OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
tenor.gif

I need to dig up who told me Burrow wasn’t good and not even close to competing with Haskins before he transferred

Based on my understanding, the rule/scenarios should be:

1. If he went out of bounds on his own, any touching of the ball while in bounds would be a penalty (illegal touching). (Note: If he touched/caught the ball while still out of bounds, it would just be an incomplete pass, not a penalty.)

2. If he was pushed out of bounds, he must re-establish himself in bounds before touching the ball.

So, since they "confirmed" the call, they must have ruled that he was pushed out of bounds and then re-established in bounds before touching the ball; he then completed the catch.

EDIT: I do not know if the fact that they did not call a penalty on the initial play for illegal touching had anything to do with the fact that they could not review that aspect of the play.... this may be possible, but I am not sure.

I love to see it.

But let's be honest, LSU at home wouldnt have been that much different either

for sure. But it stings more in Tuscaloosa. I didn’t think Bama’s D would look this bad after last years Clemson disaster but it looks like more of the same. Pass heavy spread offenses with talent really are Saban’s achilles heal.

These commentators are clowns. Both begging for Bama to make it a game to keep them in the playoffs.

for sure. But it stings more in Tuscaloosa. I didn’t think Bama’s D would look this bad after last years Clemson disaster but it looks like more of the same. Pass heavy spread offenses with talent really are Saban’s achilles heal.
And the key the sting pass heavy offenses is a great pass rush. If Chase Young is eligible tOSU/LSU in the playoff or natty would be very interesting.

Back
Top Bottom