Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow a ruptured Achilles since round 2, my dude is a dog. Makes tanks performance even worse than what it already was. A 38 yr old with a ruptured Achilles who is known to have weak chin took my man 12 rounds to finish him.

I think he has a lot of dog in him, unlike Broner. And his power is legit, his speed too, but he was so gassed this fight he couldn’t even follow up against a hurt, shot, Gamboa.

I’m not saying he beats all the top guys but I think he makes a fight with any of them interesting if he’s actually prepared.

The Tank that showed up against Pedraza smokes most of the division.

Tank gets a lot of S*** for his record, but I don’t know for sure that guys like Haney, Ryan Garcia, or even Farmer beat him. Haney & Garcia built their records off cans as well, neither have faced a REAL threat. Farmer has been super active on DAZN, but not exactly against murderer’s row either.

Teofimo on the other hand....boxing politics aside, stay far far away from Teofimo.

The Tank that showed up against Pedraza smokes most of the division.

Tank gets a lot of S*** for his record, but I don’t know for sure that guys like Haney, Ryan Garcia, or even Farmer beat him. Haney & Garcia built their records off cans as well, neither have faced a REAL threat. Farmer has been super active on DAZN, but not exactly against murderer’s row either.

Teofimo on the other hand....boxing politics aside, stay far far away from Teofimo.

Yeah pretty much. I can’t say he smokes them but when he actually trains right he looks like a tough night for any of them. That said this isn’t the first time he missed weight or looked underwhelming against a soft touch, with a torn Achilles no less :smh:. Could easily end up like Broner.

And yeah Teo wrecks him imo.

Let's be real, the featherweight and lightweight versions of tank davis would get eaten alive by the fw and lw versions of Barrera, Morales, Marquez, and Pacquiao.

Cant wait til someone with some skill teaches Floyd's only hype machine a humbling lesson

I feel like we have to rethink if Tank even beats Tevin Farmer?

We probably have to rethink if he beats LSC :lol:

I don’t really think Leo can hurt him at 135, but if Tank continues half assing it, he could outwork him to a decision if he can finish the fight on his feet.

With a bid of $1.9 million, Roc Nation Sports—on behalf of Rejoy Group /Longjoy Sports in China—secured promotional rights to Meng’s mandatory challenge of unbeaten World light heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev through a purse bid hearing held Monday at International Boxing Federation (IBF) headquarters in Springfield, New Jersey. News

The hefty winning bid far exceeded the generous offer of $1.315 million submitted by Top Rank Inc., Beterbiev’s promoter and the next highest bidder.

In accordance with IBF-standard purse splits for mandatory title fights, Beterbiev will be entitled to 65%—$1.235 million—of the winning bid, with the remaining 35% ($665,000) going to Meng as the challenger.

What are the political reasons? The treatment of Uyghurs in China?

I’m sure Bob wants to continue doing business in China so this could become a boxing version of the Morey Hong Kong thing.

What are the political reasons? The treatment of Uyghurs in China?

I’m sure Bob wants to continue doing business in China so this could become a boxing version of the Morey Hong Kong thing.

Didnt even think about that since beterbiev is muslim. Thats got to be it.

He should keep the wbc belt meng isnt their mando.

Not sure with this situation, even Roc Nation winning the purse bid was so random since I thought they were outa the boxing business after losing money on Ward and Cotto
This is so bizzarre, I am pretty sure I heard Arum say the Chinese fighter is signed to Top Rank

idk why the fight is even talked about in China and not in Montreal, can Beterbiev not even draw enough to sell out the 21k at the Bell Center in Montreal? not like they have to do it in Olympic Stadium in Montreal where Leonard/Duran sold out the 66k

This is so bizzarre, I am pretty sure I heard Arum say the Chinese fighter is signed to Top Rank

Back
Top Bottom