OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the most i've ever watched AD play, does he always act like he's been shot in the face when gets hit?

Yes. This is why he had the label of being injury prone. In New Orleans he led the league in going into the locker room and coming right back out.

the heat got their backs blown out at full strength in game 1
Adjustments would've been made as always :lol:

You guys lost game 1's the first few rounds but that didn't reflect much on the series did it though?

At the end of the day the better team is coming through in the end over a full series, I can't be too mad about that especially with the effort on display

KCP is really bailing out Bron. Wow.

Apparently anyone other than LeBron making a play is being "bailed out" 🤷🏿‍♂️.

Do people literally think that Michael Jordan or other greats scored or assisted on every single basket of the game and if their teammates made a shot they were being bailed out? It's weird that LeBron is the only superstar that's hell to this insane standard

Do people literally think that Michael Jordan or other greats scored or assisted on every single basket of the game and if their teammates made a shot they were being bailed out? It's weird that LeBron is the only superstar that's hell to this insane standard

I was speaking in hyperbole as DC would say :lol: When I posted that KCP was hitting big shots down the stretch....when Bron was settling for those step backs. FWIW - If NT was around back then, I would have said Kerr and Paxson bailed out MJ :lol:

Bron plus Davis is just too much. Plus laker role players are hitting their shots half of the time. Heat could not get a rythm and they needed Butler to play like he did last game. Almost seemed like they were playing pickup ball. Do y'all consider this an asterisk ring?

You must not have watched Michael Jordan play. He scored every point in the 4th quarter and played with a bunch of scrubs

what's wrong with your balls bron hahaha

Untitled.jpg

I was speaking in hyperbole as DC would say :lol: When I posted that KCP was hitting big shots down the stretch....when Bron was settling for those step backs. FWIW - If NT was around back then, I would have said Kerr and Paxson bailed out MJ :lol:

"James Worthy stays bailing out Magic, Larry Bird would have taken that shot!" 🤦🏿‍♂️

source.gif

Seriously though, you need contributions from the "others" to win championships.

MJ had Paxson and Kerr.

In that Game 7 Cavs won at Oracle Lebby and Myrie did there thing but JR hit some huge 3s as well.

KCP for the Lakers tonight.

Yea AD made up for that passive first half offensively with his defense,man was elite on that end before coming through with some big points down the stretch.

Made it real hard for Jimmy to do what he does best when he was putting a body on him every time he thought of hitting the paint

:smh:
The q4 play that stood out was when he was Iso’d on AD and he dribbled for 7 seconds never interested in attacking, dribble handoff to K Nunn with 3 sec on the shot clock, AD switched to Nunn blocked his layup... bad possession by jimmy and left Nunn to dry

There was a few like that. Jimmy basically wouldn’t take a shot in the 4th unless he had a lay-up/dunk.

Lakers figured out some counter-adjustments to Heat changed defensively. And I don’t see Jimmy spazzing again, particularly if AD stays his primary defender. Lakers wrap this up relatively easily next game, tough as the Heat are.
That's fair too, but they are still holding LA to low 100s in these last couple games. The Dragic injury really is a killer to them though. Was their leading scorer coming into the series. When you take him out of the equation, you're left with Jimmy (who doesn't shoot 3s) and the youngest playoff starter ever as your only guys that can create anything off the dribble. They don't even get to the finals without his play.

Depends on who opts out on the team (Rondo, Javale, KCP, Bradley) and Dwight, and what they want to do with Kuzma and Green.

Fair. Any guys you have in mind?

This entire year I felt like the Lakers were missing a piece and they still will win it all.

I don't think they can pull it off next year without some good moves. But no other team really "scares" me. Maybe Golden State depending on what they pull off.

Any idea what #23’s +/- was?

-2 tonight

AD is +24 for the series (and that's with the -26 from Game 3)
Bron is +11 for the series

AD +50 in the wins
Bron +15 in the wins

As I've said the entire playoffs, the team goes as he goes.

Can't think of anyone else in the world who'd be catching heat posting Finals #'s like that a game away from a chip :lol:

Wouldn't even be a discussion about MVP if AD wasn't doing AD things but dude still leads them in points, assists and rebounds regardless :lol: :sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom