Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumors that the Pacers are going after Aaron Gordon, 4 years $80 mil.

I haven't watched enough to make a judgment (both of Pacers and Gordon). Is this a good look?

Wait, are you suggesting your life expectancy is only 25 more years? Or you're saying spread $25 million throughout your life?

Take the lump sum now and put it to work while the value is still high. Over time value depreciates. C'mon man. Think logically here.

I'm saying a billion divided by 40 is 25 a year unless my math is off. What's stopping me from taking that 25 and flipping it, every year?

Crypto? Really man? :lol:

Some of y'all got some hot takes with sports, but even hotter takes concerning real life topics too

What's funny..? :nerd:

I haven't watched enough to make a judgment (both of Pacers and Gordon). Is this a good look?
Yes. They aren't getting any big(ger) name free agents to go there.

Play him at the 4 and trade one of the bigs.

If you're the Spurs, why would you send Kawhi to a direct competitor? I just don't understand this thinking.

Ship him out East and let LeBron have PG13 :lol:
because its the new nba

celtics traded with their main eastern rival in cavs

clippers traded their best player to the team that eliminated them in choking fashion in the rockets

old pop need to get with the times gotta do whats best for the franchise and put the ego aside

They are already probably letting Thad walk. Essentially, he's just a slight upgrade over Thad at the 4. Assuming all other things remain the same. It all comes down to how much will he improve in his 5th year and he can bring better production at max money than Thad did at that position for probably half the cost.

I think Aaron Gordon sucks so doesn't surprise me pacers throwing money at him

Now that I peaked at the Roster. I think they should do the following:
Offer a trade of Collison (expiring) Sabonis/ Myles (young piece) and a future first for Kemba.

That would be a fun team of #2 and #3 options with Vic, Kemba, Gordon, and Turner.

This team will play with a chip on their shoulders.

Hank Scorpio Hank Scorpio Do you recommend investing in a Roth IRA over a traditional 401k

I'm not a Financial Advisor, so please don't take my comments as any sort of fiduciary responsibility or advice.

For tax purposes, I would do Roth over traditional 401k. That's just me though. Heavily depends on your income situation, tax bracket, future potential tax bracket amongst other things.

Usually best rule of thumb is to have contributions in both, if employers allows.

Some info for the people here: I did a stint at a top tier Investment Bank for a few years covering M&A within tech and financial service companies. Did some of the biggest deals last couple of years. Moved over to a Private Equity mega shop then started my own PE/VC shop with a 5 guys in my group after being at PE Mega Shop for a few years. Opened shop a few years ago and now have offices in NYC, SF, London, Tokyo, Cayman Islands. Fund is approaching $5 billion.

I'm <35 years old, FYI.

EDIT:

I'm also a minority immigrant male from NYC. Came from an underprivileged background, but was fortunate enough to have gotten admission into Elite public schools in NY. I know what the value of a dollar is. Hope that provides context for everyone.

Last edited:
I'm not a Financial Advisor, so please don't take my comments as any sort of fiduciary responsibility or advice.

For tax purposes, I would do Roth over traditional 401k. That's just me though. Heavily depends on your income situation, tax bracket, future potential tax bracket amongst other things.

Usually best rule of thumb is to have contributions in both, if employers allows.

Some info for the people here: I did a stint at a top tier Investment Bank for a few years covering M&A within tech and financial service companies. Did some of the biggest deals last couple of years. Moved over to a Private Equity mega shop then started my own PE/VC shop with a 5 guys in my group after being at PE Mega Shop for a few years. Opened shop a few years ago and now have offices in NYC, SF, London, Tokyo, Cayman Islands. Fund is approaching $5 billion.

I'm <35 years old, FYI.
How can I be like you when I grow up?

If the Lakers do everything AND keep BI, I quit this season.
nah it womt happen

if we do get two of bron pg koala bi and zo need to go. they need the ball to be productive

kuz and hart are better suited for a bron pg team

yall dont know bout ingram man hes gonna be a beast

if hes the main guy on the spurs hes gonna put up big numbers guy reminds me of a young kd

on the spurs he wont have to share the ball with julius, kuzma, brook, and ball

Now that I peaked at the Roster. I think they should do the following:
Offer a trade of Collison (expiring) Sabonis (young piece) and a future first for Kemba.

That would be a fun team of #2 and #3 options with Vic, Kemba, Gordon, and Turner.

This team will play with a chip on their shoulders.
I definitely think Kemba is going to be VERY available, and he would be a nice fit for them. I don't think I'd be willing to trade Sabonis or Turner for him though.

They are already probably letting Thad walk. Essentially, he's just a slight upgrade over Thad at the 4. Assuming all other things remain the same. It all comes down to how much will he improve in his 5th year and he can bring better production at max money than Thad did at that position for probably half the cost.
I guess I just don't really want to let the stink of the Orlando Magic cloud my view on him overall. Dipo's numbers weren't any better there, and now in a different setting in Year 5 of his career, he's an All-NBA guy.

I'm not saying that this automatically means that Gordon will do that, but he does have a lot of the tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom