Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s only one game, and teams have come back to win a playoff series after looking like absolute crap before.

But this team over multiple playoff trips the last decade or so hasn’t done much to deserve that benefit of the doubt. When these dudes face adversity in October, they’ve folded and gone down without any type of fight way too often. It’s one thing to get caught slipping in the playoffs once or twice. But these dudes stay taking L’s to teams they have no business losing to in October.

I won’t write the entire series off and say it’s over from one horrible game. But they also don’t deserve any type of benefit of the doubt either until they change some of the warranted narratives about their October track record.

We’re basically baseballs’s version of the Buffalo Bills with a Covid ring smh.
How can you say that when you know the team was shafted in 2017? The team has disappointed like crazy, but for the constant criticism of failing in the post season, I’ve always thought it was funny that 2020 is used against LA when the post season that year was the same as it would’ve been any other year (harder actually). The Dodgers would’ve been in anyways, and beat teams that shared the same fates.

I’m obviously bad luck ,
I won’t go back
IMG_8624.jpeg
71841878470__69AFEA14-B0F3-4294-AB0A-BDA8FF748CEF.jpeg
IMG_8627.jpeg

How can you say that when you know the team was shafted in 2017? The team has disappointed like crazy, but for the constant criticism of failing in the post season, I’ve always thought it was funny that 2020 is used against LA when the post season that year was the same as it would’ve been any other year (harder actually). The Dodgers would’ve been in anyways, and beat teams that shared the same fates.

In my opinion, 2020 was the worst possible year for them to win their first World Series as a unit. Had they won in 2017, 2018 or 2019 and followed that up with 2020. I don’t think anyone would be saying anything. If they win another one with guys who are holdovers from 2020, it puts that talking point to bed. All these other teams who won shortened titles in other sports, they won multiple titles as a unit, so you really don’t hear much since the shortened season title just gets grouped in with all the other titles they won.

I was at the clinching game in 2020. One of the coolest games I’ve ever been to in any sport. But they need to win another one so they can get the full championship experience they didn’t get in 2020. Getting that 3rd out in front of a packed house, getting their parade, and having a full stadium to hang the banner opening day the following season.

As for this current playoff series and this October in general. We’re going to see what this team is really all about over these next few days. Guys are either going to step up and rise to the occasion and show some fight, or they’re going to go out weak to where the organization really needs to do some self reflection this offseason.

Not really too worried about the game 1 debacle. It looks bad, but a loss is a loss regardless if it’s 11-2 or 2-1. It counts the same either way. Get the crappy, playoff jitters, wet the bed performance out the way and bounce back strong.

The 104-win Braves lost their first game too. Feel like it’s not that unusual for the wild card winning teams to steal game one of the DS. We allowed it to happen to us in extra embarrassing fashion, but like others have said it’s still just one loss in a 5 game series.

We’ll see what tonight looks like.

In my opinion, 2020 was the worst possible year for them to win their first World Series as a unit. Had they won in 2017, 2018 or 2019 and followed that up with 2020. I don’t think anyone would be saying anything. If they win another one with guys who are holdovers from 2020, it puts that talking point to bed. All these other teams who won shortened titles in other sports, they won multiple titles as a unit, so you really don’t hear much since the shortened season title just gets grouped in with all the other titles they won.

I was at the clinching game in 2020. One of the coolest games I’ve ever been to in any sport. But they need to win another one so they can get the full championship experience they didn’t get in 2020. Getting that 3rd out in front of a packed house, getting their parade, and having a full stadium to hang the banner opening day the following season.

As for this current playoff series and this October in general. We’re going to see what this team is really all about over these next few days. Guys are either going to step up and rise to the occasion and show some fight, or they’re going to go out weak to where the organization really needs to do some self reflection this offseason.

Not really too worried about the game 1 debacle. It looks bad, but a loss is a loss regardless if it’s 11-2 or 2-1. It counts the same either way. Get the crappy, playoff jitters, wet the bed performance out the way and bounce back strong.
Yeah my thing is fans of other teams will conveniently forget about ‘17 to hate on the Dodgers, they went 7 against a cheating Astros that included some crazy extra inning games lol!

Still think the fellas can bounce back and beat the D Backs but it’s not looking pretty moving forward. Kershaw just had to be decent to give the bats a chance, hoping Bobby shoves and they have a plan for Pepiot with creative pen usage behind him.

Yeah my thing is fans of other teams will conveniently forget about ‘17 to hate on the Dodgers, they went 7 against a cheating Astros that included some crazy extra inning games lol!

Still think the fellas can bounce back and beat the D Backs but it’s not looking pretty moving forward. Kershaw just had to be decent to give the bats a chance, hoping Bobby shoves and they have a plan for Pepiot with creative pen usage behind him.

So personally I think the Astors 2017 title should’ve been stripped to set precedent. The Yankees got a legit gripe given they lost all 4 games in Houston that ALCS. Various pitchers throughout that 2017 season have a legit gripe as well given all that trash can bs directly negatively impacted them.

But I swear the 2017 World Series drives me nuts because the Dodgers should’ve won that series regardless. They did themselves no favors that series. Blowing a 9th inning game 2 lead with a chance to go up 2-0 in the series and take full control going to Houston.

The bats collectively laying an egg at home in game 7 against beatable pitching. Even down 5-0 in the 2nd inning. That’s not some insurmountable lead. Houston didn’t score again the rest of the game. They were getting runners on base early in the game too but failing to drive them home. It just doesn’t sit well with me that the Astros won 2 games in LA that series.

Downtown was so lively Halloween night after game 6. Especially after getting to Verlander later in the game. I was absolutely certain they were going to win game 7. Annoys me thinking back at it.

But for this October. It’s really going to be on some of the younger pitchers to shine. Every October there’s guys who no one heard of unless you’re a fan of that team who seem to come out of nowhere and produce on that stage. Guys Pepiot and Sheehan need to be those guys. If Kershaw gets the ball again, I’m confident he bounces back strong. But other guys are going to have to carry the load. The bats need to step up with some clutch hitting when it matters most too.

Have to make Gallen work, he’s had bad outings recently so don’t give him a break later.

Pitching ain’t it this season. We were doomed when we decided to be cheap in the off-season when it came to pitching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom