**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, this isn't news at all. We were even talking in here about him signing a 1+1 to return to Toronto

But because its with the Clippers, you guys are making it a bigger deal then needed.

Relax.....

:lol: what? Huge difference between signing a 1+1 with Toronto and signing a 2+1 with Clippers. Clippers mortgaged their whole future to trade for PG who has the same deal as him right now. Puts so much pressure on Clippers to win right now. Imagine two seasons of not getting the title and seeing PG and Kawhi dip for nothing. Fact that everyone had Kawhi signing a max deal and not “considering” a short term deal makes it even worse. With Kawhi you need pen to paper with him can’t trust him until he signs.

so let me get this straight.....

The Lakers traded picks and the majority of their young core for a guy who has 1 year left on his deal (granted, the chances of AD leaving are probably very slim - as Lakers fans will point out)

The Clippers traded picks and a good young player and an expendable guy with at least 2 more years on his contract and then signed one of the top 2-3 players in the league for 2 years minimum.

But its good for the Lakers and not the Clippers, right? Right? Just want to make sure I'm playing along correctly.

On a related note we cleared a roster space for Tacko

Tacko!!!!!!

Au revoir!

548D8443-ADE3-47A2-80F7-79FE097C19E6.gif

Absolutely. But the trade had to be done. I think the Clippers front office is comfortable enough not to worry about losing both in 2 years. Its literally just 1 year thats changed.

This isnt championship or bust, in my opinion.
That one year is a pretty big difference IMO...but 2 years is still pretty bad.

Did it really have to be done though if you don't have the assurance that the guys you're betting your future picks on are in long term.

Two years is nothing. I think if the Clippers are working the trade with that information, they don't give up so much.

2 year window..

8 M difference? Is that all? Hmm..

He coming to the show when bron bum *** limps out of here.

2 yrs.

PG only got like 2 also right? He can opt out in 21

AD x Kawhicheal x Ball Game x Jared Dudley = 17th - 18th - 19th rings.

Kawhi goofed
:lol: The Spurs screwed him sending him to Toronto. If he didn't stay, it was going to delay the big payday another year regardless.

Can't really say he goofed if he left money on the table to get exactly what he wanted. $118m is insane, but if he values location/situation over money, who's to say he's wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom