OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do people expect schools to just continue their programs when they were in the red or barely profitable before this?

If you can't see that a University with a 6 billion dollar budget cutting 11 varsity sports that cumulated 20 national titles and 27 medals is bad for other schools who can barely keep their doors open as it...don't know what to tell you...

the Preppy sports (Rowing, field hockey, women's fencing, mens volleyball, sailing, squash, wrestling and synchronized swimming). All sports that relied on that football money

I figured it was mostly irrelevant sports (because that’s where most of their claimed titles come from) but thought maybe there were a couple that mattered revenue wise

There’s going to be football in the fall if for no other reason than the fact college athletics essentially die if there’s no football season.

Football is where the money for quite literally everything else comes from. They already punted their only other real money maker in March.

Got it. So nakoxl can post what their third string QB ate for breakfast but I can’t post something that’s going to affect every university across the land? 😂😂
Don’t bring me into this. You’re the one fighting about how important the stanford squash team is.

I’m over here enjoying my day, leave me out of your piddly little argument.

There’s going to be football in the fall if for no other reason than the fact college athletics essentially die if there’s no football season.

Football is where the money for quite literally everything else comes from. They already punted their only other real money maker in March.

Curious though, where does the money come from? AD revenue?

There most likely won't be fans in stands at any of those venues, so no ticket revenue.

I figured it was mostly irrelevant sports (because that’s where most of their claimed titles come from) but thought maybe there were a couple that mattered revenue wise

Stanford has 5 less titles than OSU in the 3 major sports(Baseball, Football, Basketball). Let's not act like Stanford is only a country club university.

Uhhh TV deals?

AKA AD revenue. So a MAC TV deal is going to be as profitable as the SEC Deal, correct?

Not all TV deals are the same, even Pac 12 is gonna be in the ****ter. No one wants to watch mediocre football. It's not gonna be enough to keep these programs alive.

Curious though, where does the money come from? AD revenue?

There most likely won't be fans in stands at any of those venues, so no ticket revenue.
It’s overwhelmingly TV money. And Bowl money.

They’ll lose some money without full stadiums but that money is a drop in the bucket comparatively.

trust me when I tell y’all that nobody knows a damn thing. Not AD’s, Presidents or commissioners. They’re are literally operating one day at a time. I know 3 of the leagues have abt 20 different scenarios planned. Absolutely everything is on the table. But nobody has a clue what will happen for sure. I’m working at a school right now and it’s nuts. And when you see teams say absolutely nobody is testing positive they are full of s#%+

This Florida commit is dropping his top five tomorrow. What's the point of being committing if, admittedly, you're still going through the recruiting process and evaluating other schools?

This Florida commit is dropping his top five tomorrow. What's the point of being committing if, admittedly, you're still going through the recruiting process and evaluating other schools?

They all want attention

That’s why I never care about these recruits committing until they’re on campus

They all want attention

That’s why I never care about these recruits committing until they’re on campus

A lot of fans are quick to blame the recruits for this but personally, I blame fans and the growing recruiting industry. These teenagers have thousands of grown men fawning over them, telling them how great they are and tracking their every move. Of course they're going to seek that type of attention.

A lot of fans are quick to blame the recruits for this but personally, I blame fans and the growing recruiting industry. These teenagers have thousands of grown men fawning over them, telling them how great they are and tracking their every move. Of course they're going to seek that type of attention.

Oh I don’t mean it in a negative way, it’s the most exciting time in their lives most likely so I support them eating it up. I think a lot of the videos and stuff are corny but it’s the new wave.

Ive seen so many recruits flip from the team I root for its hard to get excited anymore :lol:

Back
Top Bottom