OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it hips or long speed with him?

Long speed, he was handsy at Illinois but guys are being coached up to do that because they aren’t calling it in college like they do in the league. I just worry without that and the lack of length, the lack of long speed is going to be more of an issue.

I’m not going to lie at 180 I’d worry about him physically holding up at S but he’s got the mentality to do it. I think Nickel is ultimately his best position tho, he’d be a playmaker there with his instincts.

Are you concerned with the travel aspect of being in the B1G? People keep bringing it up but USC/UCLA knew what they were signing up for.
They're flying private, so the trip to Minnesota, Nebraska, and Wisconsin, Iowa, is 1-2 hours longer than the flight to Seattle. It's not great, but these are also 18-22 year old kids and they're probably never going to have to do it more than 2x in a row. It'll suck more for olympic sports but even then I imagine they'd treat it like the nba does and make it a road swing. We've had remote learning in place since covid so the concerns about the effects of "being out of the classroom" are overblown also.

Plus at the end of the day, what's more harmful? Staying in the PAC12 and all the f*** s*** that comes with, or going to the B1G where even if nothing else changes, we'll be getting 3x as much money for our troubles?

Yea how these guys run at the combine is going be huge

But I worry with how much porter Jr grabs too

But want to see how deonte banks tests.. obviously wouldn’t be the first guy to go, but the film and size is there

If I was the ACC I wouldn’t do anything. They know the conference is done and them schools aren’t gonna pay them fees to leave

Not college football related but one of the big college sports towns and considering this has been a thing that’s occurred a couple of times recently with other figures:

If I was the ACC I wouldn’t do anything. They know the conference is done and them schools aren’t gonna pay them fees to leave

Why would they lay down when they’ll have a legal claim of $100M for each school that leaves? They may not ever see a dollar but you better believe they’ll fight until the very end. Too much money at stake.

Define good?

Deion focused on the band. Great marketer, let’s see how the actual football works

FB_IMG_1677799734503.jpg

Yea how these guys run at the combine is going be huge

But I worry with how much porter Jr grabs too

But want to see how deonte banks tests.. obviously wouldn’t be the first guy to go, but the film and size is there

None of you guys like Emmanuel Forbes? Is it his weight or speed? I think he’s like 180, but all those interceptions at the college level. He also had the record for pick 6s.

His ball skills should translate at least.

Don’t they literally play those 3 teams every year anyway? :lol:

Yes but making those teams Alabama's permanent opponents on top of rotating Georgia, Texas A&M, Florida, Oklahoma, etc would give Alabama a more difficult schedule than other teams. We don't know for sure but a pairing of Tennessee, Auburn and LSU would be by far the most difficult permanent three opponents we've heard about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom