Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe not this version of GGG because he lost a step. GGG from at least 2 years ago would've put them both to sleep.

Do we really know how good Andrade is?

His best win might be a SD over Vanes, who GGG destroyed. At least BHS has wins against Andy Lee and Lemieux

GGG vs Rolls draws only 12,357 attendance almost 40% of venue was empty. Canelo and AJ both sold out out MSG and did 20,201 in attendance

I know overhands are a common punch, but GGG throws his with downward force at the top of the forehead. I always wondered are those considered legal? I'm assuming he would get some kind of warning if the weren't, but I was curious.

A513E7CC-C6B8-4E21-9D7D-4F6195495025.jpeg

I always thought BJS will get KO if he got in the ring with GGG. Wasn’t bjs avoiding GGG.?
As for Andrade, I haven’t seen him fight...

I know overhands are a common punch, but GGG throws his with downward force at the top of the forehead. I always wondered are those considered legal? I'm assuming he would get some kind of warning if the weren't, but I was curious.

Not illegal in the slightest, in fact the forhead is the last place the most boxers look to aim for when throwing power shots. The only spot on the forehad anyone wants to hit or close to it is the temple.

Punching someone in the forehead usually doesnt do well for your hands

Funny thing is that punching with 2 hands (tho dumb) at the sametime is illegal

I think that downward hook is a soviet thing. Kov does it sometimes too, just not as much. You wouldn't think you'd get a lot of leverage on a shot like that but the odd angle and the amount of strength GGG has in his lats make it a successful punch for him

5 boxers on Forbes list for 2019, Fury would've been on the list if his fight this Sat counted towards this but it'll count towards next yrs list since Forbes calculation period is June 1 2018-June 1 2019. GGG's $15 mil from this past Sat didn't count either or he would've been higher on the list. Next year's list will have at least 6 boxers on there with these same 5 plus Fury and potentially Ruiz depending on how things play out for him

Sat Purses: Josh Warrington: $1,085,500 Kid Galahad: $584,500

Tyson Fury guaranteed $12.7 mil for his ESPN+ debut

Sat Purses: Josh Warrington: $1,085,500 Kid Galahad: $584,500

Tyson Fury guaranteed $12.7 mil for his ESPN+ debut
Who do you have in the Warrington fight? Kind of want to go with Galahad, I don't think Warrington has the power to go much farther than he has.

I'm pulling for Kid Galahad, pretty much b/c Naseem Hamed is my #1 all time favorite and Galahad said he's gotta win this title for Naz as another Brit born Yemenese kid from Sheffield

Who do you have in the Warrington fight? Kind of want to go with Galahad, I don't think Warrington has the power to go much farther than he has.

Back
Top Bottom