OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't someone post a tweet in here saying that Georgia last several losses have been to a team with a decent qb and two good receivers? Please post that again.

Didn't someone post a tweet in here saying that Georgia last several losses have been to a team with a decent qb and two good receivers? Please post that again.
My brotha ATL wouldn't hear it when we said if Bama's receiving core didn't get hurt in the national championship game da dawge would've lost.

Dawgs respond again but they haven't solved the CJ Stroud problem.

My brotha ATL wouldn't hear it when we said if Bama's receiving core didn't get hurt in the national championship game da dawge would've lost.
Same thing here bro, if Jameson doesn't get hurt if the NC game, Bama would have beat them again. They don't want to hear it though.

Going back in the thread to find that tweet now, but haven't found it yet.

Surprised Smith doesn't get more looks. He has the ability to completely burn people in the secondary

Tough break for the buckeyes. Henderson is a beast.

I think Ohio State is the toughest matchup for Georgia. They were the team I wanted to play the least because they have the one thing that Georgia has struggled with over the last couple of years: Heisman level QB Play and elite pass catchers.

2021: Alabama- Heisman winning QB, Bryce Young, along with elite wide receivers Williams and Metchie

2020: Florida- Heisman finalist QB, Kyle Trask, along with elite pass catchers Kyle Pitts and Toney

2020: Alabama- Heisman finalist QB Mac Jones, Heisman winning wide receiver, Devonta Smith and Jerry Jeudy

2019: LSU- Heisman winning QB Joe Burrow, and elite wide receiver in yours, Justin Jefferson and Jamar Chase

Ohio State is the closest team to fitting this profile. Ohio State will be a tougher matchup then Michigan, TCU or any other team would have been.

All of this being said, I still think Georgia beats Ohio State because I don't think they can stop Georgia's offense and Georgia is disruptive enough to keep Stroud off schedule.

I hate to resort to simple man ball ideas like "toughness" but Ohio State does come across like a team that doesn't like to get smacked in the mouth or play physical football. In a weird way, it seems like OSU has become a finesse passing team.

If Michigan can out physical Ohio State then Georgia will have an absolute field today because Georgia is basically Michigan on steroids with better players at every position
Wasn't a tweet but here it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom