⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
That thang picked up it's pivot and took multiple steps
wow.png

Yambs almost hit her in the back of the neck.

Yes, I get THAT

But, I was strictly focusing on the actual number of steps taken.

I was simply explaining that Euro/Step-Backs are two variants under the "2-step Umbrella."
Ok I see what your saying but disagree. Jump shooting footwork and layup footwork do no fall under the same umbrella no matter what side of the road you drive on.

A traditional “step back” is a 1 footed “hop step” usually. Dribble, plant, hop back on 2 planted feet.

guys like JT and harden now add a rhythm “gather dribble” to sway from side to side before taking the hop step...it’s still technically a hop and plant on 2 feet.

No one is taking 2 steps and shooting jumpers off 1 foot.

Ok I see what your saying but disagree. Jump shooting footwork and layup footwork do no fall under the same umbrella no matter what side of the road you drive on.

A traditional “step back” is a 1 footed “hop step” usually. Dribble, plant, hop back on 2 planted feet.

guys like JT and harden now add a rhythm “gather dribble” to sway from side to side before taking the hop step...it’s still technically a hop and plant on 2 feet.

No one is taking 2 steps and shooting jumpers off 1 foot.
I don't disagree with anything you are saying.

Again, THAT wasn't what I was even discussing.

But you got it.

But just to touch on this, you are also ignoring the "pushoff foot" + the "Stepback Foot." (Which is where the 2 Step takes places).

Yes, what happens AFTER that creates a new move but there is a "1 / 2 Step" element IN the Step-Back.

If you don't realize, stand up and do the move right now.

you cannot plant and take 2 additional steps unless you are shooting off 1 foot. Know what I mean....coming down on 2 feet counts as 1 step ANYWHERE.

show me a video of this 2 step “step back” back you are referring too.

you cannot plant and take 2 additional steps unless you are shooting off 1 foot. Know what I mean....coming down on 2 feet counts as 1 step ANYWHERE.

Again, the LANDING on 2 feet makes it "different" but there are still 2 steps involved in the move.

Yeah, this is what's off to me. When both of my feet were set(not gathering), I would only take one step(non pivot foot) to jump off into a shot or pass, I would never take two steps after coming to a complete stop and planting both feet.

I disagree. But not to say I’m absolute, I need to see a video of the specific step back you are referring to.

james does sneaky stuff with his gather and most people interpret the gather as a step. Ill post vids of my expamples. Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to get on the same page.

*edit*
This is the traditional “step back” with no gather/rhythm dribble

*edit*
this is the side step with a rhythm/gather drible.

Again, it’s a dribble gather into a 1 foot planted hop step.

When he crosses over left hand to right hand, the ball IS IN THE AIR and he sidesteps to his right
(dribble still live) then once his outside foot plants HE GATHERS his dribble (right hand) plants with his left and than takes 1 hop step off his planted left foot into a rhythm jumper off 2 feet.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is what's off to me. When both of my feet were set(not gathering), I would only take one step(non pivot foot) to jump off into a shot or pass, I would never take two steps after coming to a complete stop and planting both feet.

This specific part of the convo can be confusing and would be easier if we were on a Zoom call or something but try and visualize this.

If you are standing on the right elbow, 45 degree angle facing the basket with the ball in your hands.

Feet are shoulder width apart.

At that moment, you are "set."

Take 1 Step with Right Foot. (Your Pivot Foot has been established there.)
Take 1 Step with Left Foot.
Jump off of Left Foot to shoot the Layup.

Is that what you are referring to?

I disagree. But not to say I’m absolute, I need to see a video of the specific step back you are referring to.

james does sneaky stuff with his gather and most people interpret the gather as a step. Ill post vids of my expamples. Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to get on the same page.

Yea it might be hard to get what eachother is saying through text.

But I am not even discussing James Harden. I never have because what he does takes the technicalities of the rules to another level.

Pelicans open to Lonzo Ball trade? New Orleans may be active, more trade talk

After the four-team blockbuster deal involving James Harden, Victor Oladipo, Caris LeVert and Jarrett Allen, the NBA trade market absorbed the ferocity of that trade and it reset around all 30 franchises. Amid the coronavirus pandemic causing game postponements, there have been health and safety concerns for teams taking the main focus beyond the usual trade conversations.

Still, the trade market is beginning to pick up pace with two key dates approaching:

Feb. 2: the last day a player can be traded and still be aggregated in a multi-player transaction at the March 25 trade deadline.

Feb. 6: most players who signed free-agent contracts in the offseason can begin to be traded.

A team that is expected to be prominent in the trade market picture, rival teams expect: The New Orleans Pelicans. The franchise is off to an uneven 5-10 start to the season. New Orleans has been receiving calls about the availability of Lonzo Ball and JJ Redick and has shown an openness to discussing trades around both with interested teams, sources tell The Athletic. A move would create a clearer pathway for young guards Nickeil Alexander-Walker and Kira Lewis in the Pelicans’ rotation.

For the Pelicans, the future core is centered around Brandon Ingram and Zion Williamson, and although there have been hurdles along the way the franchise has remained committed to continuing to develop an identity around both cornerstones. When the Pelicans hired Stan Van Gundy as the new head coach, Ingram and Williamson expressed strong desires to have the veteran coach come in and set the tone for accountability. It stings through defeat sometimes, but the Pelicans have so far been pleased with Van Gundy’s job early this season, sources said.

Ball, the fourth-year guard, will enter restricted free agency this offseason. Redick is a veteran player whom contending teams would surely pursue. For now, there isn’t a move imminent for the Pelicans and the franchise has been sifting through other teams placing calls on the two veteran productive guards.

Atlanta Hawks

Rival teams are monitoring Hawks’ pending restricted free agent John Collins, sources said. Collins, who rejected an extension offer from Atlanta in December, will be among the top big men available in free agency.

Detroit Pistons

New York and the Clippers are among interested teams in Pistons guard Derrick Rose, sources said. Knicks coach Tom Thibodeau has a long history with Rose, coaching the former league MVP in Chicago and Minnesota.

Golden State Warriors

The Warriors and Pelicans discussed a potential deal involving Kelly Oubre Jr., sources said. There isn’t traction as of yet. Like many conversations around this time, it is a scenario.

This specific part of the convo can be confusing and would be easier if we were on a Zoom call or something but try and visualize this.

If you are standing on the right elbow, 45 degree angle facing the basket with the ball in your hands.

Feet are shoulder width apart.

At that moment, you are "set."

Take 1 Step with Right Foot. (Your Pivot Foot has been established there.)
Take 1 Step with Left Foot.
Jump off of Left Foot to shoot the Layup.

Is that what you are referring to?
Yup, 100%. In that scenario, I would use the left foot(with the right as a pivot) as a launch point to either do a jump pass or maneuver for a shot. I never took that second step unless I was driving.

Lonzo in NY could get ugly with the media. Him and RJ shooting bricks, yikes. Plus they got quickley already.

the clippers would benefit both parties. Possibly deal him for Lou. Lonzo and Beverly do the same thing and he’s younger.

can’t think of anywhere else

Yea it might be hard to get what eachother is saying through text.

But I am not even discussing James Harden. I never have because what he does takes the technicalities of the rules to another level.
True, I posted vids of what I was trying to describe.

regardless it’s important for people to understand the nuainces off basketball footwork, it’s not as simple as it looks on tv. It’s rthymn man, just like steps in a dance routine. A smooth player is never off beat or out of rhythm......

Yet my guy Kuzma over here traveling every other game in year 4 at the NBA level :stoneface:

granted, he been getting better since I been calling him out in the laker thread LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom