OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
at the end of the day, I dont think they beat Bama or Clemson if they played, but if rankings started now, you'd have a hard time not putting LSU #1. Their resume is better.

Hell, I think Georgia is better than LSU. atlsfinest atlsfinest the only one that has shown up since they lost?

nah Georgia’s offense is struggling. LSU would jump out and I wouldn’t trust Georgia to match TDs with them. That said LSU’s D is trash this year so who knows.

at the end of the day, I dont think they beat Bama or Clemson if they played, but if rankings started now, you'd have a hard time not putting LSU #1. Their resume is better.

Hell, I think Georgia is better than LSU. atlsfinest atlsfinest the only one that has shown up since they lost?
I'll be behind him I'm still rocking with my dawgs yea the win was bad but it didnt stop anything win out and we will be fine

dacomeup dacomeup you're right, Mike Stoops is an excellent candidate for FSU. He would bring a tough defensive mentality that’s been missing for years.

Mark Stoops?

I'd roll the dice on Joe Brady if I was them. Tennessee should be giving him a strong look too.

He might want to go back to the league, but he was only in it for like two seasons, he's far from a "lifer".

He's originally from SFL, so I'm sure he could recruit down there.

I'm not usually a fan of P5's hiring first time HC's but he seems like he's going to be star either on this level or the next as a HC.

Last edited:
I'd roll the dice on Joe Brady if I was them. Tennessee should be giving him a strong look too.

He might want to go back to the league, but he was only in it for like two seasons, he's far from a "lifer".

I'm not usually a fan of P5's hiring first time HC's but he seems like he's going to be star either on this level or the next as a HC.
Could be, but college teams are way too safe for that. He's been a coordinator for all of 1 year. Can't see a program like FSU hiring him this soon.

Give him a near blue blood job off 6 good games passing? Not to mention their rush offense has been middling to bad.

Yikes.

Give him a near blue blood job off 6 good games passing? Not to mention their rush offense has been middling to bad.

Yikes.

“Good” is an understatement. They’re the second best offense in the country according to S&P+, with a guy who looked like he was destined to being an UDFA.

LSU is an elite offensive unit.

They're definitely doing great, but I'd be shocked if he got a FSU caliber job off of this season. Just don't see stuff like that. Especially for a guy who is only 30 years old.

I think he’s an NFL OC next season, but from FSU’s perspective the potential candidates this cycle aren’t great. I’d rather bet on Willie turning it around next season like he did at USF and WKU, than go with Stoops.

I don’t think Matt Campbell would work down there, he might at UTk tho.

Firing a college coach after two years for anything other than a total abortion of a tenure is almost always stupid.

Willie kinda sucks, but two years ain't enough data.

Firing a college coach after two years for anything other than a total abortion of a tenure is almost always stupid.

Willie kinda sucks, but two years ain't enough data.
You saying we shouldn’t have fired Sark?

Willie isn’t getting fired this year. There’s more than just his buyout, too; you have other coaches adding to that total. Unless no one shows up at Doak because we’re that terrible, or he has some crazy skeletons in his closet, he’s going to be in Tally at least until next year.

Anyway, it’s not like Jimbo was exactly captaining a juggernaut when he left Tally. He was 5-6 when he abandoned ship, so our sucking *** precedes Willie. I’ll give Taggart one more year to right the ship, then I’m hopping off if we’re still a wreck.

Last edited:
Willie isn’t getting fired this year. There’s more than just his buyout, too; you have other coaches adding to that total. Unless no one shows up at Doak because we’re that terrible, or he has some crazy skeletons in his closet, he’s going to be in Tally at least until next year.

Anyway, it’s not like Jimbo was exactly captaining a juggernaut when he left Tally. He was 5-6 when he abandoned ship, so our sucking *** precedes Willie. I’ll give Taggart one more year to right the ship, then I’m hopping off if we’re still a wreck.

You never know, he could just make up some **** about his players getting death threats...

Back
Top Bottom