OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arizona State hired Bryan Carrington away from TCU to coach DBs

Dillingham tryna fire up the bags in Tempe

Wait? Flordia?

nod-yes.gif

What was in the last tweet?

I’ve heard Brohm was talking to the WKU QB leading to his portal entry and expectation that he’s waiting on Brohm to announce for Louisville. Also that it caught Helton and the WKU staff by surprise. (Oregon and UCLA and a couple other P5s also after the QB according to 247)

Arizona State hired Bryan Carrington away from TCU to coach DBs

Dillingham tryna fire up the bags in Tempe
1. They’re going to be hearing from the NCAA soon. Do they really want to transition from a staff full of sloppy bag men to another staff full of slightly more careful bag men with the eye of Sauron potentially on them?

2. With Samples and Carrington as well as the Arizona based assistants they already have, it seems like they’re going all in on Texas and Arizona recruiting as their plan?

3. That DB room is going to be horribly coached isn’t it? :lol:

What was in the last tweet?

I’ve heard Brohm was talking to the WKU QB leading to his portal entry and expectation that he’s waiting on Brohm to announce for Louisville. Also that it caught Helton and the WKU staff by surprise. (Oregon and UCLA and a couple other P5s also after the QB according to 247)

Pretty much telling Brohm that if he going to leave then just leave and not be so sloppy about having stuff leak out beforehand

1. They’re going to be hearing from the NCAA soon. Do they really want to transition from a staff full of sloppy bag men to another staff full of slightly more careful bag men with the eye of Sauron potentially on them?

2. With Samples and Carrington as well as the Arizona based assistants they already have, it seems like they’re going all in on Texas and Arizona recruiting as their plan?

3. That DB room is going to be horribly coached isn’t it? :lol:
1. Goofy - but what choice do they have? :lol:

2. Good luck in Texas. Not gonna work out the way they think it might.

3. Yeah, without a doubt.

I think Brohm does well at Louisville, but he needs to dump Ron English ASAP.

It’ll be interesting to see who Purdue pulls because there really isn’t an obvious MAC guy to pull, and they are notoriously very cheap.

I think Brohm does well at Louisville, but he needs to dump Ron English ASAP.

It’ll be interesting to see who Purdue pulls because there really isn’t an obvious MAC guy to pull, and they are notoriously very cheap.

Changing their tune on transfers huh? Notre Dame is going hard too.

This transfer cycle is going to crater Stanford. They currently have 7 starters in the portal.

The last transfer in they got, that I know of, was the kid from OU who applied to the school by himself, got in, enrolled and paid his own way, then showed up to Shaw’s office like “hey I played at OU last year, is it cool if I play here?”

Changing their tune on transfers huh? Notre Dame is going hard too.

This transfer cycle is going to crater Stanford. They currently have 7 starters in the portal.

The last transfer in they got, that I know of, was the kid from OU who applied to the school by himself, got in, enrolled and paid his own way, then showed up to Shaw’s office like “hey I played at OU last year, is it cool if I play here?”

Looks like the recent success has given them a little leeway, that’s how the push pull usually works at Michigan.

I honestly think Stanford should hire a academy guy, I don’t think this new era is going to serve them well. Guys like Fangio or Mason are going to be disasters.

Looks like the recent success has given them a little leeway, that’s how the push pull usually works at Michigan.

I honestly think Stanford should hire a academy guy, I don’t think this new era is going to serve them well. Guys like Fangio or Mason are going to be disasters.

Nah completely against the academy guys - the money is there for a name believe it or not but there’s a lot of internal debate ongoing.

Nah completely against the academy guys - the money is there for a name believe it or not but there’s a lot of internal debate ongoing.
Money isn't an issue with Stanford, but they don't want a football for football's sake coach. Shaw was an alum and never willing to sell his soul for the sake of football so they loved him, but for his replacement they want someone who understands that the brand of the academic institution comes first.

That said, a year ago the talk was they wanted to go the way of the Ivies, and now this month their insiders are saying they're actually willing to loosen up some of the academic, transfer, and budgetary restrictions so we'll see.

I heard Dave Clawson, but wouldn't be surprised to see them go after someone like Mike Bloomgren also. Someone said Mike Elko but I can't see him doing that. They were probably just connecting the elite private institution to elite private institution dots and figured if he could succeed at Duke he could do it at a place with more (football) prestige like Stanford.

is Jim Leonard going to the league?

He would look outstanding as the DC of USC. Does he even like recruiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom