OFFICIAL 2020 - 2021 AIR MAX 95 THREAD

OGs and the early retros were pretty cushy. My biggest gripe was the squeaking and that the midsoles would tear near the air bubble on some pairs.
That space between the heel and side air bubbles was much smaller on the OG and pre-History of Air retros but was also more susceptible to cracking over time. My brother's 1999s broke in that precise spot and his shoes would flap like they're talking if you walked around in them.

The gas is allegedly less dense inside the air unit and that's supposed to be another reason why the bubble is smaller. It's disappointing but something we have to deal with begrudgingly as it doesn't seem like it'll change anytime soon.

Ive often heard they used to use a gas that was less environmentally friendly... but that is just what people have said. As for the size, it is Nike after all... I’m sure it was a cost cutting measure.
It’s not just what people have said it was released as a press statement by Nike about 15 or 16 years back and something they had been working on changing for nearly 10 years prior to that. The gas SF6 that was released from the air units pre-2005 were harmful to the environment. Read about it here https://www.defynewyork.com/2012/02...air-units-the-answer-sf6-sulfur-hexafluoride/

with that said it doesn’t excuse these smal air units thats 1000 percent a call by the designers and or management green lighting the re issue of that shoe

This part is pissing me off 😡

Attachments

• 314C98C5-89F3-481F-8479-B168B931BB0F.jpeg
    314C98C5-89F3-481F-8479-B168B931BB0F.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 114
I've noticed this on other recent gradient AM 95s. Here it is on the Crystal Blue.
20201203_213926.jpg

Going to assume these 2020 Neons were made in the same Indonesia factory...
20201203_214247_resized(2).jpg

Man... that stands out like crazy to me. This was thought to be an automatic cop but that and the dark toe are making me think twice about them

I've noticed this on other recent gradient AM 95s. Here it is on the Crystal Blue.
20201203_213926.jpg

Going to assume these 2020 Neons were made in the same Indonesia factory...
20201203_214247_resized(2).jpg

Don't see the neons being tough to get. Won't be a cake walk if you sleep but I've never had an issue with an AM95 aside from the "AM 95 OG Neon" from a few years back. Otherwise it's been an easy cop. If you're ok paying retail you won't have an issue.

Man... that stands out like crazy to me. This was thought to be an automatic cop but that and the dark toe are making me think twice about them
The solar red "OG" from 2018/2019 had this too. I remember noticing it but not really paying much attention to it afterwards. I assumed it was just how they look nowadays, lol.

It's subtle enough that the only one who will notice may be you. It's virtually invisible from the sides.

Back
Top Bottom