OFFICIAL 2020 - 2021 AIR MAX 95 THREAD

I'm on the fence about these. AM95's have always been ugly as hell and awkward to wear for me but I can't ignore the icon. Really hoping they do the Slate Blue's, that's one of the few colorways I really rock with.

Is the retro AM95 air bag smaller than the OG one ?
Yep, here's a comparison between 2004 (left) and 2015 (right):
20201127_231512~2.jpg

The size of the 2015 bubbles is what you should expect on the 2020.

The more I looked at the 2015s I realized they're more different than the 2004s and presumably the OG based on pure cosmetics alone (Ironically the 2015 was labeled as "OG" by Nike)

20201127_231134.jpg

2004's pair has a row of double stitching on the uppermost part of the grey gradient just below the mesh covering the lace loops.

20201127_231144.jpg

2015's release does not have the double stitching on that piece of the upper.

I'm assuming the 2020 Neon will have the double stitching, as a few other 95s I've purchased recently have it. Not a deal breaker by any means but it's more of an interesting observation.

Hate to say it but this new 2020 pair looks EXACTLY like my 2015s (which are still in impeccable condition) and I’m surprisingly finding it hard to be super pressed for these right now. Next year would’ve been the sweet spot for me on these. I know it’s the beloved OG Neon cw and all but I’m honestly not looking forward to dropping what, $170+ tax? on these for a shoe I feel like I already have (even the box is the same) and don’t wear as often as is. Almost feel like I’d be buying just because they’re the Neons, not because I actually need them (which I’ve done with plenty of shoes, but still). Anyway, rant over. Just want 1 if any and Nike better not make this hard or else they can keep em. I see no major changes and Neons will always get re-released.

Last edited:
Hate to say it but this new 2020 pair looks EXACTLY like my 2015s (which are still in impeccable condition) and I’m surprisingly finding it hard to be super pressed for these right now. Next year would’ve been the sweet spot for me on these. I know it’s the beloved OG Neon cw and all but I’m honestly not looking forward to dropping what, $170+ tax? on these for a shoe I feel like I already have (even the box is the same) and don’t wear as often as is. Almost feel like I’d be buying just because they’re the Neons, not because I actually need them (which I’ve done with plenty of shoes, but still). Anyway, rant over. Just want 1 if any and Nike better not make this hard or else they can keep em. I see no major changes and Neons will always get re-released.

I hear you. They're not remastered like the AMIII, or like the Jordan Infrared 6 from '14 to '19. These two Neon versions don't appear to be much different. Unless you want to have every version ever released, or generally wear them a ton and want a backup pair that will last longer (since it's 5 years newer), I don't see any reason to be gunning for these.

I’m not that bothered my 2015s still look barely worn only good thing aboht the new ones is using black on the toe box this time instead of grey

Not sure if I’m feeling the super dark soles. It’ll be game time decision 🤔

I’m not that bothered my 2015s still look barely worn only good thing aboht the new ones is using black on the toe box this time instead of grey

Weren't the OGs grey and not black?

Shape doesn't look any diff to me from the '15s....that comment made me laugh.

95s was never a sleek looking shoe, they are supposed to be bulky
it was already like that since the mid 90s
That part!!!
Why the 96’s are loved. Then 97s came out and looked great with skinnier jeans/khakis. Those who remember KNOW that baggy was in during those times. I Would always get clowned on for wearing fitted pants back then lol.. times have def changed..

That shape looks nice; better than the vintage pics above. I thought OG toes were more grey than black, buy perhaps I'm mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom