OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just a sad situation overall. Rumor is that he took some drugs at LSU that messed with his mind. When he transferred to UGA, he was 300 lbs and he needed time to get his mind and body right.

Even this season, he was our fourth tight end behind Brock Bowers, Darnell Washington and the freshman, Oscar Delp. It's bizarre that he chose to transfer to UGA when that position group is so stacked.

I wish the kid well, from all accounts he's a good person and comes from a good family.
What kind of drugs? Recreational or medically prescribed? If medically prescribed that is beyond tragic.

It's just a sad situation overall. Rumor is that he took some drugs at LSU that messed with his mind. When he transferred to UGA, he was 300 lbs and he needed time to get his mind and body right.

Even this season, he was our fourth tight end behind Brock Bowers, Darnell Washington and the freshman, Oscar Delp. It's bizarre that he chose to transfer to UGA when that position group is so stacked.

I wish the kid well, from all accounts he's a good person and comes from a good family.

I saw the drugs made him crazy thing from LSU and UGA message boards.

But without saying a name cfb writers had said even mid 2020 season that there was a kid at LSU who had been caught smoking weed so many times that he’d burned all his chances and the school wouldn’t let them keep him because weed is still more serious in places like Louisiana and Georgia than it is in some other states.

Just putting things together it always sounded like he was the unnamed kid, like he had some emotional/mental health struggles and was self medicating with weed, and maybe he needs to focus on his health and not football for a while. The elite football recruit/player life can be an unhealthy grind.

Why should he have to pay for his father’s sins tho?
Briles was the one that said to a black recruit "Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor and they love football players,” and told a group of other recruits that if they went to Baylor girls would be “very available” for them.

All while there was a sexual assault epidemic going on at the school that the football coaches probably knew about.

I hope Prime does well but let’s be real, it’s 90% hype right now. Colorado is the shiny new object. We will see if top recruits follow him if he’s producing 4-5 win seasons a few years in a row

But y’all gotta stop saying these kids grew up watching him when they weren’t even alive to watch him play :lol:

Last edited:
I hope Prime does well but let’s be real, it’s 90% hype right now. We will see if top recruits follow him if he’s producing 4-5 win seasons a few years in a row

But y’all gotta stop saying these kids grew up watching him when they weren’t even alive to watch him play :lol:

A 2023 recruit was born in 2005-6 (My senior year of college which makes me feel old👴🏾 lol), They didn't see a single down of his career. Prime primarily appealing to their parents.

Yeah, I think there's a good portion of the casual college football fan who doesn't understand just how bad Colorado is The worst team in P5 and one of the worst teams in FBS. It will be a miracle if they win four games this season.

A realistic trajectory, assuming everything goes well, for Colorado is:

3 wins in 2023
5-6 wins in 2024

I hope Prime does well but let’s be real, it’s 90% hype right now. Colorado is the shiny new object. We will see if top recruits follow him if he’s producing 4-5 win seasons a few years in a row

None of us said they saw him. We said their parents have and know him well. That holds merit. A 15-18 year olds parent can range from 33-50+ years old give or take. A recruits parents probably would be familiar with Deion, definitely black kids.

Dude tried to compare Herm Edwards to Deion. There isn’t a comparison

A 2023 recruit was born in 2005-6 (My senior year of college which makes me feel old👴🏾 lol), They didn't see a single down of his career. Prime primarily appealing to their parents.

Yeah, I think there's a good portion of the casual college football fan who doesn't understand just how bad Colorado is The worst team in P5 and one of the worst teams in FBS. It will be a miracle if they win four games this season.

A realistic trajectory, assuming everything goes well, for Colorado is:

3 wins in 2023
5-6 wins in 2024

So y’all think Shedeur gone flop as a P5 QB? What’s your stat prediction for Shedeur?

63% completion, 2700 yards and a 22 TD - 15 interception ratio??? Some of y’all are acting like Deion is inheriting Colorado’s previous QB.

Shedeur SHOULD be the difference. I’d be shocked if Colorado doesn’t win at minimum 7 games…

I think Shedeur will have at least 3500 yds, and 25+ TDs

So y’all think Shedeur gone flop as a P5 QB? What’s your stat prediction for Shedeur?

63% completion, 2700 yards and a 22 TD - 15 interception ratio??? Some of y’all are acting like Deion is inheriting Colorado’s previous QB.

Shedeur SHOULD be the difference. I’d be shocked if Colorado doesn’t win at minimum 7 games…

7 games next year?

I’ll throw down any amount you want that they don’t.

2 cornerbacks gonna bring one of the worst P5 teams to a 7 win team?

Honestly, I'm not sure. Shadeur was a top 250 recruit so the talent is there but he is taking a Grand canyon sized step up in competition going from the SWAC to P5.

I haven't watched him enough to give a fair assessment. His role is going to change because he'll go from having the most talented team in the SWAC to being the least talented team in P5 in Colorado. We'll see if he's able to raise the level of those around him.

None of us said they saw him. We said their parents have and know him well. That holds merit. A 15-18 year olds parent can range from 33-50+ years old give or take. A recruits parents probably would be familiar with Deion, definitely black kids.

Dude tried to compare Herm Edwards to Deion. There isn’t a comparison
And yet I explained exactly where the comparison lies.

And that’s before I get into Pac 12 and program minutiae.

And you still never answered my question. **** you haven’t answered any of them :lol:

mase-lol.gif

Let me enjoy this. I haven’t been this excited since they hired Dan Hawkins… and we all saw how that turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom