OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude if he comes back he's getting an absolute BAG.

I don't believe it but we shall see.
It ain’t even just the rookie deal. Kicking the second contract another year down the road, too.

Nevermind there’s some decent situations at the top of the board for QBs this year, too.

Indy, LA, Atlanta, New Orleans, Carolina, Jets… lots of spots with good talent needing a guy that can just make throws.

MJ Sherman to Nebraska. I think he's going to do big things in the Big Ten. He wasn't able to with the depth chart at UGA but that doesn't mean he's not a quality player.

So let me get this straight, This guys argument is that Ed Reed shouldn't publicly talk about the issues at HBCUs because this will hurt their image and ultimately lower enrollment, donations, etc? Seems like a pretty weak argument to me.

I have to hold Ed Reed accountable as well though. Did he not tour the campus and understand the state of the program before he accepted the job? How is he surprised by any of this?

SmartSelect_20230116_115832_Twitter.jpg

Funny to see “Daytona State College’s” name thrown out there. It used to be Daytona Beach Community College (DBCC) when I was growing up aka Deland State University. Basically where the derelicts would go because we didn’t do well in HS or our parents couldn’t afford 4 years of uni. I probably would have went there, too, had I not joined the Service. Daytona is a dump. 🤮

Same time, next year?

I wouldn’t be surprised, but I feel like Indy was the only place that would be willing to give him everything he wants, and would be fine with his eccentricities.

I just don’t think most NFL teams want to deal with him from a personality standpoint.

So let me get this straight, This guys argument is that Ed Reed shouldn't publicly talk about the issues at HBCUs because this will hurt their image and ultimately lower enrollment, donations, etc? Seems like a pretty weak argument to me.

I have to hold Ed Reed accountable as well though. Did he not tour the campus and understand the state of the program before he accepted the job? How is he surprised by any of this?
Uhh, HBCUs are historically underfunded compared to PWIs. What the hell was Ed expecting taking the job? He’s clearly using it like Deion — purely as a stepping stone for another job. Bomani spoke about it today on his pod. Ed hasnt even signed the contract and it’s already more about what the program can do for him, then what he can do for the program. I also don’t really like the trope that HBCUs are so mismanaged, or that somehow people are specifically mishandling funds there. We don’t think white people are mismanaging funds at PWIs? It just looks extremely different when the budget is tiny and every dollar counts a bit more. He hasn’t even been there long enough to understand the administration and their issues, nor did he go to a HBCU. It’s definitely clown behavior and I obviously love Ed. It’s all about being underfunded, and let’s not forget what the purpose of HBCUs are and what the history of them is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom