OFFICIAL 2020 - 2021 AIR MAX 95 THREAD

That shape looks nice; better than the vintage pics above. I thought OG toes were more grey than black, buy perhaps I'm mistaken.

I remember the neons having a cool grey toe, and the midsole matched that color too. Didn't the 2008 Neons have a black toe? In recent years it seems the midsole has gone from a very dark grey to black.

OG midsole was black...toe was dark grey...

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

How do you know when the 20 isn’t in hand yet?
He’s making **** up.
Weren't the OGs grey and not black?

Shape doesn't look any diff to me from the '15s....that comment made me laugh.
So much for that guy clowning on the shape :lol:
It’s got a cliff toe same as every other 95 that’s released this year but like what you like

never said the 95 were meant to look like a 90 or 97 but it’s not meant to be a cliff toe either
5F6F1755-5D20-4292-9773-B886509B1C06.jpeg

20FFFC46-374A-4163-AADF-ED71F1B66BA6.jpeg

OG midsole was black...toe was dark grey...

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
Appreciate the feedback! Then I guess that's another mark against the 2004 retro since that one has a dark grey midsole. I want to assume the 1999 retro had dark grey too but maybe that was black? (Can't remember much about the ’99 version other than my brother having that one back in the day)

Appreciate the feedback! Then I guess that's another mark against the 2004 retro since that one has a dark grey midsole. I want to assume the 1999 retro had dark grey too but maybe that was black? (Can't remember much about the ’99 version other than my brother having that one back in the day)

The 1999's and the 2004's had a black midsole...

OMdR1EhHRh6RJxDpTnwR

jAjiw1OOSFqYA8QDEvoc

hCSnxEfSuui1plOJ2jv2

2004 (1st pic courtesy of NT's own willycheesesteak willycheesesteak )
IMG_9305.JPG

am%2B951%2B.jpg

am95+3.jpg

No I do have them but when I looked at my pair the midsole didn't look as black as the 2015, so I wasn't sure if it was the color being different from the beginning or just fading due to age. Maybe more of the latter in this case.

Posting the pairs I have again:
20201127_231512~2.jpg

Ahh those were ur pics? nice.

No I do have them but when I looked at my pair the midsole didn't look as black as the 2015, so I wasn't sure if it was the color being different from the beginning or just fading due to age. Maybe more of the latter in this case.

20201127_231512~2.jpg

Wait...is that the medial side/left shoe of the 2004 pictured? :nerd:

20201127_231512~2.jpg

The OG and subsequent retros were definitely not as black in the midsole. It was the first thing I noticed about the 2015 pair.

Ahh those were ur pics? nice.
All the talk about the 2020 Neons made me do some quick inventory of my old pairs from 2004 and 2015 and then I realized that there were differences in the build quality (and apparently in the quality of my memory too...).

I used to think highly of the 2004 model because of the actual large air units but I now realize those have a lot of differences compared to the OG (different lining, insole color) and the 2015s lack the double stitching on the upper by the loops.

Wait...is that the medial side/left shoe of the 2004 pictured? :nerd:

Yes, I was taking side by sides of the right shoes (trying to take a 1:1 comparison) and when I took the picture of the two facing each other I forgot to switch to one left and right.

Yes, I was taking side by sides of the right shoes (trying to take a 1:1 comparison) and when I took the picture of the two facing each other I forgot to switch to one left and right.

So...the medial sides of your 2004's have a swoosh on them? :nerd:

Man....still can't get over that enormous air bubble. Were they soft to wear? Even the current versions really should be soft; I don't understand why they jack up the PSI so high to make them bricks unless you're over 250lbs. Wonder why they decreased the size; can't imagine there's much of a cost difference. Stability concerns? Or just saving 3 cents per shoe....?

Man....still can't get over that enormous air bubble. Were they soft to wear? Even the current versions really should be soft; I don't understand why they jack up the PSI so high to make them bricks unless you're over 250lbs. Wonder why they decreased the size; can't imagine there's much of a cost difference. Stability concerns? Or just saving 3 cents per shoe....?

Ive often heard they used to use a gas that was less environmentally friendly... but that is just what people have said. As for the size, it is Nike after all... I’m sure it was a cost cutting measure.

OGs and the early retros were pretty cushy. My biggest gripe was the squeaking and that the midsoles would tear near the air bubble on some pairs.

Back
Top Bottom