OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

Also, people who avoided looking for employment because they were satisfied with the $600 would just regret it later on anyways. The job market is already super competitive with the high level of unemployment, so imagine applying for jobs in 2-3 months when they're even more dried up.

I'd take a job over the $600 any day, so if someone wanted to chill and collect that $600 instead of working go for it. Make it easier for someone who wants a job to get one.

I've said this before.

The $600 was nice.

Helped people pay some bills, maybe even catch up on some previous debt.

But nobody who lost their job who wasn't already living check to check were getting rich off this.

And to complain about this being an incentive not to go back to work reflects more on the employers than employees.

Exactly. If fair wages were paid, that 1.2k every two weeks would’ve been nothing.

Last edited:
Also, people who avoided looking for employment because they were satisfied with the $600 would just regret it later on anyways. The job market is already super competitive with the high level of unemployment, so imagine applying for jobs in 2-3 months when they're even more dried up.

I'd take a job over the $600 any day, so if someone wanted to chill and collect that $600 instead of working go for it. Make it easier for someone who wants a job to get one.

At part time, temp, or minimum wage pay that all I've been offered?.? Why risk you health for these trash jobs that should already be paying more. Or even worse getting shot or stabbed because you asked someone to put a mask on before they could enter the store?.? I'll make it on my own, gigwalk app just paid me almost $100 for taking 3 surveys in an hour and a half.over double what I'll get with Tecas UI. I'll just playing it day by day, I just cant see them not doing something even turtleneck has backed off. Its really down to WH and Pelosi at this point IMO.

At part time, temp, or minimum wage pay that all I've been offered?.? Why risk you health for these trash jobs that should already be paying more. Or even worse getting shot or stabbed because you asked someone to put a mask on before they could enter the store?.? I'll make it on my own, gigwalk app just paid me almost $100 for taking 3 surveys in an hour and a half.over double what I'll get with Tecas UI. I'll just playing it day by day, I just cant see them not doing something even turtleneck has backed off. Its really down to WH and Pelosi at this point IMO.
What’s gigwalk app?

What’s gigwalk app?

It's a gig app, signed up when it first launched couple years back never many gigs then (they base it on you're location) so some other places may be better than others.
Either they pay you to survey stores and take pictures of certain items in stock or not (the lower paying gigs) 5 to 10 bucks or they offer surveys for new products or website testers. They hit from 25 to 50 bucks and are normally only 30 minutes. Simple stuff. Once approved they cash you out. It's really been picking up too.

unnamed.png
Screenshot_20200807-034027_Gigwalk.jpg

I've said this before.

The $600 was nice.

Helped people pay some bills, maybe even catch up on some previous debt.

But nobody who lost their job who wasn't already living check to check were getting rich off this.

And to complain about this being an incentive not to go back to work reflects more on the employers than employees.
I know more people under 25 who lived with parents caking off unemployment stimulus than I do adults with actual responsibilities. Students and scammers made out big off that pandemic unemployment finesse :smokin

I'm still shocked yall think the IRS ain't here to get you.

Its their job to collect money.

I think the 1kers are safe as well.

I still think they will come for people who got the 10k.

You got a milly, they coming for EVERYTHING!

IRS only cares about enforcing the Internal Revenue Code. That's it. They don't pursue issues of potential common fraud.

If you meet their threshold for assets/income while coloring outside the lines, there's a chance the IRS will discover it and if they do, then yea it's a cold, methodical wrap for you.

Honestly the IRS don't got **** on the California Franchise Tax Board.

California FTB will catch scent of you flourishing and bring out the forensics out of spite. Go on a treasure hunt to see what you MIGHT have been up to, and generally just be nasty about it every step of the process.

**** them. :lol:

Anyone out here acting extra extra flagrant in securing this SBA money should be more concerned with the FBI than the IRS. Dead serious.

They need to update in the new stimulus that babies born in 2020 can get the 500 faster man. Not just saying that because I had one... I’m ok.

But I know multiple ladies that are single parents n had a baby this year and that 500 can help with diapers n milk or whatever is needed. Waiting until tax time just crazy to me

is kanye still giving a million per child to parents as a stimulus, cause um... i might have to take him up on that...

They need to update in the new stimulus that babies born in 2020 can get the 500 faster man. Not just saying that because I had one... I’m ok.

But I know multiple ladies that are single parents n had a baby this year and that 500 can help with diapers n milk or whatever is needed. Waiting until tax time just crazy to me
thats what WIC and food stamps are meant for

but when push comes to shove , ppl dont care enough to put others ahead of themselves in our society

Ironically funny to me too, so when this money stops there will be riots & looting too probably. All because they couldnt just say give them 1200 for August or extend UI and we'll see where things are at I'm same boat as you, $400.00 cell $200.00 power $1800 mortgage not even including food. Today is my last UI enhanced benefit check one week with the 600fed the other not (1 day cost me $600. And I'm struggling single with no kids no wifey, cant imagine worrying about being able to feed your own kids. I put it off long enough, wanted to leave it for people who needed it more than me, but I'm applying for food stamps today. F it. Only income this month is gonna get is $186 a week from now on because I'm an independant contractor. I'd do better pan handling. $744 a month just ain't gonna cut it not for me or anyone else in my shoes.

You're single, no kids, and your cell phone bill is $400/month!?? How Sway!!??

Regardless, keep your head up bro...

Looks like some of that stuff aint making it.
hazard Pay being one of them. 😡

So basically they gave people on UI like 200% of their salary to stay at home while the people who were out working during the chaos got 100%. Makes sense

giphy.gif

And that's not me knocking the people getting the +$600. Glad they were eating.

Stimulating the economy is not giving everyone $1200 over 6 months. Feel like that money will go towards savings, bills, etc. for the most part. Especially if folks feel like that's all the government is letting go.

So basically they gave people on UI like 200% of their salary to stay at home while the people who were out working during the chaos got 100%. Makes sense

giphy.gif

Stimulating the economy is not giving everyone $1200 over 6 months. Feel like that money will go towards savings, bills, etc. for the most part. Especially if folks feel like that's all the government is letting go.

Politicians purposely didn't give hazard pay so that they could have the support of working people at a time like now where they're trying their best not to extend the additional benefits. You personally didn't mind unemployed people getting that extra $600 but there's a lot of others who looked at it like "that money should be mine. You're not even working."

In reality, our unemployment systems are dated AF and that's the main issue. They don't have an automated system or enough employees to efficiently calculate how much everyone was making and then give them 75% or their salary to get them by.

That's why they just said F it, give everyone $600 and dudes who were making $400 a week and lost their job were now making more than double to not work. But then people who made over $1k a week are being punished now because of the ones who were making less and it's just a political **** show at this point.

giphy.gif

I’m surprised that essential workers in customer service/retail based places didn’t stage mass walkouts. Especially at smaller companies. Working during a global pandemic, being around customers every day, many who aren’t taking things seriously and who will get chatty with you when you tell them they have to wear a mask. You’re potentially exposing yourself to covid everyday and all for minimum wage or slightly above. I don’t see how they didn’t do mass walkouts and refuse to go back until they got hazard pay.

I told a friend of mine back in March who worked at a grocery store by me to just get fired for performance reasons so that he can get unemployment since he wouldn’t get it if he quit. He gave me the wrong amount of change back when I bought stuff in a way which benefited me and he intentionally messed up random tasks and duties to make them look like an accident. They canned him in early April, just in time to start getting the weekly $600 lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom