OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't ****in get these goofy *** bigoted Americans who are against people standing up for **** just because it's not something they feel impacts them.

I'm not a woman but if a women's league went on strike because they want justice for a sexual assault victim I'd support it. If Dominican players in the MLB said they're not playing any games because they're protesting a war in their country I'd support it and I don't watch baseball nor am I Dominican.

People really are so narcissistic in this country that they're offended that people stand for something that doesn't affect their day to day lives.

On Sportscenter Woj basically said that the players are at high risk of having their current collective bargaining agreement pulled for striking and would have to renegotiate a new one in the future where players could be hurt by things like lower salary caps. If the owners reaction to this is financial punishment my 20+ years of fandom may be up

On Sportscenter Woj basically said that the players are at high risk of having their current collective bargaining agreement pulled for striking and would have to renegotiate a new one in the future where players could be hurt by things like lower salary caps. If the owners reaction to this is financial punishment my 20+ years of fandom may be up

if the owners flex tomorrow it will get real interesting.

what do you mean by your fandom will be up?

if the owners flex tomorrow it will get real interesting.

what do you mean by your fandom will be up?

I couldn't support a league where the owners who make the most revenue off the fans didn't support the players standing up for social issues. It's that "shut up and dribble" mentality and I don't like that ****.

I'm not saying NBA players should be able to protest for 12 months with no repercussions but if the NBA owner's responses become "oh you're not gonna play? Then your salaries next year will be way lower" then I'm not watching anymore.

To be fair, the players electing to not play (whether it be for COVID concerns or to fight social injustice) and the CBA getting ripped up was a concern prior to The Restart.

I can see Lebron being angry but not because he doesn't support the cause but more so because he's looked at by a lot of people as the face of the league. Which you have to admit is true even if you hate him. If this went down in Jordan's day and he hypothetically supported a boycott, you better believe he'd be livid that he wasn't informed in advance.

The bucks don’t owe anybody a thing

There's a new face if the league though...and he's the MVP and DPOY

tenor.gif

Plus that light skin dude

giphy.gif

I would say they are as equally faces of the league as LeBron

I couldn't support a league where the owners who make the most revenue off the fans didn't support the players standing up for social issues. It's that "shut up and dribble" mentality and I don't like that ****.

I'm not saying NBA players should be able to protest for 12 months with no repercussions but if the NBA owner's responses become "oh you're not gonna play? Then your salaries next year will be way lower" then I'm not watching anymore.

I see what you mean. . It’s going to be interesting so many people involved with their own independent ideas. I hope the players get all their money and secure their future.

But with ratings down and covid financial impacts some owners might wild out. Can’t blame the players ...however they choose to proceed.

I don't think it's a coincidence that suddenly sports are around the corner and all these athletes have been making headlines today. They setting up the play early for how this about to play out. Expect some wild **** to take place in both the NBA and NFL this year.

We might end up seeing something like what the Clippers/Warriors were about to do back in 2014 (allegedly). And on the flip side I can't imagine what the proud boys in the nfl got planned...and how Hovi P. Newton will combat that.

Cold thing about Dom Smith today is he was the only player on either team to kneel before the game. Not a single teammate kneeled or at least put their damn hands on him. I love baseball but hate the overwhelming white unwritten rule culture that continues to run MLB. Was surprised to see a couple of games postponed today.

NBA is the best league in the world and players are really empowered. I’m interested to see what comes out of the meetings tomorrow morning.

I don't ****in get these goofy *** bigoted Americans who are against people standing up for **** just because it's not something they feel impacts them.

I'm not a woman but if a women's league went on strike because they want justice for a sexual assault victim I'd support it. If Dominican players in the MLB said they're not playing any games because they're protesting a war in their country I'd support it and I don't watch baseball nor am I Dominican.

People really are so narcissistic in this country that they're offended that people stand for something that doesn't affect their day to day lives.

This country is generally selfish & with each passing day, more uneducated. Some choose to be willfully ignorant but I know for others, they simply weren't taught history as it really happened. For me personally, being a white kid growing up in a predominantly white town & going to predominantly white schools, I know some details were left out of my textbooks. In no way am I making excuses or trying to dismiss the situation.

I acknowledge that I can't, and never will be, able to feel what it's like to be a black man or woman in this country but I'm with each and every one of you. Being black in America shouldn't ever be a death sentence. All lives can't matter until Black Lives Matter.

I'm hopeful that my generation is the one to create real change with leaders like Jaylen Brown paving the way. We need more young people in positions of power. We need more people of color in positions of power. Defund the police. Reform the education system. Arrest the killers of Breonna Taylor.

And please vote on November 3rd.

This country is generally selfish & with each passing day, more uneducated. Some choose to be willfully ignorant but I know for others, they simply weren't taught history as it really happened. For me personally, being a white kid growing up in a predominantly white town & going to predominantly white schools, I know some details were left out of my textbooks. In no way am I making excuses or trying to dismiss the situation.

I acknowledge that I can't, and never will be, able to feel what it's like to be a black man or woman in this country but I'm with each and every one of you. Being black in America shouldn't ever be a death sentence. All lives can't matter until Black Lives Matter.

I'm hopeful that my generation is the one to create real change with leaders like Jaylen Brown paving the way. We need more young people in positions of power. We need more people of color in positions of power. Defund the police. Reform the education system. Arrest the killers of Breonna Taylor.

And please vote on November 3rd.
D62A4350-2D2A-4602-9D0D-E88E0AB09BE2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom