OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

As bat **** crazy as Zach Smith is, he had a pretty solid breakdown of Miami’s 4 RZ trips here (minus the personal digs and hyperbole). Like I suggested, some of this was just poor execution by players — failure to get open, not holding blocks on the perimeter, dropping passes, etc. Some of the concepts were also just bad, specifically these bunch formations that are cutting down the amount of field that TVD even has to use. They’ve gotta be licking their chops with the meat left on the bone out there. Will see if he gets better or what the case is. But obviously goes against @nako xl’s Mario arguments.

Alabama won the National title with Devonta smith having at least three 200+ yard 3+ TD games. HE absolutely dominated. Are you seriously trying to compare what he did that season with any point in Stetsons career? :lol:

Has Stetson ever actually won a game for UGA? Like has he ever picked up the offense and won a game?

Alabama only played one game within single digits the entire season. If you replace Smith with an average SEC receiver, Alabama still likely wins the national title. I'm not taking anything away from Smith's greatness but I'm disputing your premise that you must be absolutely essential to your team in order to be the Heisman winner. Alabama probably still wins the national title in 2009 if Trent Richardson gets the bulk of the carries instead of Mark Ingram, doesn't diminish Mark's accomplishments at all.

Also Georgia was down in the fourth quarter of the national title game and Stetson went 4/4 and through two touchdown passes to lead us to victory. I think that would fall under the category of "winning us a game"

Alabama won the National title with Devonta smith having at least three 200+ yard 3+ TD games. HE absolutely dominated. Are you seriously trying to compare what he did that season with any point in Stetsons career? :lol:

Has Stetson ever actually won a game for UGA? Like has he ever picked up the offense and won a game?
Comparing Stetson Bennett to Devonta Smith in any way, shape or form is asinine.

Even though Ken was a superior athlete, I think casper90403 casper90403 ’s comparison of Dorsey to Bennett is pretty good in the sense that we all know they’re being carried by the talent surrounding them

Already thin and struggling, then the next most talented guy goes down. Gattis is going to have to simplify things and get some young guys going in a hurry.

As bat **** crazy as Zach Smith is, he had a pretty solid breakdown of Miami’s 4 RZ trips here (minus the personal digs and hyperbole). Like I suggested, some of this was just poor execution by players — failure to get open, not holding blocks on the perimeter, dropping passes, etc. Some of the concepts were also just bad, specifically these bunch formations that are cutting down the amount of field that TVD even has to use. They’ve gotta be licking their chops with the meat left on the bone out there. Will see if he gets better or what the case is. But obviously goes against @nako xl’s Mario arguments.

"There's just some ******** going on in college football. And that ******** is Josh Gattis." :lol:

Please remind the thread what my Mario arguments are.

Last edited:
Please remind the thread what my Mario arguments are.
Which one? You have a bunch :lol:. I just am not about to put poor route concepts and spacing on the HC, when they’re paying a stupid amount of money for a Broyles winner. Maybe Matt Weiss really was the engine there, and Gattis will get exposed this season. I just am less moved by narratives and more by what I’m actually seeing. You pretty much exclusive argue narratives with me :lol:

Which one? You have a bunch :lol:. I just am not about to put poor route concepts and spacing on the HC, when they’re paying a stupid amount of money for a Broyles winner. Maybe Matt Weiss really was the engine there, and Gattis will get exposed this season. I just am less moved by narratives and more by what I’m actually seeing. You pretty much exclusive argue narratives with me :lol:
My takes:

1. He's a great (maybe elite) program and culture builder
2. He's a bottom of the barrel game manager in FBS
3. He's grossly conservative. He tries to keep the point total to under 40 points every game because he's so sold on his mash your face in, run the ball, philosophy ultimately winning out, so he thinks if it's a rock fight his team will win every time. The problem is, other teams like to throw the ball forward, a concept offenses on teams he coaches still haven't mastered.
4. "But, but, Justin Herbert!" you say? Exactly. Justin Herbert. If that isn't a glaring enough indictment for you, allow me to present;
5. Tyler Van ****

4. "But, but, Justin Herbert!" you say? Exactly. Justin Herbert. If that isn't a glaring enough indictment for you, allow me to present;
5. Tyler Van ****
Lol you went from not thinking TVD was worth the hype to now using his performance in 3 games under a new OC as evidence? Just a few days ago you were trying to compare him to Slovis in terms of disappointing after a good frosh year. I think that there’s truth in some things you said, but again you’re more on narratives there versus giving me actual football related points.

I think that Miami fans generally knew that Mario had warts as a HC. Just not sure Mario is telling Gattis to run bunch splits with poor route combos and not put his guys in the best position to win on the outside. Seems implausible, but that fits your narrative more.

My guess is that Michigan insiders were looking at it in hindsight but they claimed Gattis was “pulled” from the recruiting trail and Jim took the reigns of the O last year… His offense was never that consistent and was awful in the red zone at Michigan… Could be noise but i am not heartbroken he left.

My guess is that Michigan insiders were looking at it in hindsight but they claimed Gattis was “pulled” from the recruiting trail and Jim took the reigns of the O last year… His offense was never that consistent and was awful in the red zone at Michigan… Could be noise but i am not heartbroken he left.
I just find it hard to believe Jim was responsible for that when we’ve seen the offense when Jim was running it. Hell I saw it in person for 4 years.

Way way way NFR

But aepps20 aepps20 come get your granny

giphy-21.gif

Da beat and lyrics go HARRRRRRRD.

jay-z-head.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom