Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lmao @ Tank overpowering Manny. Go ask Tank himself and he'll tell you himself he ain't on Pacquiao's level. Pac's speed and power and movement gonna confuse the ****** Tank and take him out of his element just like Pac did to Thurman

Power ain't **** if you can't play defense. Ask Anthony Joshua. Not to mention Tank ain't got the experience to even win 2 rounds vs Pac.

Y'all must be smoking that TMT kush

Tank is the same height as manny btw so the ****** thing is irrelevant

Lmao @ Tank overpowering Manny. Go ask Tank himself and he'll tell you himself he ain't on Pacquiao's level. Pac's speed and power and movement gonna confuse the ****** Tank and take him out of his element just like Pac did to Thurman

Power ain't **** if you can't play defense. Ask Anthony Joshua. Not to mention Tank ain't got the experience to even win 2 rounds vs Pac.

Y'all must be smoking that TMT kush

Watched the fight Tank won the belt and he has power but Manny too strong for him
Thats old man strength against youthful strength
70 pro fights against 20 pro fights
Would be a very entertaining fight though

Watched the fight Tank won the belt and he has power but Manny too strong for him
Thats old man strength against youthful strength
70 pro fights against 20 pro fights
Would be a very entertaining fight though
That old man strength is no joke.. these viejitos hit like trucks

Yep. Manny 40 years old and a part time senator. Them roids won’t help him this time against Tank :lol:. Y’all dudes in here acting like it’s the old PAC. Don’t let this fight against Thurman gas you. That dude had a long layoff and is about to retire anyways he don’t care.

Nobody but it doesn’t matter. Loma would beat the breaks off Gervonta but Tank beats Manny.

Y’all acting like I actually like Tank. I hate him and he’s overrated but just be real with yaself. Manny is playing with fire continuing to fight at this age :lol:. Spence, Crawford and even Tank put him to sleep for good.

:lol: Roided Pac.... you think Matrix will whoop Davis, but Tank can knockout Pac. :lol:

Tank is AB minus any actual challenge. He saw what happened to AB and he doesn’t want to be a walking joke. He’d rather collect the safe checks. He’s smart

They’re not in PACs level in any way. They have any advantage and pac makes it useless. Time and time again pac proves that. Outside of Floyd pac hasn’t legitimately lost since the KO which took 4 fights to finally happen against an all time great

I mean he lost before the KO as well (and got two questionable decisions against JMM), but yeah.

Bottom line Floyd and Pac are built different. If Pac at 40 is getting a win that solid over Thurman I highly doubt Tank is gonna come up from 130 and give him any problems, that's not the style to beat him.

If there's anybody I want to see coming up to fight him it'd be Loma. That'd definitely be a chess match, but I guess now that Manny isn't with Top Rank that has little to no chance of happening.

I can see Floyd has taught Davis how to fight inside
That can maybe give him an edge over Manny in the later rounds
If you out-condition Pac and you box him to death using footwork and veteran tactics, you can beat him no matter what age you are. The key to beating Manny's awkward style is to get him out of his rhythm. But to do this consistently for 12 rounds is an arduous task that only a supremely conditioned and intelligent fighter can do. No joke, fighting Manny is damn near like fighting a Bruce Lee with boxing gloves

If you out-condition Pac and you box him to death using footwork and veteran tactics, you can beat him no matter what age you are. The key to beating Manny's awkward style is to get him out of his rhythm. But to do this consistently for 12 rounds is an arduous task that only a supremely conditioned and intelligent fighter can do. No joke, fighting Manny is damn near like fighting a Bruce Lee with boxing gloves
People don’t give him his respect man. Manny can beat these dudes damn near blindfolded. Ain’t no wild swinging. Look at the guys half his age that talk smack yet don’t want to fight him. They know the deal

As difficult a task as it seems, Pacquiao has always been the type of dude who isn't afraid of challenges esp when he feels like he has something to prove. And as crazy as it sounds, he is still on a mission to prove something. That's why it's not shocking to me that he's headhunting (albeit very discretely and quietly) the top guns at 47.

Make no mistake, he wants Spence or Crawford if he can't get Floyd to un-retire for the umpteenth time. Pac thinks he can compete with the top two young guns at 47. We may get the chance to witness history if he succeeds on this mission. Imagine, beating Spence or Crawford at this stage in his career would catapult him to p4p GOAT status no question imo. But the odds are hugely stacked against him.

Last edited:
I hear all that, Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23 . But does Manny not significantly increase his leverage and stock by defeating and potentially finishing a worthy opponent like Amir Khan at 147? I'm just throwing numbers outchea, but at least $20M-$25M payday to take that bout in Dubai. Khan presents minor risk in terms of a KO, although Pacquiao's camp will take Amir's hand speed seriously. Then assuming Manny wins in November, call your shot for summer '20. Whether it be PBF, Spence or Crawford.

I hear all that, Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23 . But does Manny not significantly increase his leverage and stock by defeating and potentially finishing a worthy opponent like Amir Khan at 147? I'm just throwing numbers outchea, but at least $20M-$25M payday to take that bout in Dubai. Khan presents minor risk in terms of a KO, although Pacquiao's camp will take Amir's hand speed seriously. Then assuming Manny wins in November, call your shot for summer '20. Whether it be PBF, Spence or Crawford.
Money-wise it's a good grab because it poses low risk like you said. But beating a washed Khan does nothing to improve his stock. All it does is make Manny expend more energy at age 41 training for a fight against Amir's scrub version of himself. Better to be wise, and preserve your body for the real fights. That's why Pac going back to the office job and said he ain't fighting til next year.

Khan been desperately chasing a fight with Floyd and Pac for damn near a decade. Dude is washed.

Money-wise it's a good grab because it poses low risk like you said. But beating a washed Khan does nothing to improve his stock. All it does is make Manny expend more energy at age 41 training for a fight against Amir's scrub version of himself. Better to be wise, and preserve your body for the real fights. That's why Pac going back to the office job and said he ain't fighting til next year.

Khan been desperately chasing a fight with Floyd and Pac for damn near a decade. Dude is washed.
It’s also Important for Manny to stay active too tho at 41 he can’t just sit and wait for Floyd to figure things out.

Back
Top Bottom