OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ridiculous. An athletic department that brings in $150M per year is asking you to donate to their cause, and then pull that ****. Sad thing is there's probably enough people to step in and sign up for it.

Back to thinking this season isn't happening lol. Apparently a P5 school is about to opt out?

MIchigan is asking season ticket holders for 2020 to convert those payments into donations this year.

Come on maaaaaaaan

Just about every school in the country is asking the same thing. At least that way you can count it as a tax deduction.

While I tend to agree that college athletic programs have gotten way to full of themselves I do feel bad for the admin folks, support staff, GA's and lower on the totem pole assistants who this will affect the most.

Back to thinking this season isn't happening lol. Apparently a P5 school is about to opt out?
It’s a couple P5 schools where football doesn’t mean as much to them as ppl think is does....I actually work at one where the research faculty basically calling the shots and they been questioning how and why the school planning for sports but still don’t got a plan for fall academics :lol:

It’s a couple P5 schools where football doesn’t mean as much to them as ppl think is does....I actually work at one where the research faculty basically calling the shots and they been questioning how and why the school planning for sports but still don’t got a plan for fall academics :lol:
Giving up on that revenue sharing for the TV deal is the biggest L for all schools. With exorbitant spending and coaching salaries so many of them need that money. The leverage is really all in the players’ hands right now. Looking to see how it shakes out. Not expecting these conferences to share the revenue with them, but I do think something powerful could happen if all the guys sat.

Giving up on that revenue sharing for the TV deal is the biggest L for all schools. With exorbitant spending and coaching salaries so many of them need that money. The leverage is really all in the players’ hands right now. Looking to see how it shakes out. Not expecting these conferences to share the revenue with them, but I do think something powerful could happen if all the guys sat.
Yup the share of the conference payouts is all schools like Duke, GA Tech, Vanderbilt , Boston College, Kansas, Rutgers etc care about, they just want the check and to run out the season...Game results, pro prospects, traditions, recruiting etc thats affected by playing the games or not is low on their radars most years

And yea you right, best time for the players to take a stand and demand stuff right now ...Opens up negotiations, might not get exactly what you want but should be able to get extra benefits if the conferences wanna force this weird season

SEC releasing their cross-division added teams at 5...

Speculation A&M now got Florida and Tennessee. Off.

SEC releasing their cross-division added teams at 5...

Speculation A&M now got Florida and Tennessee. Off.
Here's the full SEC schedule. It's annoying that Alabama's complaining got them their way but I'm happy Georgia got an easy draw.

It seems like the SEC went out of their way to bury bad teams like Arkansas and Missouri.

They weren’t trying to bury anyone, but they’re obviously making an effort to prop up their 3 primary tent poles.

Literally all the SEC’s new coaches caught a huge middle finger with this schedule. :lol: :lol:

Seems like a very wordy roundabout way to say he opted out.
Trey Scott confirmed that Xavier Thomas opted out of the year, worth noting because it feels like Dabo’s wording that I’ve seen tried to paint it as a team decision to hold him out.

Back
Top Bottom