OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess every player that is going to be a first round pick and plays is “built different” :lol:

Jalen Carter came back from a pretty serious injury where he missed about half the season. He's already been a contributor on a national championship team, would have been easy for him to just pack it in and get ready for the draft instead of come back for a title run.

To play devil's advocate, a lot of the reason HBCU alums are in their feelings is because they're trying their best to dispel the notion that going from an HBCU to a PWI is "growth" and "elevation".

The subtext there is that what the white man is offering is inherently better than anything black people can offer.

I don't agree with this. Anyone with understanding of the business of collegiate sports understands this isn't true but that is how many HBCU alums feel. Also, Deion did a lot of talking about how black people need to step their game up in order to level the playing field... And then he jumps ship to the first P5 opportunity he gets.
I agree with you but when he meant step it up I think he was referring to facilities and dollars which he is right. I wish we could get HBCUs a tv deal as that would be a game changer. Does anyone think Jackson State would pay him what CU is paying him?

Jalen Carter came back from a pretty serious injury where he missed about half the season. He's already been a contributor on a national championship team, would have been easy for him to just pack it in and get ready for the draft instead of come back for a title run.
BUILT. DIFFERENT 😤😤😤

To play devil's advocate, a lot of the reason HBCU alums are in their feelings is because they're trying their best to dispel the notion that going from an HBCU to a PWI is "growth" and "elevation".

The subtext there is that what the white man is offering is inherently better than anything black people can offer.

I don't agree with this. Anyone with understanding of the business of collegiate sports understands this isn't true but that is how many HBCU alums feel. Also, Deion did a lot of talking about how black people need to step their game up in order to level the playing field... And then he jumps ship to the first P5 opportunity he gets.

The thing is instead of people sitting back talking like somebody abandoned them or lied. Why not build on the momentum Deion had? Deion can't be the savior for black colleges. It needs to be more Deions that will take those jobs. He did great things for that program and now he felt it was time to move on. I never remember Deion saying he was staying there forever.

PortalSZN liiiittttttt

Also god damn he's been there 3 years already?!

Mans was always getting beat. Definitely didn't play like a 5-star but that's partially probably due to poor defensive coaching (Looking at you, Chizik). Wish him the best.

PortalSZN liiiittttttt

Also god damn he's been there 3 years already?!

He reclassified to the class of 2020 but yeah, it is kind of crazy how quickly time passes. I remember people thinking he was going to Georgia. I wanted him badly coming out of high school. Would have gotten much better coaching at Georgia. Wish the kid the best, tons of potential

Boutte had a rough start to the season and an up and down season overall. Not too surprised that he's coming back, but I was hoping that he dipped :lol:

The thing is instead of people sitting back talking like somebody abandoned them or lied. Why not build on the momentum Deion had? Deion can't be the savior for black colleges. It needs to be more Deions that will take those jobs. He did great things for that program and now he felt it was time to move on. I never remember Deion saying he was staying there forever.

The burden his critics are putting on him is unfair. Why does he have to do all the heavy lifting? We got n's calling him a sellout that hasn't attended a hbcu sporting event or donated money to any of the schools. These N's got money for season tickets to watch the Atlanta Hawks and falcons but won't buy season tickets for their local hbcu. You don't even have to go to the games. You can just buy the season tickets and donate the tickets to a local high school and let some high school students go to the games.

Negroes that are critical of prime will spend $$$ on weave bundles and cognac but won't make $100 donation to a HBCU. The real sellouts are those negroes because what they are essentially saying is them n's ain't worth my time or $$$.

Hell, my family flew across the country and some drove from Nashville to go to the Southern Heritage Classic. The trip cost me nearly $2k but it was worth it. I enjoyed myself. It felt like one big family reunion. I can't front, we mainly came to watch JSU because of Prime. That was my first HBCU football game I have attended. It will not be my last. And I ain't better or more special than anybody else. I work a regular job and I make regular money.

Brett Neilon tore his Achilles in the Utah game. He had been told he was likely getting drafted this spring but now this will be a 1 year recovery. Just awful tupac003 tupac003 casper90403 casper90403
dammit. Thats tough. Nephew tore his almost 3 years ago and he's nowhere near the same. Even had Curt Shillings foot doctor as his surgeon and rehab stint but at that size, its hard to recover.

The burden his critics are putting on him is unfair. Why does he have to do all the heavy lifting? We got n's calling him a sellout that hasn't attended a hbcu sporting event or donated money to any of the schools. These N's got money for season tickets to watch the Atlanta Hawks and falcons but won't buy season tickets for their local hbcu. You don't even have to go to the games. You can just buy the season tickets and donate the tickets to a local high school and let some high school students go to the games.

Negroes that are critical of prime will spend $$$ on weave bundles and cognac but won't make $100 donation to a HBCU. The real sellouts are those negroes because what they are essentially saying is them n's ain't worth my time or $$$.

Hell, my family flew across the country and some drove from Nashville to go to the Southern Heritage Classic. The trip cost me nearly $2k but it was worth it. I enjoyed myself. It felt like one big family reunion. I can't front, we mainly came to watch JSU because of Prime. That was my first HBCU football game I have attended. It will not be my last. And I ain't better or more special than anybody else. I work a regular job and I make regular money.
I didn't even go to an HBCU and I stay donating to Howard and other HBCUs. He got them new facilities, two championships and more ESPN coverage than they ever got before. What more do people want? Do those clowns not understand that it JSU paid him what CU is paying him he would still be there? Money talks

I didn't even go to an HBCU and I stay donating to Howard and other HBCUs. He got them new facilities, two championships and more ESPN coverage than they ever got before. What more do people want? Do those clowns not understand that it JSU paid him what CU is paying him he would still be there? Money talks
Bruh, it's crazy. Black people have no problem paying market prices for cars, sneakers and houses but they want Prime to keep bringing the same value to all of HBCU football at below market value prices. It makes no sense.

Bruh, it's crazy. Black people have no problem paying market prices for cars, sneakers and houses but they want Prime to keep bringing the same value to all of HBCU football at below market value prices. It makes no sense.
It makes me sad. He did so much for HBCUs so why not be thankful for what he did. If he flamed out they wouldn't want him either so which is it. He used his platform to do great things and he is one of us. Those people are making it a PWI vs an HBCU thing when it isn't. I wanted to go to Howard for undergrad and law school. They gave me 0 scholarships and very little financial aid . I went to a PWI because of the money and I have never regretted that decision. CU is paying him wayyyyy more than they've ever paid a coach. If JSU wanted to keep him then pay him.

On the contrary I don’t think it’s about the money for Deion. Maybe for his assistants but he’s also obviously not taking all of them with him.

CU was the only P5 that offered him despite his agent trying to convince people Auburn and TAMU were interested. I think he just wants to coach at the top of the college sport and sadly HBCUs still aren’t getting that respect.

Ironically I was starting to see talk of JSU playing in the FCS playoffs next season…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom