Official 2020 Boxing Thread: 12/12 - Joshua vs. Pulev DAZN, Stevenson vs. Clary ESPN

Who will be the winner of Wilder vs. Fury II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pac Man vs GGG???

Manny ain't trying to go out peacefully eh

Manny cant be serious. Even though GGG is not the same anymore the dude still has power since thats the last thing to go.

Manny doing this to try and possibly end up with a better track record then Money May? It'll never happen :lol:

top rank really doing everything right. Compare this to the UFC’s set-up with dudes shaking hands and hugging at weigh ins, wearing their masks incorrectly, zero disinfection

shakur is nice man and i hope the best for him since hes from my hometown of Newark, NJ....he reminds me of a southpaw version of floyd... obviously he still got a lot to prove and still early in career to say hes the next floyd but he is really good... ill wait until hes 45-0 to say he really is floyd or better lol... but he fights like him where he hits but doesnt get hit... obviously doesnt use the philly shell and similar to a young floyd that punches a lot and similar to an older floyd who doesnt get hit often but he doesnt rely on counter punching like an older floyd...

with that being said hes my favorite 3 fighters right now and in no particular order shakur, bud and loma unfortunately they all top rank smh... i like errol too but he was unimpressive his last fight

Did SRL, Hearns, and Holyfield have to play heel to sell tickets? I wouldn't even consider a guy like Hagler a true heel, he was just a guy with a salty personality due in large part to how boxing jerked him around on his way up.

I also think people forget the way White America viewed Mike before the rape conviction. Mike's 90's persona would have never gotten the attention of Pepsi or Nintendo.

I've grown to like Andre as a commentator but he still doesn't understand why his career unfolded the way it did.

Look how far back you have to go for the names you're referring to though

Did SRL, Hearns, and Holyfield have to play heel to sell tickets? I wouldn't even consider a guy like Hagler a true heel, he was just a guy with a salty personality due in large part to how boxing jerked him around on his way up.

I also think people forget the way White America viewed Mike before the rape conviction. Mike's 90's persona would have never gotten the attention of Pepsi or Nintendo.

I've grown to like Andre as a commentator but he still doesn't understand why his career unfolded the way it did.

Look how far back you have to go for the names you're referring to though

Because regardless of race, there only a handful of guys now that you could actually consider draws.

And since Floyd we haven't seen a black fighter run with that blueprint and have it translate, and I'm also not convinced that if guys like Bud and Spence played into that more that they would be any bigger draws than they are now. Floyd had a HOF resume before he ever turned heel, I'm not sure you can say that about those two yet given their resumes.

Andre was not a draw because he had a boring style, a bland personality, and killed any momentum he had in his career by taking the long layoffs. It had nothing to do with him not wanting to play into a stereotype.

Just an overpaid one trick pony journeyman at this point? :lol:
Yup fighters like him are never the same after that first L, add to the fact that he’s 35 with no skills etc. With this Covid pandemic and his age combined he literally might only have a few fights left for his career when u look at how many times he fights a year.

1592274373842.jpeg

1592274449666.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom