OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
teach this old guy how to put a tweet up like this? Select embed tweet and paste it here?

Always been worried to do this as if its going to give you access to my account. But it won't?

Just copy the link of the tweet and then hit the hyperlink button in the toolbar and paste it

teach this old guy how to put a tweet up like this? Select embed tweet and paste it here?

Always been worried to do this as if its going to give you access to my account. But it won't?
Damn you’re washed

So SC basically traded Trigg and Dart for Riley, Mario and Caleb Williams?

If Caleb doesn’t end up at Miami yeah…

Damn, baby, I thought we already learnt you? Lol.

I remember you asking before lol

trash-computer.gif

yo, 95% of the time when I'm on this site, its on my MacBook Pro.

You should see me right now. Trying to figure out how to pair my AirPod Max to my tv right now and I'm getting mad. **** is too confusing.

Darnell is far from a perfect prospect. He's 6 ft 8, 275 lbs. He should either lose 25 lbs, work on his route running and explosiveness and become an elite TE or gain 25 lbs, get stronger and become a fleet of foot OT prospect.

He doesn't get great separation and he's a sloppy route runner, his game is too dependent on just being bigger than defenders.

That being said, he still has a lot of potential and I could see Lincoln Riley coming up w/ some great schemes to utilize him.
He’s not going to become a elite TE lol. Dropping 25 pounds isn’t going to solve that, he’s just not that type of athlete at his size. He’s grown into his body more as an adult too. The kid hates to hear it but his money position is tackle. Cautionary tale is Ty Wheatley JR. Out grew TE and spent years playing TE to now be trying to learn tackle as a pro.

He’s not going to become a elite TE lol. Dropping 25 pounds isn’t going to solve that, he’s just not that type of athlete at his size. He’s grown into his body more as an adult too. The kid hates to hear it but his money position is tackle. Cautionary tale is Ty Wheatley JR. Out grew TE and spent years playing TE to now be trying to learn tackle as a pro.

Cam Clear is another example too. Kid would have made a lot of money at OT.

I don't believe that. Mack Brown is a better recruiter then say, Matt Campbell. But is he a better coach than Campbell? No.

Dabo. He recruits well but he isn't a better coach than Harbaugh if they both had the same team.

Staffs have a lot to do with recruiting. We can't give the HC all the credit. Kirby has a great staff. Better than Harbaugh, would you agree.

Its subjective though because what we are doing is essentially saying give both coaches the exact same roster, who is better?

I think Kirby is a hell of a defensive coach. In my opinion, its hard to determine who is better than the 2 because, being real, Harbaugh hasn't had the same talent as Kirby, and thats not all on Harbaugh. How many Florida/Texas type of players can Harbaugh get to go up to Ann Arbor?

I will just say both coaches are good and not pick a side.
The whole "if you give XYZ coach Alabama or Georgia talent, they would be doing the same thing" argument is invalid because they would never have Alabama or Georgia talent.

The thing is Harbaugh would never have Kirby's roster because he would never be able to recruit on that level. Urban Meyer convinced all those Texas in Florida kids to go to cold a** Columbus, Ohio. I'm not trying to hear any excuses about why Michigan can't do the same. Urban Meyer was able to take the SEC recruiting philosophy and infrastructure to the Midwest. That is part of his job as a coach.

At the college level, recruiting is part of your job and when I assess coaching ability I assess their ability to recruit. Dan Mullen is a very good game day coach and a very good play caller...but he's an awful recruiter which makes him a mediocre coach ( and that's why he's out of a job).

The whole "if you give XYZ coach Alabama or Georgia talent, they would be doing the same thing" argument is invalid because they would never have Alabama or Georgia talent.

The thing is Harbaugh would never have Kirby's roster because he would never be able to recruit on that level. Urban Meyer convinced all those Texas in Florida kids to go to cold a** Columbus, Ohio. I'm not trying to hear any excuses about why Michigan can't do the same. Urban Meyer was able to take the SEC recruiting philosophy and infrastructure to the Midwest. That is part of his job as a coach.

At the college level, recruiting is part of your job and when I assess coaching ability I assess their ability to recruit. Dan Mullen is a very good game day coach and a very good play caller...but he's an awful recruiter which makes him a mediocre coach ( and that's why he's out of
Michigan can’t but that might change since the president got canned for not having a burner for the side piece. It’s true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom