OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Sept, I asked about why Colorado with its environment and pull had a program fall to such lows

Someone answered because the school itself doesn’t put money into the athletic dept/football program

Interested to see how much they pay Prime

That was likely me who responded. In short, I still stand by all that I said in the fall... it was true. However, we hired a new president for the CU system a month ago. He has already changed quite a bit with the athletic department. He said the football program is like a front porch to a house. It is the first thing people see. No matter how great your house is, if your porch isn’t welcoming, the rest of the house is meaningless.

This is the first time in a long time that we have had a pro athletics president. He already changed the transfer requirements to allow us to actually compete with other schools. Buffs are coming for ya!

That was likely me who responded. In short, I still stand by all that I said in the fall... it was true. However, we hired a new president for the CU system a month ago. He has already changed quite a bit with the athletic department. He said the football program is like a front porch to a house. It is the first thing people see. No matter how great your house is, if your porch isn’t welcoming, the rest of the house is meaningless.

This is the first time in a long time that we have had a pro athletics president. He already changed the transfer requirements to allow us to actually compete with other schools. Buffs are coming for ya!

Shedeur for sure following his pops right?

Good to hear

The internet (YouTube) is saying shadeur, Travis, Shiloh and Kevin Coleman are leaving with prime. His current OC & DC are going too but won't be in those positions.

I'm rooting for prime but I don't see this turning out well. I heard CU is gonna pay him $5 mil a year. He is making $500k at JSU a year.

This to me has that cam Newton mvp season feel to it. The critics couldn't say much because he won MVP and reached the super bowl. As soon as they lost, they were on his rear end.

I can hear it now "I told y'all prime couldn't coach". All we gonna hear is that he a recruiter and that's it.

Black men don't get hired often and even fewer get rehired. If I'm gonna risk losing and tarnishing my legacy as a college football coach it sure has hell won't be at Colorado.

CU hasn't been good in football since Kordell Stewart left.

Bomani made a good point on Twitter stating that Mel Tucker is the only CU coach out of the last 7 to not get fired because he left to take the MSU job. Based on history Prime is more likely to get fired/resign then he is to win.

CU alums and boosters, y'all ready to start cutting checks to get them NIL deals crackin?

Where would $5M put him in the conference?

Colorado had Laviska Shenault I guess :lol: but yeah they haven’t been on the radar since

141A523B-D5C8-4FF5-989D-7056AF4B62C7.jpeg

I'm excited to see what Prime can do in Colorado.

Im not I wanted him to stay with us and keep it going. Had hopes that next year we would back out of that Celebration Bowl and actually enter the FCS playoffs - also hoped someone from the FBS step up and add us as a fill in since s there’s conference realignments happening they got open spots

He did changed life for HBCU these past few years though, especially the national attention. appreciate all the contributions to the facilities at JSU, the mentor he was for the guys and def brought a whole new swag & culture to the football program and university!

We def gonna lose his boys, Hunter, and others to CU. Who knows how many others gonna jump to the portal. It’d be amazing if everyone stayed though and ran it back but we know the main path to the NFL starts with FBS

My boy on boxden summed it up perfectly.

Screenshot_20221204-004859.png

I'm a Mississippi native so I'm definitely grateful for the exposure Prime brought to JSU and the hbcu movement but, unlike most, I had no doubt in my mind that Prime was gone the moment the right opportunity came. I can never fault a man for doing what's best for him and his fam but I do feel like he shouldn't have made those promises about staying, building a dynasty, and putting HBCUs in the national spotlight although he did make his last promise come true. I think this should be a lesson to people to stop being so gullible, we live in a different time.

Boy yall be harder on Deion and other coaches that leave for better than Da *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Name of game is to make as much money as possible in any job. Y'all would be a fool to think any coach would stay at a job coaching for 500k when you can make 5M,

Boy yall be harder on Deion and other coaches that leave for better than Da *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Name of game is to make as much money as possible in any job. Y'all would be a fool to think any coach would stay at a job coaching for 500k when you can make 5M,
I don't think anyone is mad at him getting money, a lot of people are just upset at him for selling dreams to the kids. At least that's what I'm taking from the criticisms I've been seeing. Like I said I knew from the jump what Deion's play was but you can't fault people for getting at him when he was saying things like this

People were stealing from Deion, breaking into his kids' cars, and then you had the water situation so I completely understand him leaving lol

I don't think anyone is mad at him getting money, a lot of people are just upset at him for selling dreams to the kids. At least that's what I'm taking from the criticisms I've been seeing. Like I said I knew from the jump what Deion's play was but you can't fault people for getting at him when he was saying things like this

People were stealing from Deion, breaking into his kids' cars, and then you had the water situation so I completely understand him leaving lol

Fans need to get tougher skin and realize how the game goes. He did put HBCU back on the map and helped kids. All coaches sell dreams to kids on every level

Fans need to get tougher skin and realize how the game goes. He did put HBCU back on the map and helped kids. All coaches sell dreams to kids on every level
I don't disagree with you brother, like I said I already knew what was up but then again I also empathize with the folks who feel Deion pulled a snake move even if I think they're being extremely naive. I didn't think Prime would leave this quickly, I expected at least 5 years but given all that's went down while he was at JSU I completely understand his decision lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom