OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Said against Wazzu they ran the ball 47 times, passed 22 times. He was in for 6 pass plays and 5 of them were checkdowns to the running back, 6th was a sack. Receivers were out there just getting cardio :lol:

Oregon RB's caught 33% of passes on the season and said it was because of Mario's philosophy.

dacomeup dacomeup @Verde Shuttles y'all enjoy that :lol:

The names that have been linked to the job are completely different than what offenses looked like at Oregon. Not worried in the slightest

N41D N41D just following up on your earlier question:

1639814410251.jpeg

Currently at 9th in the conference with two 5 stars.

And there are still two more 5 stars and three 4 stars were in the mix for in Feb. It’ll be a small class but I think even right now the average ranking per recruit is too 10. And that’s including a 2 star punter that signed in the average.

N41D N41D just following up on your earlier question:

1639814410251.jpeg

Currently at 9th in the conference with two 5 stars.

And there are still two more 5 stars and three 4 stars were in the mix for in Feb. It’ll be a small class but I think even right now the average ranking per recruit is too 10. And that’s including a 2 star punter that signed in the average.
So still not ASU bad level as @N41D’s original question was actually getting to…even if he didn’t know it at the time.

Close, though.

Riley’s gonna clean up with the 2023 class (very nicely), but seems like you know 2022 might leave some big gaps. Think Riley and crew are gonna be smart enough to fill the gaps of this HS class with decent transfers/Jucos.

Last edited:
So still not ASU as @N41D’s original question was actually getting to…got it.

Close, though.
I think he meant USC but didn’t realize ASU is worse. I think they have one 4 star signee and the future isn’t bright for them. Kids don’t want to sign when the whole staff could be booted at any moment.

They have 4-5 assistant coaches suspended but not fired and Herm and Pierce still working but all are implicated in direct pay for play and improper benefits stuff: credit card statements showing them buying flights, hotel rooms, and having kids on campus during Covid dead periods. Even a photo of Herm with a recruit in the weight room during a workout.

Side note:

it’s looking like the coaches are going to succeed in pressuring the NCAA into ending/moving the Early Signing Day and changing the transfer portal rules from what they are now. They’re trying to press them into creating a “transfer portal period” so kids can’t leave mid season. Changes could be as early as next year.

The coaching changes this season coupled with the player movement has a lot of coaches/ADs spooked.

They’re trying to press them into creating a “transfer portal period” so kids can’t leave mid season.
I think this would benefit players and schools. Imagine committing and signing with a school and 2-3 weeks later Quinn Ewers transfers in lol

I think a transfer period needs to be set before signing day, so recruits AND teams can make more sound decisions.

I think he meant USC but didn’t realize ASU is worse. I think they have one 4 star signee and the future isn’t bright for them. Kids don’t want to sign when the whole staff could be booted at any moment.

They have 4-5 assistant coaches suspended but not fired and Herm and Pierce still working but all are implicated in direct pay for play and improper benefits stuff: credit card statements showing them buying flights, hotel rooms, and having kids on campus during Covid dead periods. Even a photo of Herm with a recruit in the weight room during a workout.
ASU is effed for sure. There’s some damning evidence about them wildly giving middle fingers to rules, especially during COVID times.

Edited my post probably between you seeing the original post and me correcting my reply.

Helton’s departure left y’all a huge hole to dig out of. The ‘22 class is gonna have to rely heavy on transfers/Jucos to have depth-level difference making guys. Riley has done great flipping a couple guys so far. But there’s a big hole to fill with the rest of the ‘22 class before his high level ‘23 class comes in. That ‘23 class is obviously gonna be top 5 just based off the offensive talent in SoCal waiting to come on board (along with the guys already committed).

kid committed to SCar as part of a misdirection to create drama and Beamer’s salty:

“I can’t say it’s a surprise,” Beamer said, during his Early Signing Period press conference. “This particular young man committed on Saturday (and) about 10 minutes later, I got a call from somebody in the know up there that said, just so you know, it’s all part of a plan. He’s going to flip on Wednesday, to go to Maryland. … I can’t sit here and tell you that I was shocked, but when you’re on the phone with a young man, as recently (or) as late as 10:30, 11 o’clock (Tuesday) night – he and the mom were telling me how they’re so thankful they found a home.

“How appreciative they are for how we do things, how they knew South Carolina was the place for them on his very first visit to South Carolina and how excited they are for the future, to be feeling pretty good about things. Certainly, the young man you’re referring to, some strange things happened overnight, but that’s a story for another day.

“We got the right people here in this program that signed today, guys that you can win with. You win with people, and we certainly got the right guys here today, for sure.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom