Official 2022 Boxing Thread: 8/20 - Usyk Vs. Joshua II DAZN

GGG won the first fight but lost the second... the third was a blowout by canelo... not sure what the judges were watching smh

Decent fight, especially from Rd 7 or so on. Glad GGG came back strong in the second half and made it kinda close.

Btw, has GGG ever fought at 168 before? I know Canelo's always played games to have advantages going into fights, but I didn't realize this was at 168 til a couple days ago.

It sucks GGG lost, but I do take solace in knowing he dominated the first fight and knowing that the second fight should have been a draw….

It sucks GGG lost, but I do take solace in knowing he dominated the first fight and knowing that the second fight should have been a draw….
Come on man. The fight was super close, that’s one thing most people can agree on. It could have gone either way. It can’t be a close fight one fighter dominated :lol:

Oh you’re probably right in terms the betting and stuff

But GGG was on a historic KO run
Against a untested 154 younger dude moving up?

My money was/is on GGG all the way

GGG had a bunch of KO wins against weak competition and a weak division when he reigned. I'll give him credit for Kell Brook. But don't let numbers confuse you. Same way Tyson dominated the heavyweight division with a bunch of KO in his prime cuz he had no quality competition. Then Holyfield and Lennox came and end of story for him

Calling Canelo untested, even when he fought GGG the first time is laughable. The dude was already one of the best pound for pound when they first fought and still is.

Expected outcome, GGG needed to throw caution to the wind earlier, maybe he sneaks out a win. I'll say this though, we have seen Canelo fold guys in every weight class, GGG has never even been buzzed as far as I have ever seen. Dude just has that natural strength.

No one was hurt. This was a better fight than most expected. GGG lost, but Canelo didn’t look great. If you wait until someone is that old, you should show out. Alvarez couldn’t do that. He dominated, but there’s no way he can be happy with that performance.

Decent fight, especially from Rd 7 or so on. Glad GGG came back strong in the second half and made it kinda close.

Btw, has GGG ever fought at 168 before? I know Canelo's always played games to have advantages going into fights, but I didn't realize this was at 168 til a couple days ago.

Think this was the heaviest he’s weighed in at (167), but his previous fight was at (super) middleweight too.

Back
Top Bottom