OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s good to know I’m this clueless on the cost of a billboard.

A little 5k population town 3 hours from creation needs $10k for a billboard? GD, how much are people paying to advertise on billboards in DFW or LA or anywhere else that’s actually on a map?

Edit: my apologies to the people of Muleshoe, they’re only a little over an hour outside of Lubbock, if you wanna count that as “creation.”
Lol so I'm friends with a girl whose dad owns the rights to almost every billboard in a major northeastern city (I'm being vague because it'd probably be easy to google names) and people have to rent ad space from him when they want to put billboards up in the city or on the roads.

Dude is worth like 8-9 figures. So I know there's money in that industry. Even for **** **** like this :lol:

Last edited:
These kids, man... :lol: :lol:

Established COVID Freshman QB. Check.
Jack Miller. Check.
Five-Star #2 QB in 2021. Check.
Quinn Ewers. Check.

All Freshmen.

But... Sure. Sign up to transfer in two years. :lol:

You can't blame Ohio State for continuing to recruit high level QBs. The rule of thumb in recruiting is to get a QB every single class. Also, with the transfer portal, even if you lose the QB battle, there's very little consequence to it because you can just leave and you don't have to sit out of here.

More than likely these kids will compete for the job, someone will win and then the guys who don't win will transfer. It'll figure itself out and you can't blame the kid for wanting to compete.

Georgia had JT Daniels, then they continued to recruit Brock vandergriff (another top 50 QB) and they have Gunner Stockton ( another top 50 QB) coming in next year and they're recruiting arch Manning in 2023. That's just how the game is now.

Look at Clemson, they went all in on DJU assuming he would be their QB of the future and when he doesn't perform well, they have nowhere to turn to this season and they're pinning their hopes on true freshman next year.

You can't blame Ohio State for continuing to recruit high level QBs. The rule of thumb in recruiting is to get a QB every single class. Also, with the transfer portal, even if you lose the QB battle, there's very little consequence to it because you can just leave and you don't have to sit out of here.

More than likely these kids will compete for the job, someone will win and then the guys who don't win will transfer. It'll figure itself out and you can't blame the kid for wanting to compete.

Georgia had JT Daniels, then they continued to recruit Brock vandergriff (another top 50 QB) and they have Gunner Stockton ( another top 50 QB) coming in next year and they're recruiting arch Manning in 2023. That's just how the game is now.

Look at Clemson, they went all in on DJU assuming he would be their QB of the future and when he doesn't perform well, they have nowhere to turn to this season and they're pinning their hopes on true freshman next year.
Don't make the homie Casper put hands on you for that DJ slight.

Don't make the homie Casper put hands on you for that DJ slight.

🤣🤣🤣

He's still a young guy with potential. I think we're still used to seeing freshman come into college and dominate that we forget that most freshmen QBs struggle.

Clemson's mistake was not recruiting a top QB in the class immediately after DJs. In an attempt to not give DJ competition, they kind of screwed themselves over by not having a quality backup QB.

Did the same thing with Trevor Lawrence, they didn't recruit the QB in the class after his, obviously it worked out but it's a huge risk. You can't rely on every five-star QB you recruit to be a generational talent. You look at every five-star QB over the last decade, there's a 50/50 shot that they pan out. Clemson was fortunate to have two generational QBs back to back

Official. I love black coaches but I hope it’s a disaster :frown:

0C22347F-AB8D-4B91-ACE1-610823C5DDDD.gif

Clemson's mistake was not recruiting a top QB in the class immediately after DJs. In an attempt to not give DJ competition, they kind of screwed themselves over by not having a quality backup QB.
It’s documented that it’s not easy to recruit a top QB the class after landing an elite one. Don’t think that’s by design per se on Clemson’s end.

Who is **** Corbett and why is his name on Marcus Freeman's announcement graphic?

:lol:

They gotta plaster some old, rich white dude on there?

Some schools have these big boosters who pay to have their name attached to the position. I think he made like a 40m gift to the school. There's some other schools that have done it as well but I can't remember them at the moment

Unless FSU or UF is involved, I agree.
If he went to Miami or UF I wouldn't root for him to fail. I would hope that he lost to FSU every year of course, but outside of that I wouldn't actively root against him.

The coach would have to be a real dickhead these days to have me actually hope that you don't do well at a school

So he's the **** Corbett Head Coach of Notre Dame Football.

:lol: People do wild **** for a buck.

Michigan state's basketball coach is sponsored by Rocket Mortgage. Nothing is sacred anymore, everything is for sale

My brother, how could you say such things? Some things are bigger than our favorite teams
Fine. I hope they go 11-1 for several years in a row with the 1 being a loss to SC then he leaves for the NFL and they hire Charlie Weis’s son.

11-1…

frick-all-that.gif

Last edited:
If he went to Miami or UF I wouldn't root for him to fail. I would hope that he lost to FSU every year of course, but outside of that I wouldn't actively root against him.

The coach would have to be a real dickhead these days to have me actually hope that you don't do well at a school
You’re better than me. I wanted Willie to fail from Day 1 :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom