Official 2021 Boxing Thread: 11/6 - Canelo Alvarez vs. Caleb Plant SHO PPV

Devin Haney is def the Black Paulie Malignaggi.

He takes any of them shots from Tank and he’s going straight to hell.

Then his corner/dad is basically telling to stop Jojo instead of boxing and jabbing. Boxing with his hands down too.

I'm biased because he from my city so of course I'm gonna root for him, but I was talking with my boy today, I really don't understand the levels of dislike for Devin Haney.

I'm biased because he from my city so of course I'm gonna root for him, but I was talking with my boy today, I really don't understand the levels of dislike for Devin Haney.
I wouldn't call it hate or dislike. He is just not exciting and I still do not understand how he got the WBC belt.

I wouldn't call it hate or dislike. He is just not exciting and I still do not understand how he got the WBC belt.

I don't know man, obviously Romero words are in a different context as a competitor an adversary, but I've heard similar language used often when making the same arguments by people who should not have any agenda in the last six months when talking about Haney.

Was thinking about this early just hearing all the boos coming his way. I get it if stylistically he not your cup of tea but it seems to me he being miscast as the villain when he seems like a good kid with his head on his shoulders.

i thought it was a decent fight but it was clear haney won the fight... hes a good boxer but his lack of power is concerning... i am curious to see what happens if and when he fights tank
Haney needs to build some lower body strength and he'll gain more than a bee sting of a punch but right now his legs are scrawny.

Jojo Diaz broke it down perfectly after the fight. Said Devin had no real “pop” on his shots and he feels like him squeezing to make weight might be doing that and that he has no lower body/leg strength too.

One thing for sure is next year it would be best that Haney fight Kambosos and get the hell outta that division and move up .if he’s stays I’m scared he’s gonna get caught in one of these fights and go to sleep.

I like Haney but yeah his personality doesn’t really sell. At times he comes off being the villain which is dope :pimp: but then he reverts right back to the good ol boy :lol:

Is Kambosos worth the risk for any of these guys to stay at 135 for?

If you’re willing to go over to Australia it could be worth a lot monetarily, but I don’t think any of these guys are willing to take that chance, outside of maybe Loma who 140 isn’t an option for.

And no, that wasn’t a bad stoppage. Dude was knocked down 3 times and getting pounded with his head down and eyes glossed over. That was over

Is Kambosos worth the risk for any of these guys to stay at 135 for?

If you’re willing to go over to Australia it could be worth a lot monetarily, but I don’t think any of these guys are willing to take that chance, outside of maybe Loma who 140 isn’t an option for.

yeah its worth the risk for sure. Haney knows that’s a legacy fight and any one of the other guys too. Fight in front of a crowd like that for all the belts? Gotta do it even if there is a risk.

Loma has no choice plus he put this all on himself to work his way back up. He was feeling himself too much in the Teo fight to the point where he didn’t put that rematch clause and or pull out the fight with the injury he had. No way Loma gets that fight with Kambosos.

yah good win, i like dude, had good chin and looks like he has power too, those uppercuts looks like it would take off most peoples head off, derevs just got the chin too

definitely gon keep my eye out for him

Idk if it’s the crowd being so damn terrible or what that’s making this seem so slow motion … very few people in the crowd even have their eyes on the ring lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom