Official 2020 Boxing Thread: 12/12 - Joshua vs. Pulev DAZN, Stevenson vs. Clary ESPN

Who will be the winner of Wilder vs. Fury II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He won't. Joshua beats the dog**** outta him and unifies all the belts.

Respect to Fury for besting Wilder twice though, he walked the walk tonight.
Joshua absolutely smacking Fury is not something I see happening

Amazing to be that big, and move so sleek. Fury was a cut above tonight. A 3rd fight would be the same.

He won't. Joshua beats the dog**** outta him and unifies all the belts.

Respect to Fury for besting Wilder twice though, he walked the walk tonight.

Josh like a computer. Changed his whole style for his last rematch. He'll match his whole style to match the drunken master style of Fury. That's a curious fight. Not to say Fury wouldn't still win, but it'd be a different challenge than just having to out think raw power. JA is another crazy athlete. Strong. Fast. Technical. I don't blame him for underestimating Ruiz. He looks like Gabriel Iglesias. He smoked him the 2nd time. Very curious.

Wilder is a truly awful boxer. Amatuer level. If he didnt have that IMMENSE physical gift hed never win a single fight.
I been saying the same for a while... This guy would get washed by real technical boxers .. fury was technical in his method of attack and Wilder was done after his ear drum cause his balance to be off the rest of the fight...

Dude needs some real training .. he looked like an amateur last night....

The way Jay Deas threw Mark Breland under the bus was absolutely disgusting smh

Agreed. Deas was trying to protect his meal ticket, meanwhile Breland (An Olympian and former world champ) was looking out for Wilder’s health.

Unfortunately, whatever Wilder’s next friend is...Breland won’t be there, cause he’ll end up being the fall guy. Wilder does seem like a loyal dude so who knows.

Deas is a S*** trainer tho. If you listen to him between rounds, dude doesn’t really say much.

Wilder askin his lady friend if she still thinks he's pretty ?

FB_IMG_1582464344714.jpg

I wouldn't say Wilder is overrated. He is what he is. He's beaten 42 other guys. He just met his match.

wilder wasn’t overrated, you don’t win that many fights being overrated

In terms of ranking him as the best heavyweight in the world he is definitely overrated. I don’t believe he’s on joshua’s level either but I can’t make that judgement until a fight between the two happens.

Last night was a perfect display of watching a tactfully proficient fighter vs a puncher who is just looking to land an overhand right. I mean wilder doesn’t even know how to ****ing jab.

I feel as if a lot of hardcore fans saw this coming. Especially after how fury dominated the first fight.

Agreed. Deas was trying to protect his meal ticket, meanwhile Breland (An Olympian and former world champ) was looking out for Wilder’s health.

Unfortunately, whatever Wilder’s next friend is...Breland won’t be there, cause he’ll end up being the fall guy. Wilder does seem like a loyal dude so who knows.

Deas is a S*** trainer tho. If you listen to him between rounds, dude doesn’t really say much.

Agree with everything you said. What deas did was some sucker ****. I know someone has to be the fall guy besides the fighter but everyone in wilders camp has to take blame for him losing if they want to blame someone. These dudes werent even giving wilder any instructions, gameplan, or adjustment strategy in the corner between rounds. It's not because they're "bad" trainers, it's because they know wilder cant do **** besides punch. What's the point of giving a dude instructions knowing he isnt capable of following them?

This was like Jeff "Left Hook" Lacy vs Joe Calzaghe all over again

A guy who knocks out bums with one weapon n a padded resume gets found out against a boxer n we all know what happened to Jeff

I see the same with Wilder his days in boxing are done knocking out bums doesnt keep/get u fans after this n his confidence will be shot.

Last edited:
I'm not going to be a Monday Morning quarterback. I thought the fight was 50-50 and that Fury could win, just not in this fashion...

Man this **** broke my heart last night.
Lotta respect for Fury but damn I ain’t wanna see my boy go out like that. Kinda hoping he doesn’t do a 3rd, I was getting scared for his health in the last 2 rounds.

Wilder coming in heavy wasn’t a good idea. He looked slower and he got tired faster. Fury made Wilder look like an amateur.

Part of me was saying this fight was setup to go Fury's way
Ref letting Fury headlock Wilder every time they clinched
At one point I thought Fury was going to DDT Wilder
Trilogies have always been the big money maker of the heavyweight division so not surprised at last nights outcome

Part of me was saying this fight was setup to go Fury's way
Ref letting Fury headlock Wilder every time they clinched
At one point I thought Fury was going to DDT Wilder
Trilogies have always been the big money maker of the heavyweight division so not surprised at last nights outcome
Nah. Wilder was the one that kept tying up because he was catching hell. And Bayless even deducted a point from Fury for the clinches which seemed pretty ridiculous given the circumstances. And they could’ve set up a trilogy no matter the outcome last night since the first fight was a draw.

But bottom line is none of that stuff really mattered since Fury was felt out whooping Wilder’s *** from the opening bell.

Back
Top Bottom