OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? Going West feels like career suicide unless it’s USC or Oregon.
Yeah, most people seem to think he's headed to VA Tech. But ASU insiders have maintained since early fall that ASU is his dream job :lol:

I’d like to laugh at Mullen for getting fired…. But then I read he will immediately make $6 million, and then $1 million each year after for the next 6 years. :sick:

There’s gonna be a lot of big time job openings at once coming up. Some of these schools are going to end up with their 4th-5th choices and be looking for a new coach in 3-4 years

3-8 Nebraska opens as 4 point favorites against 9-2 Iowa this weekend, that’s wild.

If Nebraska loses this game by 6 or less they will go 1-8 in B1G play with a positive point differential :lol:

3-8 Nebraska opens as 4 point favorites against 9-2 Iowa this weekend, that’s wild.

If Nebraska loses this game by 6 or less they will go 1-8 in B1G play with a positive point differential :lol:
That’s either really poor luck or really poor coaching.

probably some combo of both.

Is Miami going to open or does the AD firing buy Manny one more year?
Miami’s going to open and they’re all in on Cristobal.

sounds like they’re about to hire Tom Jurich as AD with Alonzo Highsmith in a Head of Football Ops Role. Highsmith is Cristobal’s idol/mentor who he actually tried to hire in Oregon after the Browns let him go.

Yeah, most people seem to think he's headed to VA Tech. But ASU insiders have maintained since early fall that ASU is his dream job :lol:
I hope not that same guy who me and you laugh about all the time :lol:. The super fan.

I mentioned to tupac003 tupac003 and dacomeup dacomeup but a bunch of people (not any paid writers or insiders) all suddenly saying today it’s not going to be Fickell. One paid insider implied that SC’s been negotiating with candidates except Fickell’s playoff run probably prevents that being him.

Sounds like SC is moving forward with someone and finalizing it this week. Lines up with the “by December 3” timeline they’ve been telling Domani Jackson and Mykel Williams. Apparently “they” being someone in the AD who Domani’s been speaking to directly over the current coaching staff, which is… well…

Unpopular opinion:

This was always going to be a rebuilding year and it’s a cluttered carousel. Unless they plan to reach on a young up and comer coach, then Florida should have hired a new DC and rolled with Mullen one more season to see how things shake out. Mullen isn’t the guy but I think the timing is off, and if you’re firing him after one bad season you can fire him next year after 8-4.

As is, they’re going to hire someone like Dan Quinn that the fan base is gonna be meh about (though I think Quinn could be a good hire.)

No shot Auburn gets back into the market already right?

They're in a weird spot. Most Auburn fans didn't want Harsins in the first place. In fact, the administration forced him to keep certain staff members from Malzahn's tenure.

Harsins was an uninspired hire who isn't improving them on the field and is doing a poor job recruiting. The best option would be for him to take the Washington job

Harsin’s a guy who doesn’t make sense outside the PNW. And there were a ton of people who were surprised he’d jump at Auburn when a bunch of west coast jobs were destined to come open soon. Check the 2020 thread and even back then elpablo21 elpablo21 and I were speculating Lake wouldn’t be long for the position.

That said, this past season on and off the field hurt his stock. I really don’t think UW touches him with his Covid stances and some of the other stuff. I can’t remember if Harsin ended up getting vaxxed a few weeks back when it was an issue, but if he’s not, then he literally can not work in Washington state so there’s no discussion to be had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom