Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
5387496921001_5450525020001_5450522912001-vs.jpg
This is unacceptable.

This seems like an overreaction. Look at his numbers for the 2016-17 season when he was actually surrounded by some decent talent and he didn't necessarily have to be THE guy. 18 and 6 on 45/34/86 in the regular season, and then jumped to 25 and 8 on 46/43/84 in the playoffs.
So you think he can start? I’m not depending on him for anything, Atlanta basically gave him away

I’ll much rather have an excessively low expectation of him than anything else. He can soak up some backup point minutes, other than that it’ll be a bonus

So you think he can start? I’m not depending on him for anything, Atlanta basically gave him away

I’ll much rather have an excessively low expectation of him than anything else. He can soak up some backup point minutes, other than that it’ll be a bonus

Atlanta gave up him cause because he’s a terrible locker room guy, not because he can’t play.

There are a lot of variables here, mostly because I don't really trust Russ playing with anybody, but I feel like you're severely undervaluing him. He basically went toe-to-toe with John Wall at the peak of his powers and held his own in that playoff series 2 years ago. He could be a bit of a headcase, which is probably why the new Hawks regime didn't want him around their new guys, but I absolutely think he's a gamer.

No reason why he shouldn't be able to start in OKC. Start Russ/Dennis/BGH/Roberson/Adams and then make sure one of Russ and Dennis is on the floor at all times.

There are a lot of variables here, mostly because I don't really trust Russ playing with anybody, but I feel like you're severely undervaluing him. He basically went toe-to-toe with John Wall at the peak of his powers and held his own in that playoff series 2 years ago. He could be a bit of a headcase, which is probably why the new Hawks regime didn't want him around their new guys, but I absolutely think he's a gamer.

No reason why he shouldn't be able to start in OKC. Start Russ/Dennis/BGH/Roberson/Adams and then make sure one of Russ and Dennis is on the floor at all times.

The spacing would be atrocious in that lineup.

That’s way too much. I’m not sure I’d trade Rozier for Jackson straight up right now
I basically feel like Jackson is Rozier in a 6'8" body. Build around him, Jaylen, and Tatum.

I've always been (perhaps irrationally) high on Jackson though.

He can’t catch and shoot which is what is needed to start and close games. He can’t defend. Playing off ball is anything but a sure bet

Their bench was atrocious last season so denis should be able to instantly improve that

His year where he made Teague expendable was nice, I’m not sold on what exactly he is or can become based off that

I’m sold on okc to be a top 4 seed even without a major contribution from denis . Long as he’s slightly better than Felton and whoever else they had off the bench the past two years it’ll be enough

He can’t catch and shoot which is what is needed to start and close games. He can’t defend. Playing off ball is anything but a sure bet

Their bench was atrocious last season so denis should be able to instantly improve that

His year where he made Teague expendable was nice, I’m not sold on what exactly he is or can become based off that

I’m sold on okc to be a top 4 seed even without a major contribution from denis . Long as he’s slightly better than Felton and whoever else they had off the bench the past two years it’ll be enough
Ray Felton isn't remotely as good as Dennis.

I guess we just value him completely differently. Agree to disagree.

Ray Felton isn't remotely as good as Dennis.

I guess we just value him completely differently. Agree to disagree.
Huh? I didn’t say Felton was better than denis

I said I don’t expect denis starting to be a sure bet to be a positive because of the catch and shoot and the defense

I basically feel like Jackson is Rozier in a 6'8" body. Build around him, Jaylen, and Tatum.

I've always been (perhaps irrationally) high on Jackson though.

Not denying Jackson is a good prospect but I don’t want to mess with the current core right now. Think rozier will be more of contributor and bring more to the table than Jackson to a contender right now.

Also with Kyrie’s injury concerns/uncertainty next summer I don’t want to jump the gun and trade Rozier.

Think they should play out this season with the team as-is

Huh? I didn’t say Felton was better than denis

I said I don’t expect denis starting to be a sure bet to be a positive because of the catch and shoot and the defense
I was commenting off you saying all he has to do is be slightly better than Felton, which should obviously be doable since he is a SIGNIFICANTLY better player.

I was commenting off you saying all he has to do is be slightly better than Felton, which should obviously be doable since he is a SIGNIFICANTLY better player.
That was in reference to my overall outlook of their season and being a 4th seed

Again like I told bsox, I’m not sold on what he is or can be based off that one season
So you're basically only forming your opinion off last year then? When he was the team's clear cut #1 option, which won't remotely be his role in OKC.

So you're basically only forming your opinion off last year then?
Uh no, I’m looking his entire career arc, his skill set and his fit with okc’s core

They are in dire need of bench production which he has no excuse not to provide now that he has help with staggered lineups

Closing games or starting would be a bonus imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom