OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Chris Steele just entered the transfer portal w/in the past hour. As of this morning he hadn’t been kicked off the team.

@MVP whats the scoop?

tumblr_nzuqeb1sXq1rby04wo1_500.gif

sounds like this will be used for immediate eligibility.

That just sounds bad, information is real murky right now, where's McMurphy?

Ny post report says that Jones committed two sexual assaults w/in 30 mins, the 2nd being forcible rape. The first one started consensually then Steele and another kid burst into the room laughing and Jones held the girl down when she asked him to stop and she had to physically force him off her.

Steele’s involvement in the first is what people thought had him in trouble

Ny post report says that Jones committed two sexual assaults w/in 30 mins, the 2nd being forcible rape. The first one started consensually then Steele and another kid burst into the room laughing and Jones held the girl down when she asked him to stop and she had to physically force him off her.

Steele’s involvement in the first is what people thought had him in trouble
yep yikes

@MVP has his hands full with the Tyronne Lue debacle.

Nah Mamba's river boating on work-cation right now. He prob isn't even worrying about this. He still wanted Mullen gone :lol:

The sooner they pull the trigger the sooner they can bring in Chollie Skrong and clean up this mess.

Greg Biggins said...

He’s definitely not going back to Florida and at this point, I think USC is in a good spot for a lot of reasons. Family wants him here, it’s comfortable for him and after some of the things that went on in Florida, I think being close to home where the comfort level is strong will be very important. This wasn’t a football related transfer and I would bet there’s a very good chance that he’ll be eligible to play right away.

Sorry, but I had nothing to do with Chris Steele hitting the Transfer Portal. It sucks but that was on him and his family. Not me. I’m also not happy that he is moving on from UF it sucks because it’s a great place.

— CoachCordell Landers (@TheRBCoach) May 9, 2019

Cordell Landers is a UF staffer?

Gainesville gotta the most boring college town among big teams, these ****** been trouble every year of my entire life (yes I know sexual assault happens on every campus).

Yea, I think he's from Cali.

Edit -- Fired staffer who helped get Steele to UF. He's from Cali. nako xl nako xl

Yeah just saw on SC board that he was one of the names that came up with support staff hiring before a Fresno State guy got the gig.

----------

Greg Biggins on Ricky Town, Jalen Hall, Sam Darnold and Bru McCoy:

Hall and Ricky both peaked as sophomores. Jalen was exceptional at a young age and was dominant in every setting. Unfortunately, off the field issues killed his development and as a senior, he was definitely not a top 300 player, was sad to see. Same thing with Ricky, injury problems and his body just going bad on him killed his growth and by the time he was a senior, he was torpedoed in the rankings as well. That's one of the things I hate about doing rankings on kids so early, a lot of players get inflated based on small sample size and then you're stuck with having to drop them when others pass them by.

With Sam, anyone calling him a 5-star based on how he looked in HS is doing a little bit of revisionist history, the best scout in the world couldn't have anticipated his growth as a player. He did things at USC he never did in HS and I remember being on this board after his semi-final and final games where he struggled so bad, half this board was screaming, 'why the heck did we waste a scholie on this kid.' He was a baller though, you could see that but looked at least 2-3 years away from being a starter and it was incredible to see his progress. Honestly not sure I've ever seen anything like it.

No issue with not loving Bru as a WR, I'll always say LB is his best college/NFL position, but using the term 'soft' to describe him is just a bad eval, he's the furthest thing from soft as a player and probably the best blocking WR I've ever seen at the HS level. He does have deficiencies as a WR but being soft is not one.

Last edited:
The cherry on top of Flawda's turmoil, Kirby a real G

Should see about 5 big time commits for the Dawgs over the next few weeks, OT Tate Ratledge on Monday, WR Marcus Rosemy soon after if not before + 2-3 more. Arik Gilbert on :nerd:

LBer room is f'n ridiculously loaded with young talent.

Back
Top Bottom