OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s hilarious that during the mvp award discussion, “you can’t give it to Lebron, he has a top 5 player on his squad!”

but all season long when discussing matchups & the playoffs, “yeah the lakers might have two of the top 3 guys in a series but the other team has the better 3-10.”

is it oochie Wally or One Mic?
dudes still dont realize that 3-10 dont matter when 1 and 2 are exponentially better than 3-10

Almost 10-12 pages of Bron slander. While y’all didn’t keep that same energy when Kawhi lost to Denver. You hate to see it

Over half of that is posters like yourself copping pleas while the Kawhi fans said, you're right and kept it pushing. Weird how that works

Giannis had the greatest statistical season since WILT CHAMBERLAIN, he should have gotten no less that 95 of the 101 1st place votes. We need to question the 16 who voted for Lebby not the other way around.

Lebron is too high on the goat list to be copping pleas

You top 3 bruh,

A DPOY ain’t gonna put you over MJ or Kareem

AD/Bron saying what harden already said. Common sense the media run with narratives

Ramona, one of the voters, essentially said is exact same thing a couple of months ago. We've known this for years. Why do you think Karl Malone beat Jordan for MVP or Derrick Rose beat LeBron for MVP? Immediate members are literally sitting around thinking "who makes the better story?" when voting for awards. I definitely think Giannis deserved MVP but let's not act like the narrative didn't play a part in it.

Now with voter fatigue playing a part and two consecutive playoff failures, Giannis won't win MVP next year no matter how well he plays or how good his team is.

I also think that voter fatigue plays a big role in it as well. This is why Jordan and LeBron don't have more MVPs

What narrative does Giannis have this year though?
He was easily the best player on the best team.
Bron does not have an argument for winning over him

The narrative that all these dynamic duos paired up (Lakers, Clips, Rockets) and that he had Kris Middleton who's a tier or 2 in AD's case below (PG and Russ) in most people's minds. And they lost an integral piece in Brogdon.

I’d have voted for Ingram over Graham for MIP but if Graham had won it wouldn’t have been a crime. My knock on Graham is he is a 2nd year player, and he played for a trash team in the east. I think a lot of voters justifiably overlook 2nd year guys because of the expected jump in usage and minutes. Putting up meaningless points on a bad team isn’t that impressive. Graham balled out though.

🤔🤔🤔

BEEN KNOWING.
team construction > having better depth
It's funny, the media has been so obsessed with this idea of "who is the Lakers third best player?" and "outside of AD and LeBron, who is scoring for the Lakers?" Just because the Lakers don't have a third 20 ppg doesn't mean that they can't score. LeBron and AD combined for 52 points last night and we still scored 126. It's a team effort with the role players and when you combine the elite defense, you don't need another guy taking a ton of shots. Everyone just knows their role

Giannis had the greatest statistical season since WILT CHAMBERLAIN, he should have gotten no less that 95 of the 101 1st place votes. We need to question the 16 who voted for Lebby not the other way around.
You should vote to change the name of the award to MSP then bro

Most
STATISTICAL
Player

Lol

I’d have voted for Ingram over Graham for MIP but if Graham had won it wouldn’t have been a crime. My knock on Graham is he is a 2nd year player, and he played for a trash team in the east. I think a lot of voters justifiably overlook 2nd year guys because of the expected jump in usage and minutes. Putting up meaningless points on a bad team isn’t that impressive. Graham balled out though.

isn’t this what Ingram did too? :lol:

my pick for most improved before the year was Bam.
he deserved 3rd team all nba over Rudy too *shrug*

Sorry to break it to ya
New orleans was a trash team

More minutes or not that jump DTae made was impressive and unexpected. I don’t think anyone expected him to be the Hornets best player this year.
Bam would’ve been my pick though.

You should vote to change the name of the award to MSP then bro

Most
STATISTICAL
Player

Lol

The award has 90% of the time been the player with the best numbers on the top 3 teams in the league (save Nash and Russ). Is this another lesson in basketball you need to learn?

SmartSelect_20200919-033415_Chrome.gif

Anybody else lowers the shoulder and runs someone over, that's an easy charge.
If this happened to bron, it would be a charge.
I've been going back and forth with my boy all night about this.
This is football mixed with star treatment.
He's been getting this call multiple times a game for 17 years. He got 3 points on a play that he should've gotten zero and a foul. When you get away with this for 17 years, you have no choice but to lead the league in scoring.
My boy swears LeBron is the goat but I've never been overly impressed by his game and my boy swears I'm just hating. I'll admit that LeBron is the greatest tight end in nba history but I'll never call him the goat in the game I love.
“I've never been overly impressed by his game”
1600533747146.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom