OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
1609435445846.png

witnesskb24 witnesskb24

200.gif
pretty much what I said 5 years ago.

Raesjon Davis to USC.

I mean... We'll learn a lot about Ryan Day once Justin Fields graduates. We've already seen what happened to that defense without the Bosa's and Chase Young.
CJ Stroud is gonna be great. Buckeyes will be just fine.

I graduated law school at 25. He's not getting drafted as a 25 year old 5'9" QB. He's going no matter what next year.
Brandon Weeden went as a first rounder at 28 :lol:. He’s likely going to be used as more than a QB, and projects to be a career backup/offensive weapon so I think y’all are wayyyy too focused on his age, especially with some of the QBs we see get drafted. He was getting draft grades for 4-6 this year, that’s directly from his mouth.

CJ Stroud is gonna be gone. Don't be surprised if he's at SC in 2022 too. Quinn Ewers didn't go to tO$U to back him up. There's already talk about it :lol:
Ewers is a '22 kid though, no? Stroud is going to start next season and flourish. Ewers will sit his freshmen year in 2 seasons. So Stroud for the next 2 years. He's going to be a high 1st round pick. Ewers won't beat him out his freshmen year, and I like him. Can it happen, sure. But if stroud is gonna transfer, he needs to do it now, which we know he won't

Brandon Weeden went as a first rounder at 28 :lol:. He’s likely going to be used as more than a QB, and projects to be a career backup/offensive weapon so I think y’all are wayyyy too focused on his age, especially with some of the QBs we see get drafted. He was getting draft grades for 4-6 this year, that’s directly from his mouth.
Brandon Weeden was 6'3" and white. He also threw for 4700 yards and 37 TDs his last season in college. D'Eriq is 5'9" black and threw for 2600 yards and 23 TDs.

I'm not trying to say Weeden is better than D'Eriq, I'm just saying you know damn well an old short black QB isn't getting that benefit of the doubt, especially with two knee injuries now. He might get drafted, but he's not helping himself staying past 2021.

Ewers is a '22 kid though, no? Stroud is going to start next season and flourish. Ewers will sit his freshmen year in 2 seasons. So Stroud for the next 2 years. He's going to be a high 1st round pick. Ewers won't beat him out his freshmen year, and I like him. Can it happen, sure. But if stroud is gonna transfer, he needs to do it now, which we know he won't
Lot of people think Ewers won't sit, but I see your point and agree with its logic. There's also McCord next year.

Lot of people think Ewers won't sit, but I see your point and agree with its logic. There's also McCord next year.
Yeah, McCord might be the one that should probably reconsider. Good QB but probably not the type to beat out Ewers

Raesjon Davis to USC.

I mean... We'll learn a lot about Ryan Day once Justin Fields graduates. We've already seen what happened to that defense without the Bosa's and Chase Young.

I mean what defenses wouldn’t take a step back without two top 5 DEs leaving back to back :lol:

The line is good, obviously not as great as years prior. It’s the secondary that’s buns

Brandon Weeden was 6'3" and white. He also threw for 4700 yards and 37 TDs his last season in college. D'Eriq is 5'9" black and threw for 2600 yards and 23 TDs.

I'm not trying to say Weeden is better than D'Eriq, I'm just saying you know damn well an old short black QB isn't getting that benefit of the doubt, especially with two knee injuries now. He might get drafted, but he's not helping himself staying past 2021.
His age won’t stop him from being drafted. The knee injuries are a completely different argument, but again, he’s not being drafted to be the face of a franchise. Seneca Wallace played 9 years in the league and got drafted. I just don’t think age is a good argument at a position where backup QBs play until they’re damn near 40.

His age won’t stop him from being drafted. The knee injuries are a completely different argument, but again, he’s not being drafted to be the face of a franchise. Seneca Wallace played 9 years in the league and got drafted. I just don’t think age is a good argument at a position where backup QBs play until they’re damn near 40.
Seneca Wallace was 23 when he got drafted. D'Eriq is 23 right now. Come on man. How many QBs of D'Eriq's age have been drafted and lasted? If D'Eriq's goal was just to make the league he could have gone last year. Obviously his goal is to sneak into the first 3 rounds. And if age wasn't a hindrance to draft position, they wouldn't mention it so often in every draft.

If your argument is, well he may not be a QB he could be a WR too, how many 5'9" 40 year old wide receivers are in the league? King shoulda skipped the bowl and gone this year.

Can tell you first hand.. Quinn Ewers ain't going anywhere to sit. :lol:

TRUST.

It's literally the only reason he's not committed to Oklahoma right now.

Mullen is a great offensive mind but he's one of the worst sore losers in college football. He's always ready to make excuses for losing

Just say "We took a butt whipping and it's on the coaching staff, I personally take accountability" and keep it moving

State alum here.....never liked him. Don't like leach either.
Not mad at being hype before the game; embarrassing showing post game.

Seneca Wallace was 23 when he got drafted. D'Eriq is 23 right now. Come on man. How many QBs of D'Eriq's age have been drafted and lasted? If D'Eriq's goal was just to make the league he could have gone last year. Obviously his goal is to sneak into the first 3 rounds. And if age wasn't a hindrance to draft position, they wouldn't mention it so often in every draft.

If your argument is, well he may not be a QB he could be a WR too, how many 5'9" 40 year old wide receivers are in the league? King shoulda skipped the bowl and gone this year.
So King will be 24 when he gets drafted? I’m not really seeing this huge difference a year makes when we’re talking about a guy who profiles as a backup. Yes, we talk a lot about age when we’re talking about guys who you draft in the first round, when you’re thinking about an upside play.

You’re so all over the place lol. What does being a 40 year old receiver have to do with anything? Clearly, the backup QB play is the long term. He’d be extremely lucky to play that long as a Black QB regardless. The knee injuries are a bigger flag than the age. Period. Your Trump card was that Seneca Wallace was 23 versus King’s 24 at draft age. That simply isn’t a great argument, period.

So King will be 24 when he gets drafted? I’m not really seeing this huge difference a year makes when we’re talking about a guy who profiles as a backup. Yes, we talk a lot about age when we’re talking about guys who you draft in the first round, when you’re thinking about an upside play.

You’re so all over the place lol. What does being a 40 year old receiver have to do with anything? Clearly, the backup QB play is the long term. He’d be extremely lucky to play that long as a Black QB regardless. The knee injuries are a bigger flag than the age. Period. Your Trump card was that Seneca Wallace was 23 versus King’s 24 at draft age. That simply isn’t a great argument, period.
I’m not all over the place. I said Black QBs don’t get the same privileges that white QB prospects do. You said he’d be looked at as more than a QB (I’m guessing you mean to play more positions since he played WR as well in college.) you also referenced QBs playing til they’re 40.

So, 1. He’s not playing til 40 as a “weapon,” 2. Seneca Wallace was drafted 1-2 years younger than he would be and didn’t have his injury history, 3. Brandon Weeden was a 6’3” white QB. He checks a lot more of the QB boxes than D’Eriq does. All I’m saying is it’s in his best interest to go ASAP and not play 2022 and I suppose you disagree.

Look I could be wrong

Last edited:
So, 1. He’s not playing til 40 as a “weapon,” 2. Seneca Wallace was drafted 1-2 years younger than he would be and didn’t have his injury history, 3. Brandon Weeden was a 6’3” white QB. He checks a lot more of the QB boxes than D’Eriq does. All I’m saying is it’s in his best interest to go ASAP and not play 2022 and I suppose you disagree.
He disagreed and likely had more information than both you and I. You’re conflating me saying that he’d be used as a weapon when drafted to saying he’ll be used as a weapon until 40 :lol:. Am I dumb enough to think a QB will also be coming in for snaps at 40 in the slot? Not even realistic. The point was that Seneca Wallace played 9 years and was drafted 1 year younger than D’Eriq will be next year. Full stop. His development as a QB is likely more important than his age, especially as a backup QB. Coming out this year or next year isn’t gonna affect the tropes/bias he’ll face as a Black QB regardless, especially with his size. The combination of cashing in on the NIL as the QB of Miami and potentially raising his draft stock definitely sold him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom