Official 2020 Boxing Thread: 12/12 - Joshua vs. Pulev DAZN, Stevenson vs. Clary ESPN

Who will be the winner of Wilder vs. Fury II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Funny thing is, even at his old age, golovkin is the only fighter to give canelo that kind of work since the Lara fight. Everyone else has been easy yet somehow golovkin still gets underrated and underappreciated by many.

True, but it's what happens when a KO artist stops KO'ing people for a few fights. Kind of like Tyson, he's remembered for his knockouts, but seldom remembered for his technique, footwork, and unique style.

True, but it's what happens when a KO artist stops KO'ing people for a few fights. Kind of like Tyson, he's remembered for his knockouts, but seldom remembered for his technique, footwork, and unique style.
Those are facts bro

I understand all of that. Never disputed any of it. Business aside, as a boxing fan I don't understand how you can say a unification fight with these 2 won't be a legacy fight. I personally think Bud should take the 60/40 split. Errol saying 70/30 was OD 🤣

Don't yall want to see the best fights? 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

I'm confused.

Your WAY too in your feelings and completely missing what he is saying which has been all straight facts :lol: . Essentially Crawford needs Spence more than Spence needs him in all facets.

Your a Spence fan. you should know how he's playing his cards.

I understand all of that. Never disputed any of it. Business aside, as a boxing fan I don't understand how you can say a unification fight with these 2 won't be a legacy fight. I personally think Bud should take the 60/40 split. Errol saying 70/30 was OD 🤣

Don't yall want to see the best fights? 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

I'm confused.

Man I was beginning to think I was alone in this thread lol. Been saying this for years. Too many FANagers and not enough fans in boxing nowadays and that's why the sport is dead.

Instead of demanding the best fights get made, The fanagers rather argue about their favorite fighters being A-sides and money splits like they're getting a cut out of it themselves lol. Dudes rather argue a-side b-side then watch the same fighter pad his record fighting bums in one sided fights to stay undefeated.

The fact is neither errol Spence or terence Crawford belong on ppv. Both of their ppv numbers have them in the RED revenue wise but that's a whole other conversation in itself. But somehow the pbc has made errol Spence and his fans believe that he is a PPV star lol.

Meanwhile his more than likely already inflated ppv numbers have dropped more and more every time his opponent wasn't named mikey garcia. The same mikey Garcia who's Mexican fanbase made up probably 80% of the ppv buys for their fight lol.

E3716FBF-8BAF-4CA2-925A-436C65AEDD19.png

Makes current era boxing seem weak if he’s the p4p
Not weak but heavily commercialized and heavily controlled by corporate investors
The fact is neither errol Spence or terence Crawford belong on ppv. Both of their ppv numbers have them in the RED revenue wise but that's a whole other conversation in itself. But somehow the pbc has made errol Spence and his fans believe that he is a PPV star lol.

Meanwhile his more than likely already inflated ppv numbers have dropped more and more every time his opponent wasn't named mikey garcia. The same mikey Garcia who's Mexican fanbase made up probably 80% of the ppv buys for their fight lol.
You're forgetting or choosing to ignore that Errol missed an entire year due to that wreck
He had just handled Porter and was about to start running through the division
No way to promote when you are waking up everyday trying to figure out how you are even still alive

You're forgetting or choosing to ignore that Errol missed an entire year due to that wreck
No way to promote when you are waking up everyday trying to figure out how you are even still alive

His crash and all that doesn't change facts though, his CURRENT market value ain't as high as he's making it out to be, and that's what the negotiations are based on, your current value, not what you woulda been doing if you hadn't have gotten in a crash that temporarily derailed your career.

70-30 is ridiculous and he might as well just say he doesn't want the fight if he's serious about that number.

Also the thing they're ignoring is that the right matchup can make more than either fighter individually against some bums.

GGG was consistently topping out at 150K ppv buys before he fought Canelo. Canelo did 600k with Khan, 300k with Liam Smith, and 1 mil with Chavez Jr. Then when they fought each other they hit 1.3 mil buys and had one of the biggest live gates ever. And btw, for the first fight GGG got 3 mil to Canelo's 5 mil, and Canelo was a WAY bigger star than Golovkin comparatively. Much farther apart than Spence and Crawford. Crawford's last PPV vs Khan did 150k, Spence's last vs Garcia did 250k.

Crawford's involvement is gonna bring more buys than Danny Garcia, it's the best fighting the best and it'll be promoted that way. Running around talking about 30% when Danny got 40% is just goofy and counterproductive, unless of course he really doesn't want to get in there with Crawford, which is what it's looking like right now.

His crash and all that doesn't change facts though, his CURRENT market value ain't as high as he's making it out to be, and that's what the negotiations are based on, your current value, not what you woulda been doing if you hadn't have gotten in a crash that temporarily derailed your career.

70-30 is ridiculous and he might as well just say he doesn't want the fight if he's serious about that number.

Also the thing they're ignoring is that the right matchup can make more than either fighter individually against some bums.

GGG was consistently topping out at 150K ppv buys before he fought Canelo. Canelo did 600k with Khan, 300k with Liam Smith, and 1 mil with Chavez Jr. Then when they fought each other they hit 1.3 mil buys and had one of the biggest live gates ever. And btw, for the first fight GGG got 3 mil to Canelo's 5 mil, and Canelo was a WAY bigger star than Golovkin comparatively. Much farther apart than Spence and Crawford. Crawford's last PPV vs Khan did 150k, Spence's last vs Garcia did 250k.

Crawford's involvement is gonna bring more buys than Danny Garcia, it's the best fighting the best and it'll be promoted that way. Running around talking about 30% when Danny got 40% is just goofy and counterproductive, unless of course he really doesn't want to get in there with Crawford, which is what it's looking like right now.
Canelo had the good fortune of fighting Floyd Mayweather and then had Floyd speaking very highly of him making his name familiar with the average boxing fans

Errol was just starting to get noticed when the wreck happened
Lets revisit this a year from now and see where he is on the PPV scale

Canelo had the good fortune of fighting Floyd Mayweather and then had Floyd speaking very highly of him making his name familiar with the average boxing fans

Who knows what happens down the line. I'm not worried about a year from now though, right now Spence is saying 70/30, and right now, that's absolutely ridiculous.

He should definitely be getting called out by the boxing media and the fans for that, that was just goofy as hell to say.

Lmao you are buggin. Canelo has been the golden child since he turned pro. They've been marketing the **** out of his since he was a teenager and getting SHUT OUT by floyd has absolutely nothing to do with his popularity.

My dude, errol Spence's accident didnt slow anything down the way you believe it did. He fought 14 months after the crash vs the SAME opponent he had lined up for his next fight. It's not like he took 2-3 tuneups vs non ranked opponents for his comeback.

Not weak but heavily commercialized and heavily controlled by corporate investors

He was about to start "running through the division"? Against who? Danny garcia? Jamal james? Sergei lipinets? A 42 year old manny pacquiao? Let's be real, the only fight to make is vs terence crawford. Anything else is a waste of time.

And in hindsight with the way Teo handled Loma, it shows just how ridiculously misguided Mikey's move was :smh:

If Spence is as confident as he says he is then just make the fight

Canelo will wash him we all know this

It's terrible how two of the top p4p fighters in the sport are not major draws in spence and crawford, and the only reason is because they have not taken the Floyd route of "marketing for people to see me lose".

This is the biggest fight in the sport yet somehow we have a numbers issue. The only two black fighters on the list I dont need to say anything else.

Shame that this is still the case.

And in hindsight with the way Teo handled Loma, it shows just how ridiculously misguided Mikey's move was :smh:

If Spence is as confident as he says he is then just make the fight

Canelo will wash him we all know this
Mikey was wild for thinking he was gonna go up and fight a bigger guy and do anything efffective.

I dont think Canelo washes either Errol or Bud. But I do think both guys will be better opponents then what we've seen in a washed Kovalev and Callum Smith who I will be surprised if we hear from him again.

Looks like they setting up GGG vs Munguia for May 2021

This will be a WAR!
Don't like the match up for Munguia, hes still green and takes waaay too much punishment.
Gennady looked sharp in his last outing, but this feels similar to that Derevyanchenko fight, where I can see him winning but there will be a price to pay.
Type of fight that can takes years off either guys career

Lmao you are buggin. Canelo has been the golden child since he turned pro. They've been marketing the **** out of his since he was a teenager and getting SHUT OUT by floyd has absolutely nothing to do with his popularity.

My dude, errol Spence's accident didnt slow anything down the way you believe it did. He fought 14 months after the crash vs the SAME opponent he had lined up for his next fight. It's not like he took 2-3 tuneups vs non ranked opponents for his comeback.

He was about to start "running through the division"? Against who? Danny garcia? Jamal james? Sergei lipinets? A 42 year old manny pacquiao? Let's be real, the only fight to make is vs terence crawford. Anything else is a waste of time.
Cant fault the fighter that there's not a lot of great talent to go against
The 70-30 comment was a shot at the promoter more than it was a shot at the fighter

Mikey was wild for thinking he was gonna go up and fight a bigger guy and do anything efffective.

I dont think Canelo washes either Errol or Bud. But I do think both guys will be better opponents then what we've seen in a washed Kovalev and Callum Smith who I will be surprised if we hear from him again.

Canelo is too big and too good imo. Bud got knocked down by Mean Machine and Spence went tooth and nail with Porter and couldn't even knock Mikey Garcia down, I personally don't think either one has anything for Canelo, at all. Even if they were the same size Canelo would be a difficult matchup, even worse when they're giving up so many pounds. We already saw how this goes with Brook, Khan, Mikey Garcia, etc.

I would much rather see Canelo vs Jermall, Plant, Benavidez, **** even BJS.

Canelo is too big and too good imo. Bud got knocked down by Mean Machine and Spence went tooth and nail with Porter and couldn't even knock Mikey Garcia down, I personally don't think either one has anything for Canelo, at all. Even if they were the same size Canelo would be a difficult matchup, even worse when they're giving up so many pounds. We already saw how this goes with Brook, Khan, Mikey Garcia, etc.

I would much rather see Canelo vs Jermall, Plant, Benavidez, **** even BJS.

Agreed. Lose lose situation for canelo if those 2 fights were to somehow get made. Weight classes exists for a reason. I dont think hes gonna go back down to 160, unless they pay him good money for charlo.

Read somewhere his wbc mandatory is next. Hopefully after that plant or benavidez.

Two top welterweights in their prime that should be fighting each other. Sounds familiar.

people tried to blame Arum, but all along it is these mayweather/spence bums avoiding the top fights

bums

some of us called it years ago. years!

How is Errol dodging top fights?
He fought and beat Porter who was trending as the top and toughest fighter
Had the wreck

First fight back he jumps in the ring with Garcia
I personally don't think its time for Spence and Crawford right now
What about Crawford vs Porter and let Errol take a tune up, then Spence vs Crawford?
But if Crawford cant get past Porter then he isn't worth Errol's time anyway 🤷🏾‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom