OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Complete waste of talent. Kind of crazy that the highest rated recruits from Alabama's past two classes have both transferred and had disciplinary issues

Really don’t even know who is pressing for him like that in-state. Are y’all?

N41D N41D who else are they after?
They're all over South Florida right now.

There was a ton of optimism with Terrence Lewis for awhile, given the ties to Harris and Ish's pop at Northwestern... Not sure how that's changed after his transfer.

They'll be all over IMG with Adeleye there now. And they seem to love Kinchens and a couple of deep speed receivers, too.

Really don’t even know who is pressing for him like that in-state. Are y’all?

I honestly don't really know what the RB board looks like right now since Norvell took over. I know they were all over Daniels when Telly was still in Tally, but I'm not sure now. I think they still like him but how much I am not certain

They're all over South Florida right now.

There was a ton of optimism with Terrence Lewis for awhile, given the ties to Harris and Ish's pop at Northwestern... Not sure how that's changed after his transfer.

They'll be all over IMG with Adeleye there now. And they seem to love Kinchens and a couple of deep speed receivers, too.
Lewis has some big red flags so I’d assume that they’ll still get him if they want him. Assuming they’re after Kinchens and Brinson too.

Lewis has some big red flags so I’d assume that they’ll still get him if they want him. Assuming they’re after Kinchens and Brinson too.
Does he? I haven't seen any of that at all.

They love Kinchens. Offered Brinson but seems they're wanting more speed.

Yea, T2 beat on a girl at the West, so that's why he's at Chaminade now. It's been pretty clear that he's going after the biggest bag for a while, which is why I said he's probably TAMU's if they want him. :lol: Clemson isn't after him like that. UF can't compete with those type of bags either.

Not 100% done yet, but Claiborne in tupac003 tupac003 casper90403 casper90403

giphy - 2020-03-10T163307.668.gif

Roundtable: Pick one state to build a title contender around

247Sports is spending this week exploring the recruiting footprint of battleground states across the country. California, Florida, Georgia and Texas made up 47.8 percent of the 2020 Top247 and 39.8 percent of the overall recruits in the 2020 class. Those states are the cornerstones of many title contenders. Every national title winner over the last 13 years has have at least 10 combined players from those four states.

But which state is the best talent producer? That’s the question 247Sports is tackling in today’s roundtable with the 247Sports Rankings Council.

This week’s prompt: “If you had to pick one state to fuel your program (and one state only) what's your pick?”

Sorry in advance, Florida.

MAKING THE CASE FOR CALIFORNIA

“My pick would be California, and mostly for one reason: Quarterback play. Florida is deeper, Texas has bigger numbers and Georgia has better top-end talent. But California separates itself with the best quarterback play. Take last year when the top three quarterbacks in the Top247 each hailed from California. It’s the same way historically, too. Southern California has produced quarterback after quarterback. But Northern California doesn’t lack for talent, either. Two of the best quarterbacks in NFL history call Northern California home. Tom Brady, who played at San Mateo Serra, and Aaron Rodgers, who prepped at Chico Pleasant Valley. Let’s not forget the No. 1 overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, Jared Goff, is another Bay Area product. That dynamic quarterback production is the key reason I’d make California my home base. Quarterback play is crucial in college and in the NFL. Get a good quarterback, chances are good you're going to have a good football team.” – Brandon Huffman, National Analyst

"I'll be a homer here and go with California. I've always said the best athletes in the country come from Florida, and I love the lineman that come out of the South and Midwest. Saying that, I think California has produced a lot of high-quality quarterbacks over the years, including the top two overall prospects in the country a year ago. That's the way I want to build my program. There's always plenty of skill talent at the receiver, linebacker and defensive back positions. And although there has been a shortage of big men up front on both sides of the ball, I think I can scrape by enough to build a winner." – Greg Biggins, National Analyst

MAKING THE CASE FOR GEORGIA

“I toyed with California as my answer here. I really like the depth of talent in that state, and the consistent pool of quarterback talent. But Georgia has the depth, and Georgia has quarterbacks. Georgia also has something that California doesn't: Big bodies. The line of scrimmage athletes in Georgia, in addition to quarterbacks like Deshaun Watson, Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields, give you a national-championship ceiling by recruiting strictly the state of Georgia. There's also a really strong football culture there that produces well-coached players while still offering plenty of upside prospects that aren't maxed out. You can really get any kind of talent you want not only in terms of position but in terms of developmental upside and coachability.” – Barton Simmons, Director of Scouting

MAKING THE CASE FOR TEXAS

“If we can only recruit one state, it’s for sure Texas. How can you say another state? First, Texas has the best collective high school coaching. Second, Texas is a state where you can find any position of need. Other states have issues: Some places you can’t find a quarterback, often you can’t find enough linemen out West. Texas has it all: You have your big bodies, quarterbacks and every other position. They’re all multi-sport kids, too. Every time I go to look at a Texas player, I can find an athletic profile for most of them, whether it’s track or basketball. I just like the makeup of the competition there. There’s also a large quantity of prospects. You’re not just sifting through one or two intriguing options at each position, you can find multiple linemen or linebackers to fit whatever you need for your system. The kids still play for their communities down there, too. Texas, I love it. Just the pedigree. Texas isn’t always the best. There may be a down year at a certain position. But overall if I could build through one state it would be Texas, hands down.” - Steve Wilftong, Director of Recruiting

“It's between Florida and Texas for me, but I'll go with the Lone Star State based on its historic edge with quarterbacks. Texas is annually a top two or three state in terms of number of players drafted. It probably has the most even distribution of talent across each position, too. The high school coaching in the state is second to none with the sophisticated offenses and offseason 7on7 schedules helping to pump out successful quarterbacks at the highest rate of any state. The state may not have the depth along the front seven as states like Florida and Georgia, but the annual consistency of skill talent and pure numbers along the offensive line is something I'd be willing to bet on. For instance, Texas has at least five players in the 2021 Top247 at offensive line, defensive line, defensive back, wide receiver and quarterback. If we lined up all-star teams from each state, I'd put my money on Texas most years because of that even distribution and the talent behind center.” – Charles Power, National Analyst

-----

Blood vessels in dacomeup dacomeup MVP MVP and witnesskb24 witnesskb24 heads just exploded yelling "Florida!" "OHIO!!!"

First, Texas has the best collective high school coaching.
Florida has better talent with bad coaching. Which explains why these kids explode when they get to college. QB is the only argument for any of those states over Florida for me, and we're going to see more and more kids in Florida emerge as QBs as the game shifts to dual/spread and kids down there start working with QB coaches.

Also, multiple of those writers pointed to Florida being deeper or at the top. :lol: Cali/Texas just have had better QBs, and Georgia is emerging in that area too.

Roundtable: Pick one state to build a title contender around

247Sports is spending this week exploring the recruiting footprint of battleground states across the country. California, Florida, Georgia and Texas made up 47.8 percent of the 2020 Top247 and 39.8 percent of the overall recruits in the 2020 class. Those states are the cornerstones of many title contenders. Every national title winner over the last 13 years has have at least 10 combined players from those four states.

But which state is the best talent producer? That’s the question 247Sports is tackling in today’s roundtable with the 247Sports Rankings Council.

This week’s prompt: “If you had to pick one state to fuel your program (and one state only) what's your pick?”

Sorry in advance, Florida.

MAKING THE CASE FOR CALIFORNIA

“My pick would be California, and mostly for one reason: Quarterback play. Florida is deeper, Texas has bigger numbers and Georgia has better top-end talent. But California separates itself with the best quarterback play. Take last year when the top three quarterbacks in the Top247 each hailed from California. It’s the same way historically, too. Southern California has produced quarterback after quarterback. But Northern California doesn’t lack for talent, either. Two of the best quarterbacks in NFL history call Northern California home. Tom Brady, who played at San Mateo Serra, and Aaron Rodgers, who prepped at Chico Pleasant Valley. Let’s not forget the No. 1 overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, Jared Goff, is another Bay Area product. That dynamic quarterback production is the key reason I’d make California my home base. Quarterback play is crucial in college and in the NFL. Get a good quarterback, chances are good you're going to have a good football team.” – Brandon Huffman, National Analyst

"I'll be a homer here and go with California. I've always said the best athletes in the country come from Florida, and I love the lineman that come out of the South and Midwest. Saying that, I think California has produced a lot of high-quality quarterbacks over the years, including the top two overall prospects in the country a year ago. That's the way I want to build my program. There's always plenty of skill talent at the receiver, linebacker and defensive back positions. And although there has been a shortage of big men up front on both sides of the ball, I think I can scrape by enough to build a winner." – Greg Biggins, National Analyst

MAKING THE CASE FOR GEORGIA

“I toyed with California as my answer here. I really like the depth of talent in that state, and the consistent pool of quarterback talent. But Georgia has the depth, and Georgia has quarterbacks. Georgia also has something that California doesn't: Big bodies. The line of scrimmage athletes in Georgia, in addition to quarterbacks like Deshaun Watson, Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields, give you a national-championship ceiling by recruiting strictly the state of Georgia. There's also a really strong football culture there that produces well-coached players while still offering plenty of upside prospects that aren't maxed out. You can really get any kind of talent you want not only in terms of position but in terms of developmental upside and coachability.” – Barton Simmons, Director of Scouting

MAKING THE CASE FOR TEXAS

“If we can only recruit one state, it’s for sure Texas. How can you say another state? First, Texas has the best collective high school coaching. Second, Texas is a state where you can find any position of need. Other states have issues: Some places you can’t find a quarterback, often you can’t find enough linemen out West. Texas has it all: You have your big bodies, quarterbacks and every other position. They’re all multi-sport kids, too. Every time I go to look at a Texas player, I can find an athletic profile for most of them, whether it’s track or basketball. I just like the makeup of the competition there. There’s also a large quantity of prospects. You’re not just sifting through one or two intriguing options at each position, you can find multiple linemen or linebackers to fit whatever you need for your system. The kids still play for their communities down there, too. Texas, I love it. Just the pedigree. Texas isn’t always the best. There may be a down year at a certain position. But overall if I could build through one state it would be Texas, hands down.” - Steve Wilftong, Director of Recruiting

“It's between Florida and Texas for me, but I'll go with the Lone Star State based on its historic edge with quarterbacks. Texas is annually a top two or three state in terms of number of players drafted. It probably has the most even distribution of talent across each position, too. The high school coaching in the state is second to none with the sophisticated offenses and offseason 7on7 schedules helping to pump out successful quarterbacks at the highest rate of any state. The state may not have the depth along the front seven as states like Florida and Georgia, but the annual consistency of skill talent and pure numbers along the offensive line is something I'd be willing to bet on. For instance, Texas has at least five players in the 2021 Top247 at offensive line, defensive line, defensive back, wide receiver and quarterback. If we lined up all-star teams from each state, I'd put my money on Texas most years because of that even distribution and the talent behind center.” – Charles Power, National Analyst

-----

Blood vessels in dacomeup dacomeup MVP MVP and witnesskb24 witnesskb24 heads just exploded yelling "Florida!" "OHIO!!!"

Lol I can’t argue that. Ohio produces a ton of talent given the size of the state but compared to others I don’t think it’s even close

Also, I’m sure this coronavirus junk will be forgotten about in a month, but if it was September right now do you think we’d be seeing schools not allow fans to games? That’s a loooooot of money. No fans at the NCAA tournament isn’t hurting their pockets at all but football would be a different story

The NBA suspended its season, no fans during March Madness games. Can’t say I’ve seen anything like this. Maybe I’m being forgetful, but ... nothing I can recall. Hell, even Rudy Gobert and Tom Hanks and his wife tested positive.

Back
Top Bottom