as the season progresses and the deadline approaches.

Speaking of....the dodgers are going hard after garza. The cubs, allegedely, are asking for the moon. Joc, lee and urias. They can kiss off with that.

Ya if they want that package then they can go screw themselves, Ned better not cripple the system for just one guy

Dodgers going "hard" for Garza is a bit of an overstatement. They are kicking the tires, but don't feel the "need" to get him. Certainly not enough need to give up any pitching prospect of value. Pederson is expendable due to the glut of OF'ers. Theo is overplaying his hand, the worst thing to happen to Garza's value was the Dodgers getting Nolasco. Hence, the extension talk between the Cubs and Garza, that not a lot of teams are buying and see it as a ploy to get a bigger return.

Theo wants to stack the system, and Garza is his biggest chip. Unfortunately for him, the highest roller is probably out.

Just to add, giving up that type of package for a "rental" is absurd. Garza will be seeking Anibal Sanchez money (5 yr/$80 million), will probably get a solid 3-4 year deal in the $50-$65 range. If Nolasco does well, no doubt he gets re-signed.

Your looking at 2014 rotation of:

1) Kershaw 2) Greinke 3) Ryu 4) Nolasco 5) Billingsley

Last edited:
Well, if thats the case theyve been kickin tires for weeks and have been scouting the hell outta him recently. Joc is def expendable, but with lee and urias..nah..id do joc and chris reed and he aint or shouldn't get anibal money..lmao. Billingsley money-3/33 or so.

Personally, id rather persue M.A.G. and preserve prospects. Unproven 26 yr old international signing for about 60 mill>> 30 yr old rental wholl demand more in FA and cost a boatload in prospects

The Dodgers apparently did not want to pay the prospect cost for the Cubs’ Matt Garza, according to Jim Bowden of ESPN.
Dodgers not interested in prospect cost for Matt Garza at this time..Nolasco more realistic..Dodgers being aggressive in several trade talks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom