Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Punto was getting interviewed after the game and said Angel fans are becoming Dodger fans.

The way you typed it out and the emoticon used inferred that Arte was the one that fired shots.

Not shocked, Angel fan base is a fickle bunch, :lol:

Just glad the season turned around the way it did, contemplating going up for the Giants series. The July series, the trip fell through. Had friends that went and they said they got all kinds of **** since the team was in last place at that point. My , how the tide has turned, :lol:

Hasn't Mark Ellis been a reliable glove? I wouldn't necessarily say he's in decline on defense, just my opinion though. I do agree there's a great chance Ethier gets traded, but what if it's Kemp? If they can get a decent package for him maybe they cut their ties now with fear that he'll never be the same.

Unless there are other viable options out there (which I haven't really looked into yet), I would be ok with signing Uribe to a one year deal, maybe $3 million. He seems to perform well in contract years :lol: :smh:

Hasn't Mark Ellis been a reliable glove? I wouldn't necessarily say he's in decline on defense, just my opinion though. I do agree there's a great chance Ethier gets traded, but what if it's Kemp? If they can get a decent package for him maybe they cut their ties now with fear that he'll never be the same.

Unless there are other viable options out there (which I haven't really looked into yet), I would be ok with signing Uribe to a one year deal, maybe $3 million. He seems to perform well in contract years :lol: :smh:

Ellis is declining defensively, with the naked eye and using advanced defensive metrics (still above average). He's also prone to miss time with injury, played 110 games in 2012 and will probably play 110-120 this season. His bat isn't what it used to be and he isn't getting any younger.

There is no reason to hold on to Ethier, he is basically a platoon player and can benefit immensely by playing in a hitter friendly park. I still think it would be foolish to trade Kemp. Ethier is on the wrong side of 30, Kemp isn't. Kemp's lack of production has been due to injury, Ethier's is due to the decline in skills and age.

I hope they don't re-sign Uribe, it's just a bad idea, even on a one year deal. He is the epitome of "winning cures all". Everyone hated Uribe coming into the season, seems a lot of folks have done a complete 180. Helped that Luis Cruz, another underwhelming fan favorite, completely bombed his one shot to permanently win the 3b gig.

I agree on all roster assessments except as I said before, id take uribe back on a 1 yr deal as a utility player.

Id think twice about dealing dre and look more into crawford unless u can get a.guerrero(sacraficing power)..I know..I know..contract...but I think the teams better with an OF of dre..kemp...and puig.

as for for rotation. . have 3 spots locked(zack,kersh,ryu)..then u have beckett under contract....and the last spot for either billz or nolasco...thanx for the memories, chad. If u can miraclulously unload beckett, u can bring back billz(his deal was 3/30, correct??)

The bench does need to improve...if n u keep dre..have svs to spell dre or gonzo..and uribe as utility. ..fedex... other scrappy, slap hitting utility guy and an olmedo saenz type fiest of famine type...pen is set..never thought id say it.

^Do you have names for replacements at second and third?

FA market is non-existent. Basically Robinson Cano and nothing else.

If help comes in those positions it will probably be via trade.

as for for rotation. . have 3 spots locked(zack,kersh,ryu)..then u have beckett under contract....and the last spot for either billz or nolasco...thanx for the memories, chad. If u can miraclulously unload beckett, u can bring back billz(his deal was 3/30, correct??)

Safe to say that all spots are "locked" if Nolasco is re-signed. You go into the season with Kershaw, Nolasco, Greinke, Ryu as your 1-4. Then you have Beckett, Billingsley and Fife as your "5". Not due to performance but because they are all (*except Fife) in the last year of their somewhat massive deals. No one is going to take Beckett, considering his injury history and him hinting at retirement. No one is going to take a chance at Bills coming off of elbow surgery. They will be a part of the roster on Opening Day 2014, worst case scenario, they get DFA'd like Ted Lilly.

Id think twice about dealing dre and look more into crawford unless u can get a.guerrero(sacraficing power)..I know..I know..contract...but I think the teams better with an OF of dre..kemp...and puig.

There is value in being a legit leadoff hitter, do you want to see Dee Gordon at the top of the lineup? Moving Ethier makes the most sense.

The bench does need to improve...if n u keep dre..have svs to spell dre or gonzo..and uribe as utility. ..fedex... other scrappy, slap hitting utility guy and an olmedo saenz type fiest of famine type...pen is set..never thought id say it.

Dre will not be a $15.5 million bench player. Van Slyke will go into camp with a legit shot at being the power bat off the bench, and spelling Gonzo along with the corner outfielders. Uribe shouldn't be in the fold, but with Colletti's history I wouldn't doubt him getting a 1 or *gasp* 2 year deal. Federowicz will be the backup catcher. Finding scrappy players isn't difficult, those guys do grow on trees.

Great win last night...should be able to keep it rollin with the boy Clayton on the mound tonight :pimp:

Iron man...what if...hypothetically...they get guerrero at the 7/36ish type deal or whatever...I think that changes th3 complexion of the roster and satisfies one..if not 2 needs.

At least its not an injury. Currently working..anyone shed some light?? Loafing? Man, the medias gonna be all over this. And tomorrows an off day with no travel.

He's not prepared in RF after every pitch?

Mattingly says it wasnt him not sliding on that DP nor is how he catches balls all non-chalantly, but pretty much he wasnt prepared out there? Whatever that means, the team got the win. I hate how this is taking away the gem pretty ricky pitched.

Hes been pretty solid his last couple games.

The way you typed it out and the emoticon used inferred that Arte was the one that fired shots.

Not shocked, Angel fan base is a fickle bunch, :lol:

Just glad the season turned around the way it did, contemplating going up for the Giants series. The July series, the trip fell through. Had friends that went and they said they got all kinds of **** since the team was in last place at that point. My , how the tide has turned, :lol:

I'm an Angels fan but sometimes I can't stand our fan base.

Dont mind the move...there was a spot open on the 40-man..I know hes not the 2008 volquez, but hes younger than cap and has a better track record. Wonder if hell literally start sat for cap against the team that just requested release waivers on him. His last 2 months worth of starts, though, have been putrid.so i guess its justifiable. Change of scenery, hopefully.

2013 Volquez is not an improvement over Capuano, unfortunately. Don't mind the stockpiling of arms and hopefully they can get something out of Volquez in 2014. However expecting consistency is a little much for Volquez.

Guerrero would definitely push Ellis out the door and he'll be given every chance to win the 2b job in 2014.

Cap could stay as 5th starter and Volquez would be the 6th giving everyone an extra day off.

Thats what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom